We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Talking Bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Bug Reporting via this link feeds directly into our bug reporting and tracking systems.
    Among the issues with that form is that it requires a separate login/user ID from our forum and game logins, which it doesn't really tell you about until after you've submitted your ticket, and then want to go back and check its progress. Tying it to the player database would improve its utility and user appreciation.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    Among the issues with that form is that it requires a separate login/user ID from our forum and game logins, which it doesn't really tell you about until after you've submitted your ticket, and then want to go back and check its progress. Tying it to the player database would improve its utility and user appreciation.
    It also required you to respond to an email which I can't do because my ISP blocks everything coming from SSG and Turbine because of the number of spam complaints they got when these two companies were not blocked.

We NEED a proper bug report forum like most other MMOs have! I've come across dozens of bugs over the past year and have no way to properly report them.

The system does work.
    But it remains a painful form filling task. It ends with no immediate acknowledgement so has us wondering if we made a mistake and lost all that input, 'til we receive an email. Because there's no transparency we have no way of knowing if several thousands have already taken 10 minutes out of their game to supply the exact same information. Most of the time as I'm no longer at the cutting edge I assume that anything I find has already been reported and possibly ignored given the litany of long standing bugs and ill-conceived "fixes" to some "bugs". Much of the time I'm reticent to report a minor bug because there are so many others I'd prefer had the priority.

The last report I made was an unreachable node in a wall. You must get a load of these, why not change how you place nodes into the game or as you are placing landscape have a means to check assets in the locale? At other times I'm reticent to report because I've lost faith that the person making the change will understand what's occurred and how to fix it without introducing further problems. For example the War-steed turn rate got hit by a "cosmetic only" fix a few months ago. It had a huge unintended impact to the mechanics that had to be fixed, yet that fix didn't return us to the same turn rate as before but a minor increase. Good enough? Probably, but a sign that the code wasn't reverted but re-hacked or the engineer/QA hadn't the experience to even notice a difference. If I knew Vastin was going to be assigned over an intern or a Devilled Hat I'd be more confident.

Mac

We don't disagree that there is the potential for improvement in the bug submission process. However, it still remains the best way to ensure that the issues you report get directly to us, and we do encourage it's use.

Regardless of how issues are reported, one of the most important pieces of information you can include is the location information (/loc in client). It allows us to get exactly to where the issue is being reported from. Reporting with coordinates is tricky because it's not exact positional and heading information (and sometimes is misleading because of how we manipulate the landscape for certain instances).

We don't disagree that there is the potential for improvement in the bug submission process. However, it still remains the best way to ensure that the issues you report get directly to us, and we do encourage it's use.

Regardless of how issues are reported, one of the most important pieces of information you can include is the location information (/loc in client). It allows us to get exactly to where the issue is being reported from. Reporting with coordinates is tricky because it's not exact positional and heading information (and sometimes is misleading because of how we manipulate the landscape for certain instances).
    Look for your normal "bug" I'm on board. The problem with this bush thing is that they are encroaching on almost ALL roadways. In an area like LL, this isn't too glaring as the area should be at least a little run down. But in the Shire? The hobbits would never let their roads get that over grown. Its a hazard. The sheer volume that needs to be adjusted is the issue. Add to that, there are areas I can no long see my own toon due to overgrowth. This has not always been the case, so are these bugs or WAI?? We don't know. We only know that the vegetation in the world has apparently gone berserk. Whatever the last "frill update" did is no good. There's a full on shrub growing on one of the paths in Rivendell. Not tastefully. Like Bob Ross hair right smack in the middle of the path. I'm not talking about floating tents. The bushes and plants. Unless they are growing out of someone's porch, there's no real way for us to tell whether its a bug. But you now HAVE to run with floaty names on or you will probably never see the wood nodes, indigo-type scholar nodes, and in some cases ore nodes.

In the Bingo Boffin instance 'Sink or Swim' (in Stock) when he stops running around he ends up in the grass? weeds? whatever it is, it's so tall it obscures him completely. Probably a bug.

