We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Allergic to Snowy Grims??

I'm a lvl 89 hunter and out doing quests in Whitmore.
    Happily killing everything that comes my way I get a quest where I should kill 8 Snowy Grims. I set out to kill me some grims and....... DEAD!!!!!!!
    I try again since I was not really paying attention the first time. 5 secs later.... DEAD!!!!!!!!!!
    I have tried so many different ways to go about this enemy and have so far managed to kill 1 out of pure luck. They hit me with DoT for 1.5k per tick and their beast form deals around 2.8.

Am I allergic to these or am I just very specific in my suckiness since I'm not having any trouble with any other mobs?
    I tried the "Last Stand" quest where we set out to kill Nurzum aaaaand there are grims there = Death.

I'd love to hear if there is a great way to deal with these or if someone else have had problems with them.

Check your combat log and see what they are hitting you with.
    Then change your Traits to give more resistance to what ever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Check your combat log and see what they are hitting you with.
    Then change your Traits to give more resistance to what ever it is.
    It sounds like you have gone max dps and ignored mits and resistances. Hunter is by far the least resilient class, and needs all the defensive traits it can get when it takes damage.

I have been through there with a Hunter twice - 1 w/ LI , and 1 w/o (pre U23); not had any problems with the Grimms, although I wouldnt want to take on 3 at a time.

Unfortunately with all the recent chaos, it is hard to say if your problem is you or the game. After one update, grims in Withered Heath were spamming 28k hits, eating up my 145k in seconds, while almost everything else was hard but doable.

Are grims the only tactical foe you facing? What are your resistance (number and percentage)? What are your mitigations?

Your mitigations and such may be the blame you fare badly against grims, but the DEAD part is not your fault. Its the "current 85-95 area damage is tuned too high" problem. It mostly affects Wildermore and the better part of the West-Emnet, but Id say leave wildermore for now and return there later. Altho, you could have tough time in west emnet too, but not that hard...

I looked at my stats now and I've definitely favored Agility and Vitality over the other stats so I deal quite decent damage but I'm quite squishy.
    I can deal with up to 3 on par Orcs and still have some HP left but any more than that and it becomes a game of chance. The Grims however dish out such rapid attacks, roots and freezes that tick away a lot of HP so that I only survive a few seconds even against a grim 4 lvls beneath me.

I checked the mitigations and have 26% against tactical whereas I have 43% against physical. I doubt that those numbers would make such a huge difference though. (Killing a minor herd of physicals vs. Can hardly shout profanities before it's resurrection time against Grims.) The phantoms along the shore pose no problem.

I looked up the Snowy Grims at lotrowiki and it says there that they should have about 12K morale at lvl 85. The ones I have been fighting are lvl 85 and have 16K morale which might mean that they somehow have received a 33% boost. If that boost also include attack power and mitigations then that might be the reason why I am having such a hard time against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimneras View Post
    I looked at my stats now and I've definitely favored Agility and Vitality over the other stats so I deal quite decent damage but I'm quite squishy.
    I can deal with up to 3 on par Orcs and still have some HP left but any more than that and it becomes a game of chance. The Grims however dish out such rapid attacks, roots and freezes that tick away a lot of HP so that I only survive a few seconds even against a grim 4 lvls beneath me.

I checked the mitigations and have 26% against tactical whereas I have 43% against physical. I doubt that those numbers would make such a huge difference though. (Killing a minor herd of physicals vs. Can hardly shout profanities before it's resurrection time against Grims.) The phantoms along the shore pose no problem.

I looked up the Snowy Grims at lotrowiki and it says there that they should have about 12K morale at lvl 85. The ones I have been fighting are lvl 85 and have 16K morale which might mean that they somehow have received a 33% boost. If that boost also include attack power and mitigations then that might be the reason why I am having such a hard time against them.
    You will have quite some time (levels) before you can slot tact mits in any convenient manner.
    It sounds like a buggy feature since it's not an instance and you're not running naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    You will have quite some time (levels) before you can slot tact mits in any convenient manner.
    It sounds like a buggy feature since it's not an instance and you're not running naked.
    Although each class only lists 2 ability traits to focus on, FATE is just as important; each class talks about MOST important, and important, traits, I always try to keep Fate at about the same level as the "Important" trait.

They seem to have been tweaked a bit now and I changed tactics totally and VOILA!!! =)

Spamming purge poison helped a lot. Now I've managed to beat Nurzum with about 200 morale left in the end XD