We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

@Zipfile - Please :-)

I am a long time player (off and on for 11 years) who still finds himself with a lot to learn. I have always played Guardian (highest level character is now 74...lol). I play primarily for the love of Middle Earth, the story and the beauty of the game. I have great respect for those who take the time to provide guides and information on making characters better.....characters :-) Zonflux, Oelle and you (as well as others I am sure I am forgetting) have done so much to help guardians and it is very much appreciated. I have read your posts regarding red line skills and I have read Zonflux's guide. I have a Dwarven guardian (lvl 74) I am running red line sword and board as well as blue line tank. I am also working on an Elven guardian (lvl 60) which I am going with 2-hand sword or sword and shield. I am curious what builds you prefer for solo play? Are they similar to what is in Zonflux's guide? What Virtues do you use? This would be for solo / landscape leveling play mostly. Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

While most of my experience is at cap and I cannot really speak for mid-levels, I feel like similar knowledge can apply, at least in trait lines.

If you want the old Red Guardian feel (mediocre AOE/pitiful ST DPS with a ton of self-healing), run yellow line with max Radiate and only spam AOE skills, you can proc the self-heal multiple times in a single skill and rely completely on Flash of Light damage to kill the enemies. Only problem arises when you have a single enemy left which might take some time to bring down. Also, re-marking after you kill an enemy might be a bit of a sore, but you get used to it.
    As for red line....well....just spam bleed skills basically, nothing really much to it IMO, and make sure to use Overwhelm properly.

As for virtues, I tend to run mitigations/morale, so mainly look for those. Innocence, Valour, Zeal, Discipline/Tolerance, Fidelity/Compassion are my primaries.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Thank you very much! :-)