We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[FEATURE REQUEST] Keep all UI settings between characters

The game settings under Options > UI Settings > Floating Information are not saved across characters. However, almost all other settings under Options > UI Settings are saved across multiple characters. I think all settings under Options > UI Settings should be account-wide and not character specific. (I don't see any reason why these particular settings should be character specific while all the others are account-wide. It seems like they should all be the same for consistency.)

Maybe use?

/ui layout save <filename>
    and
    /ui layout load <filename>

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan333 View Post
    The game settings under Options > UI Settings > Floating Information are not saved across characters. However, almost all other settings under Options > UI Settings are saved across multiple characters. I think all settings under Options > UI Settings should be account-wide and not character specific. (I don't see any reason why these particular settings should be character specific while all the others are account-wide. It seems like they should all be the same for consistency.)
    Many players set up their UI, especially quickslots, differently for different playstyles on different characters. Some characters are used for roleplay vs adventuring. Some use ranged skills vs. melee vs. healing and some players arrange those skills based on use. There's lots of reasons for each character to have a different UI layout. As already posted, the /ui layout save and /ui layout load commands save and load the UI allowing players the best of all worlds - those that want separate UI layouts can have them, those that want it all the same can have that.