We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hrithkol

Hrithkol

I would like some suggestions for how a solo 120 burglar can get past Hrithkol (the big drake) in the Thrumfall Solo instance that is part of the quest chain. The DoTs are better than they were before, but I'm still dying too quickly and can't advance past this guy.

edit: part of the problem is that I can't seem to CC him at all.

edit2: I squeaked by Hrithkol, but now I'm having the exact same problems getting back the Fire Drake Warden. DoTs are definitely destroying me.
    Last edited by DanteIL; Nov 16 2018 at 05:54 PM.

My Guardian has trouble with number 3, Askurth.

I also saw a video of number 4, Etterfang...

Any suggestions for those of us who can't fight from a distance?
    From f2p to p2p: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

play it at lvl118, if you need the solo completition. It counts and is a lot easier.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    play it at lvl118, if you need the solo completition. It counts and is a lot easier.
    Thank you. This did the trick for me, and I hope it will help the OP as well.

I also bought 120 level foods and an interesting purple pocket item from the AH that gives lots of in combat morale restoration.
    From f2p to p2p: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

Nope, lowering it to 118 didn't help me, unfortunately. I can't get past the drake Askurth now. I used resistance and morale-regen food, but still die too quickly to the fire attack. My burg CC doesn't work, and my oh-#### skills are too often on cool down. I asked kinmates to help but they aren't the right level or aren't on at the same time as me. I asked in World chat, but was ignored. This solo instance is part of the landscape chain of quests, and (as far as I understand) the daily quests are locked behind it). Kind of frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Nope, lowering it to 118 didn't help me, unfortunately. I can't get past the drake Askurth now. I used resistance and morale-regen food, but still die too quickly to the fire attack. My burg CC doesn't work, and my oh-#### skills are too often on cool down. I asked kinmates to help but they aren't the right level or aren't on at the same time as me. I asked in World chat, but was ignored. This solo instance is part of the landscape chain of quests, and (as far as I understand) the daily quests are locked behind it). Kind of frustrating.
    If playing it at 118 doesnt help with a 120 character, I think, there might be some issues with equipment... did you throw away all questrewards because they were green even though they had better stats? Did you ignore legendary items upgrades over the last years? Your burgs damage should be high enough to kill the solo-version of the drake at 118 without issues. My minstrel and hunter didnt even use their healing skills, if they did, they had ended the fight with full morale... and guard and beorning had no issues either... maybe try a pot (new healpots give roughly 20k morale)?

I only have one more idea what you can try:
    go in with a group.

When I wanted to unlock the crafting instances via solo-runs, someone asked for a ranged damage dealer for T2 glimmerdeep just endboss. I was lvl118, was able to join and when the boss died, I think, that counted for the solo-completition to unlock things... so its not really required to run the three-mans solo...
    I could be wrong, but this is how I remember it.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/