We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Difficulty Level: Level 50 Instances

I would like to hear a report or three, when folks get there, as to whether the Level 50 instances are actually end-game quality experiences, or if they have retained the level of ease that they have acquired elsewhere.

For example, does Carn Dum require the coordinated activity of a group of players? Or is it something that fewer players can handle with ease? Are you mustering 12 players to battle the Balrog in The Rift? Or is 6 to 8 quite sufficient?

When you get the chance, I would like to know.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

You can solo almost everything, including group content.

If you can't solo it, you can certainly duo it.

Last edited by Saruman_Of_Numbers; Nov 11 2018 at 05:43 PM.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    You can solo almost everything, including group content.

If you can't solo it, you can certainly duo it.

Tiempko has done those instances on-level prior to the release of the legendary server as well. So have I. I think what he's wondering is whether the difficulty of angmar instances were adjusted to be more challenging for the legendary server.

Posting a vid from Oct 8 doesn't really answer that. I'm not saying its not the case-- I doubt they are difficult at all, but we still don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    I think what he's wondering is whether the difficulty of angmar instances were adjusted to be more challenging for the legendary server.
    They have not, as stated by the devs multiple times.

Legendary server = live server with lvl 50 cap.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

I never read anything about difficulty level. I figured since they did in fact change a few minor things, like general XP gain, they might have done something about mob scaling as well.

Unfortunately though I just heard that Rift was 3-manned earlier today.

I trashed the concept of this server from the start, but I never could have predicted it would fail so spectacularly. Lol.

Yes, I know they are the same . . . but they have the capacity to make them both sufficiently more difficult. The Legendary Servers provide the best opportunity to see if this is true.

My Club Éclair went through Urugarth, Carn Dum, and Helegrod at 45th level. We had no trouble in Urugarth with 3, some bosses in Carn Dum took 4, and we could finish one of the wings of Helegrod with 8. NOTE: This was with Level 45 characters. At Level 50, we could solo Urugarth, some bosses in Carn Dum took 2 folks, and we slayed the once-dead dragon at Helegrod with 6.

But this was before Standing Stone made some adjustments to difficulty in preparation for the Legendary Servers.

I am wondering if that preparation made the Level 50 content appropriate end-game quality fare. It is my hope that, if they make it sufficiently challenging on the Legendary Servers, it will be sufficiently challenging on the standard servers as well.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

Quote Originally Posted by Tiempko View Post
    But this was before Standing Stone made some adjustments to difficulty in preparation for the Legendary Servers.
    I think this is a misunderstanding. SSG haven't made any adjustments specifically aimed at the Legendary Servers, or in preparation for them.

U23 (and subsequent patches) made lots of changes to item stats with the primary aim of simplifying and streamlining lots of stuff in the background. This was not meant to make any significant changes in overall difficulty, but due to the overall increase of gear power at low and medium levels it did require several adjustments here and there to get things more-or-less back in line to where they were.

So far, from reading patch notes and comments on Bull Roarer, as well as playing on the normal servers, there has been NOTHING that indicates that any of the level 50 instances have been made - or will be made anytime soon - more difficult than they have been for the last several years.

If you want to know how difficult the instances are right now on the Legendary Servers, just jump into them on one of the normal server and try them out. I'd be very much surprised if there is any difference between the normal servers and the Legendary servers in difficulty.

In fact, my impression is that SSG believes that gear and difficulty has been beaten into a good enough shape for low- and mid-levels for now, despite the fact that in reality it is still a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    I think this is a misunderstanding. SSG haven't made any adjustments specifically aimed at the Legendary Servers, or in preparation for them.

U23 (and subsequent patches) made lots of changes to item stats with the primary aim of simplifying and streamlining lots of stuff in the background. This was not meant to make any significant changes in overall difficulty, but due to the overall increase of gear power at low and medium levels it did require several adjustments here and there to get things more-or-less back in line to where they were.

So far, from reading patch notes and comments on Bull Roarer, as well as playing on the normal servers, there has been NOTHING that indicates that any of the level 50 instances have been made - or will be made anytime soon - more difficult than they have been for the last several years.

If you want to know how difficult the instances are right now on the Legendary Servers, just jump into them on one of the normal server and try them out. I'd be very much surprised if there is any difference between the normal servers and the Legendary servers in difficulty.

In fact, my impression is that SSG believes that gear and difficulty has been beaten into a good enough shape for low- and mid-levels for now, despite the fact that in reality it is still a complete mess.
    Thats why i wont join the LS. If it was like it was before or they tweaked the difficulty harder maybe. The problem with this easy-mode is at higher lvl and more harder instance/raid, peeps havent learned mechanics or their class/role, harder to pug.
    Last edited by Clerebald; Nov 12 2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post

Yeah . . . I did take 4 Eclairians (Level 51) into Barad Gularan on Landroval to test the difficulty. It was not particularly difficult (though one of us did get a "bleed" for 3500 morale per pulse that made it challenging to keep her alive). But I am comparing this to my memories of the Eclairians going through this at 45th level. At that level, it was possible for 4 Eclairians to go through to the very last battle (which we could not win because of the mechanics of the fight, not because of level).

So, my impression is that if our old Level 45 characters had battled the instance with its current settings, they would have found it more challenging. Bit I can't tell by how much.

Consequently, I am still looking for more data points, if people are willing to provide them. Currently, I am planning for the Eclairians to enter the Moria instances when we reach Level 55 (likely in early February). Yet, if they are made into proper end-game content like they were when Moria was the actual end-game, then I may need to rethink the plot outline for our story.

Difficulty is a joke.

Bleeds are the only hard hitting thing atm.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

What's the point of the level cap, if you can faceroll Raids with ~6 people? Rift and Carn Dum are supposed to be hard. I'm aware that this isn't an actual vanilla server, but we're talking about endgame content here. Even if you take it slow, you're gonna hit level 50 in what? 2-3 weeks? And then maybe another 2 weeks for endgame content, if the difficulty remains the same. All you're left with then is getting bored to death for 3 months straight. Amazing!

I really hope SSG does the right thing here and adjusts the difficulty. There are a lot of returning players and even one of the biggest Twitch streamers, Shroud, played the game on stream with over 25k viewers, resulting in a publicity the game hasn't seen in years.
    This is your chance, SSG!
    Server: [DE]Gwaihir, Kinship: Hecki Hecki Pateng