Bushes can and do grow incredibly fast when they get enough water and sunlight even if they are trimmed or cut back once a year - so unless a bush or tree is right in the middle of a village, a road or encroaching in a field even hobbits would leave them alone for the most part, after all there is always more important work to do. The further away we get from civilization, the more ok would I be if the pathways to the next settlement could be more guessed than seen - although I may be alone in this.
    New Order, maggots: Eat more carrots! The Dark Lord isn't pleased that none of you can see further than the end of your sword.

Quote Originally Posted by West-northwestook View Post
    Bushes can and do grow incredibly fast when they get enough water and sunlight even if they are trimmed or cut back once a year - so unless a bush or tree is right in the middle of a village, a road or encroaching in a field even hobbits would leave them alone for the most part, after all there is always more important work to do. The further away we get from civilization, the more ok would I be if the pathways to the next settlement could be more guessed than seen - although I may be alone in this.
    This isn't reality, son. This is fantasy. I totally get that overgrown Trollshaws makes more sense than over grown The Shire, but some of these things can't be intended. Like i said, there are areas where you HAVE to run with floaty names or you CAN"T see nodes. And that's not talking about the nodes buried in the ground or a rock somewhere. It was hilarious to have Bingo build a campfire IN a bush. Clearly, the bush wasn't there before. The bush was so thick I couldn't see him or the fire. If not for a piece of his name poking out I'd have never seen him. This is part of what makes tagging them a "bug" difficult. In some areas, the over growth makes more sense. But in the case of Rivendell, not so much. There is literally a tree branch growing out of the Guest House porch. Like clipped through the marble. In a lot of places, the overgrowth is so intense I can't see my own toon. No, I don't run first person. I can, but prefer not to.

So this one is clearly a glitch:

And this one:

But what about this one?

That last one is blocking the path to the tree bridge right next to the Guest House in Rivendell. So, WAI or bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Palentian View Post
    Where's this one at?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Where's this one at?
    Echad Candelath, Trollshaws

Bingo in Stock:

https://imgur.com/59fNlXB

Eh, the ruin is mostly a temporary camp for the elves there. I have lived in a city where tree saplings would grow out of the roof of houses that were in disrepair but not abandoned.

And this one:
    That's a glitch no question.

But what about this one?

That last one is blocking the path to the tree bridge right next to the Guest House in Rivendell. So, WAI or bug?
    Since every horse from the stables takes this route right through those bushes it's a glitch; otherwise I'd say a hidden forest track would be ok.
    New Order, maggots: Eat more carrots! The Dark Lord isn't pleased that none of you can see further than the end of your sword.

Quote Originally Posted by West-northwestook View Post
    Eh, the ruin is mostly a temporary camp for the elves there. I have lived in a city where tree saplings would grow out of the roof of houses that were in disrepair but not abandoned.

Its "growing" through the stone. Not out of the hillside, not through a hole, clipped through the stone. These are just 3 examples of how crazy the bush problem has gotten. And why we might need another solution than bug report every occurrence.

Kind of ironic that one of the first quests in Echad Candelleth has an elf sending you out to clear the road. If only!

Quote Originally Posted by Frace View Post
    Kind of ironic that one of the first quests in Echad Candelleth has an elf sending you out to clear the road. If only!
    LMAO I hadn't thought of that!

The amount of time the bug submission for takes is on par with coming here to the forums to post. If not faster.

I have my bug submission account perma-logged in. Don't have to fill out a login...

In game and seeing an art bug:

1. Get a good view of it (you're already there)
    2. /loc
    3. take screen shot [PrtSc]
    4. click report a bug button -> goto browser tab-> fill out maybe *five* fields.

(you don't have to fill out the whole thing for art bugs, people. The red asterisk is there for a reason...)

Takes me less than a minute each. Which is probably just as short, if not shorter than posting here or making fun of it in World Chat. Plus if you want devs to fix for things, it has to be *traceable*. Even if you have the most glorious visual bug ever, posting here means manual time for a dev to a) find your post b) enter it into the bug system anyway c) then figure out where it is if not obvious since no one is posting /loc in these threads.

