We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thikil Gundu T3 - please make ghosts controllable *somehow*

I've got my concerns about the way T3 difficulty tier is being designed currently in general (key word: "tedious"),

but the one thing that really upsets me and many others is that the ghosts in Thiki T3 are not at all controllable. They just stun 1 group member until they're dead. That person can go afk grab a coffee in the meantime because the group cannot possibly come up with any skill that will counter this ghost's stun. I am sorry, but in my opinion that is not a valid mechanic. It does not require any additional skill from the group as opposed to t2. It's just a very tedious slow on the group that seems to have no other objective but to make people take longer for trash. Please introduce some way for the group to interrupt the ghosts/break their spell. I don't even really care what it will require. I just think players should be given the opportunity to counter this with a coordinated and appropriate reaction.

Edit: or considerably reduce those ghosts' morale to make this less time-consuming (I prefer the counter-action version, but this would be a very quick fix that would be okay also). After all, they are only pop-ups of trash groups that have already been killed in between the boss fights, which are the main event of the instance.
    Rimeya (LM) Daefareth (HNT) Synne (RK) | Server Gwaihir

I disagree you should considering to adjust your approach or learn how it work. Real problem atm is moral max until we found or have better stuff for opti dps. I suspect there is a bug when ghost pop and not suicide themselves if there is no control on them.

Our real concern should be about etterfang difficult who made it impossible to complete for some class or at last not fun.

The stun is not the Problem, its the way to high moral.
    The spirits in the Fror fight have around 2 Million Moral, that is enough to me.
    Cordovan talked in his last stream about t3 difficulty and sayed, its ment to be difficult.
    But max. Moral on Trash makes the instance not more difficult just longer and annoying to play.

And i also agree with Etterfang, who ever designed this never played a melee class^^
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    But max. Moral on Trash makes the instance not more difficult just longer and annoying to play.
    This ! I was obviously talking about max moral on all not only ghost.

And i also agree with Etterfang, who ever designed this never played a melee class^^
    Melee class can be "coffe afk" behind ice wall. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Daefareth View Post
    I've got my concerns about the way T3 difficulty tier is being designed currently in general (key word: "tedious"),

but the one thing that really upsets me and many others is that the ghosts in Thiki T3 are not at all controllable. They just stun 1 group member until they're dead. That person can go afk grab a coffee in the meantime because the group cannot possibly come up with any skill that will counter this ghost's stun. I am sorry, but in my opinion that is not a valid mechanic. It does not require any additional skill from the group as opposed to t2. It's just a very tedious slow on the group that seems to have no other objective but to make people take longer for trash. Please introduce some way for the group to interrupt the ghosts/break their spell. I don't even really care what it will require. I just think players should be given the opportunity to counter this with a coordinated and appropriate reaction.

Edit: or considerably reduce those ghosts' morale to make this less time-consuming (I prefer the counter-action version, but this would be a very quick fix that would be okay also). After all, they are only pop-ups of trash groups that have already been killed in between the boss fights, which are the main event of the instance.
    Its the same mechanism as in Naerband, stun the dwarf before it dies and the spirit spawns and will die by itself. In naerband you need to stun to avoid a big hit. I dont know if it equals all the dwarfs but some of them it does...
    Last edited by Clerebald; Nov 12 2018 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerebald View Post
    Its the same mechanism as in Naerband, stun the dwarf before it dies and the spirit spawns and will die by itself. In naerband you need to stun to avoid a big hit. I dont know if it equals all the dwarfs but some of them it does...
    I am not sure about it. I believe it is random.

There are a good amount of posts now that explains the problem with mob moral pools in Thikil Gundu and Tier 3, specifically trash mobs, even more the Fell-Spirits who got an astonishing 7x increase to their tier 2 counterparts and were buffed from Elites to Master Elites.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...on-Cord-Stream

Here is a post with Cordovan responding and the OP explaining in more detail.

