We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Login alerts

Login alerts

today when I logged in to play a new character about level 10 I noticed a note came up about something called login alert for something.

So where do I go look at the login alert page? I don't remember this at all!

Every now and then, it happens when I change from one server to another. For this, I have to log out from the old one, close the launcher, restart it, and log in again to choose another server.

While my first character is logging out, I often have a look in the browser (you see that I am an impatient person), and may become distracted by some interesting article which I read for a few minutes.

Then I start the Lotro Launcher, log in, and see a double icon in the task bar. Whoops, forgot to log out the older session completely (not only the character, but the game, too). Now I have to open it, see the message that I have been logged out, because someone else logged into my account (great, that was actually myself) and beneath that is a single 'quit' button, which I have to confirm in order to close the older session. After that I can continue to play in the newer session. Nothing was wrong, I just messed it up, because you can open several instances of the Lotro Launcher side by side.

Was it that, what you saw? Because your description is really vague.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by Rheformed View Post
    today when I logged in to play a new character about level 10 I noticed a note came up about something called login alert for something.

So where do I go look at the login alert page? I don't remember this at all!
    Depending on which "Alert" you are talking about -- Click on the scroll box in the lower right corner of the screen.
    That displays most alterts you get - typically about Hobbit Presents, Deeds, Landscape Quests, etc.

You may also get Alerts that pop-up as white text in the middle of the screen describing some event your character is involve with - Deeds, Quests, Locations, etc.
    These normally can be found in the Chat window.
    You may have to scroll back a bit to read them, especially if you have left the World chat channel active!
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)