If you just want to complain about landscape art, the forums is the place. If you want to actually *help* the devs be more efficient, accountable, and productive, then use the bug tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by henry316 View Post
    The amount of time the bug submission for takes is on par with coming here to the forums to post. If not faster.

I have my bug submission account perma-logged in. Don't have to fill out a login...

In game and seeing an art bug:

1. Get a good view of it (you're already there)
    2. /loc
    3. take screen shot [PrtSc]
    4. click report a bug button -> goto browser tab-> fill out maybe *five* fields.

(you don't have to fill out the whole thing for art bugs, people. The red asterisk is there for a reason...)

Takes me less than a minute each. Which is probably just as short, if not shorter than posting here or making fun of it in World Chat. Plus if you want devs to fix for things, it has to be *traceable*. Even if you have the most glorious visual bug ever, posting here means manual time for a dev to a) find your post b) enter it into the bug system anyway c) then figure out where it is if not obvious since no one is posting /loc in these threads.

If you just want to complain about landscape art, the forums is the place. If you want to actually *help* the devs be more efficient, accountable, and productive, then use the bug tracker.
    Yes I am aware of all that. Part of the problem is identifying what is actual bug from WAI. This latest frill update has gone a bit haywire, imo. Floating walls and building are easy to id as a bug. But the bush issue is different. I would really be spending my entire play time filling out bug reports. Have I really not been more clear about this?

Point taken.

Echad Candelath, Trollshaws
    That one actually could make sense. Shrubby trees do grow up through old stonework. The other two are definitely bugs though.

Bingo in Stock
    I just did the 'learning to swim' part of Bingo's series last week and I thought the reeds were fine, since he was unsure of himself and didn't want others to see him fail at swimming.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Yes I am aware of all that. Part of the problem is identifying what is actual bug from WAI. This latest frill update has gone a bit haywire, imo. Floating walls and building are easy to id as a bug. But the bush issue is different. I would really be spending my entire play time filling out bug reports. Have I really not been more clear about this?
    Bug, WAI or just done with an extreme lack of care/competence? Taken 16 months to finally get a new shield recipe to find it not worth the effort to make one. Instead traded Embers for one from a coffer that shows all sorts of item levels yet who knows what level the selected item will have. "Working As much as I can be bothered".

Are the GM are running interference on the LSs because of all the bugs that got ignored 11 years ago? Only I waited 4 hours, 12:33 to 16:33 EST for a ticket non-response on Classic today.

Mac

It was hilarious to have Bingo build a campfire IN a bush. Clearly, the bush wasn't there before. The bush was so thick I couldn't see him or the fire.
    Well, not that hilarious. :P

When Bingo bugs show up in my queue I do tend to jump on them ASAP, so this one is fixed, although I'm not sure when that fix will go live. Never underestimate the value of sending in reports on these, because nothing hurts the illusion that it's a real place like characters hanging out in the middle of bushes and trees, oblivious to the foliage, and it's not that hard for us to extricate them once we know where to look.

MoL

Well they could be hiding out in the bushes until the Nosey©®™ Hobbits pass by.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

If an NPC builds a fire in the middle of a bush; and then talks to the player; do we have a major religious moment??

{Run off to check LOTRO wiki for fish and loaf recipes}

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Well, not that hilarious. :P

When Bingo bugs show up in my queue I do tend to jump on them ASAP, so this one is fixed, although I'm not sure when that fix will go live. Never underestimate the value of sending in reports on these, because nothing hurts the illusion that it's a real place like characters hanging out in the middle of bushes and trees, oblivious to the foliage, and it's not that hard for us to extricate them once we know where to look.

MoL
    It's a hoot

When Crafting bugs show up in my queue I just send them to the bottom of the pile A Sap, and good riddance, pretty sure that puts a stop to that. If people want gear they should be buying keys for the lottery. Then I can bind shields on RKs and Offhand weapons on to non dual-wielders. No point in giving anything relevant it's only the Embers that have value. Then I can mess with their heads with the coffers showing one item level and giving them something else entirely.

AltDev

Until misplaced shrubbery verges on the Tribble magnitude I really don't care so much when systems are so poorly implemented as crafting has been the last few years.

Mac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2