Hey folks, just thought I'd let you know what's going on with Thikil-gundu. The T3 fell-spirits were not meeting their original design intentions in practice, so I've adjusted them a bit for an upcoming patch soonTM. Their health has been substantially reduced on T3 to about 2.5 million total, and they are now also vulnerable to Fellowship Manoeuvres. They are still Masters for purposes of defence/mit stats and immune to most CC, but this should make these sections of trash less needlessly time-consuming.
    Designer, Content

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." - J. R. R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinion View Post
    Hey folks, just thought I'd let you know what's going on with Thikil-gundu. The T3 fell-spirits were not meeting their original design intentions in practice, so I've adjusted them a bit for an upcoming patch soonTM. Their health has been substantially reduced on T3 to about 2.5 million total, and they are now also vulnerable to Fellowship Manoeuvres. They are still Masters for purposes of defence/mit stats and immune to most CC, but this should make these sections of trash less needlessly time-consuming.
    And people will still skip them cause it's not worthwhile fighting, especially considering they de-spawn when they get out of combat.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    And people will still skip them cause it's not worthwhile fighting, especially considering they de-spawn when they get out of combat.
    I'm not sure if it's going to be a thing anymore. Letting spirits to wipe the group/running back/rebuffing - it all takes time. If the spirits are going to be 2.5k mil and vulnerable to FMs i think it's easier to AoE them down, especially now when people are mostly geared up anyways ...

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    This should be easily fixed by adding frost wall after each trash what drops off when trash is killed.

Wait what...devs don’t respond to actual questions only fluff questions what’s happening here???

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Hey folks, just thought I'd let you know what's going on with Thikil-gundu.

Thank you, but we are knowing what is going on in Thikil-Gundu on T3. However, it is nice, that SSG knows it too now, after 5 weeks of not taking any notice of the issue.

Two more fixes that will be in an upcoming patch:

• Frór will no longer become inactive and block progress through the space if someone is standing near the geode when he resets.
    • The locked door to Afhân-binnîn will no longer fail to open once the trash in Amrâg-zahar is defeated.
    Designer, Content

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." - J. R. R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin

so the changes won't come with the patch tomorrow? or just forgot to add them to the patch notes?
    = Soldurii =

The changes to the fell-spirits are in tomorrow's patch, but unfortunately, the two I listed earlier today didn't make it. Those changes will be in the next patch.
    Designer, Content

The changes to the fell-spirits are in tomorrow's patch, but unfortunately, the two I listed earlier today didn't make it. Those changes will be in the next patch.
    Remove the 50% incoming dmg reduction that the armoured dwarves give and replace it with something else. There are plenty of cases where there are 2 armoured dwarves so all dwarves receive 2 50%- incoming dmg buff while the armoured dwarves themselves get an extra 50%-.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Remove the 50% incoming dmg reduction that the armoured dwarves give and replace it with something else. There are plenty of cases where there are 2 armoured dwarves so all dwarves receive 2 50%- incoming dmg buff while the armoured dwarves themselves get an extra 50%-.
    Only 2 of the 6 dwarf pulls have this unless you hit an icicle which is then your fault. And one of those pulls is a chance to be orcs. I think this is perfectly fine.
    Lvl 120 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 115 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 115 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 120 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 120 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 120 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Olebenny View Post
    Only 2 of the 6 dwarf pulls have this unless you hit an icicle which is then your fault. And one of those pulls is a chance to be orcs. I think this is perfectly fine.
    4 of the dwarf pulls are ignored, and even with this change the dwarf pulls will still be annoying and kills everyone inside when you get dwarves instead of orcs.

I mean....

2 armoured is fine, they are just a PITA, if you are somehow pulling more than 2 armoured at once you are doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I mean....

2 armoured is fine, they are just a PITA, if you are somehow pulling more than 2 armoured at once you are doing something wrong
    No one ever said anything about pulling 3 armoured dwarves....