We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary My ###.

This Legendary system is literal AIDS. The level of laziness you people have is befuddling, the fact that you people are too lazy to revert everything back to TRUE Shadows of Angmar cap is enraging. You people can't even code quests correctly please stop trying and just end LOTRO before it completely dies so you ######s stop looking like legitimate downs patients. The fact that you are making people PAY for this utter ### ####ery of a "legendary server" makes me absolutely livid.

They never said it was "vanilla" they explained what it was at length.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

Having a blast! This will extend lotro, to 2038, and beyond!
    Baellor, Ark : Not all those who wander are lost :

....okay, time to cut back on the caffeine

The money is being made....QQ more, baby!

SSG have proven time and time again they don't care. They just trying to raise the down payment for Maintenance Mode.

/delete and /uninstall, noob.
    Jimi's Mash

Quote Originally Posted by Aodhgan View Post
    This Legendary system is literal AIDS. The level of laziness you people have is befuddling, the fact that you people are too lazy to revert everything back to TRUE Shadows of Angmar cap is enraging. You people can't even code quests correctly please stop trying and just end LOTRO before it completely dies so you ######s stop looking like legitimate downs patients. The fact that you are making people PAY for this utter ### ####ery of a "legendary server" makes me absolutely livid.
    Pay for what? it's free to existing VIP's. You want in you pay for a regular membership which is a requirement and gives bonuses for many other things besides the "legendary servers". DOn't want to pay don't simple, noone's putting a gun to your head.
    alts Felonias - 65 Elf Hunter | Hornori - 65 Dwarf Champ | Healery - 54 Man Minstrel | Scarysherrie 16 Elf RuneKeeper | Wardina 34 Hobbit Warden | Cerebralward - 65 Man Warden | Cerebralburg - 65 Hobbit Burg | Underkeeper - 65 Dwarf RuneKeeper | Loremania - 65 Man LoreMaster | Cerebralcapy - 35 Man Captain

It's a big 'f u' to anyone who benefits from Premium account status. I've done this once, back when I bought SoA+MoM boxset. There are a lot of lifetimers still playing, along with active subscribers. They already get more boosts and treats than regular players. So an exclusive server for them seems like good idea. Seems, but it's not.
    First, pay to win, now, pay to play.
    Great F2P model indeed, best on the market, it was back in the day.

WE WANTS MONIES, BIG TIME.

Why not fix all the faulty mobs, landscapes, instances first? Nah, scratch that, let's start anew.

I don't understand people going to legendary servers. I mean, what's the point? Can already lock yourself on 50 on live server.
    I don't understand, and I won't - why the hell make people pay for playing 10-years old content, revamped, updated, and screwed where possible (i.e. Trollshaws quests). Trait lines? New classes/races? No PvMP?
    Doesn't make ANY sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockcut View Post
    It's a big 'f u' to anyone who benefits from Premium account status. I've done this once, back when I bought SoA+MoM boxset. There are a lot of lifetimers still playing, along with active subscribers. They already get more boosts and treats than regular players.... First, pay to win, now, pay to play....
    Some people get Premium status by paying $15 one time, and never again. Not saying you did this, but some do. Compare that to people who are current subscribers, choosing to spend their money and support the game-- they should get something extra!

Also "pay to win" - nonsense. The "boosts and treats" enjoyed by VIPs do NOT make a game-winning difference over what Premium players get. Throw around terms that actually apply to this situation, not just terms you think will pack a punch when people read them.

"Now Pay to play" - also wrong. You can still play, you still have access to everything you had before. The only difference is now there's a new service restricted to current paying customers. You aren't losing anything, you just don't want others to have access to something that you don't. Entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockcut View Post
    I don't understand people going to legendary servers. I mean, what's the point? ...Doesn't make ANY sense.
    Then don't be upset about it! You don't even want to play on the Legendary Servers, and yet you're upset that other people get to use them and you don't. Again, entitlement.

Well they said on the steam about 2 weeks ago, as much as they wanted to make the server vanilla, they are unable too. The old server back-ups simply will not run on their systems anymore, they are too old and broken. Sure with enough resources they could replicate it. But the amount of work they would need to do so, makes it never happening. Saddly SSG is not willing to invest heavily we can see they take the short cut many times.

It's fairly simple: If you don't like the legendary server...... don't play on it.

But don't go complaining that there are players - such as myself - that DO like the server, and are thoroughly enjoying it!

Count of non-anon people on Anor at writing of this post: 1585

This server is working out just fine, and it has been very popular. Ered Luin is FILLED with people, and i have been here for 3 days!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

People like to feel special, or at least that they are a part of something unique and exclusive (i.e. "Legendary").
    Others enjoy the thought of not having to associate with casual noncommittal players.

As a long time VIP, I feel I have the right to say I LOVE the LEGENDARY servers.
    Pay to play, ofc you numbnuts, I have done that since day one, because unlike some of you, I understand that players need to put money into a game to keep it alive.
    Its not that hard to understand.

as a VIP and paying cutomer, Im very pleased that the Standing Stones have been given me something extra to enjoy myself with.
    And Im pleased to register that the players with the bad attitude are stuck in the ordinary servers, meaning most of those who cannot behave are f2p. You are no loss to the community, but I see you cry a lot in the forums these days.. your tears are salty and taste nice

Why so many people are playing on the legendary servers is simple -
    It's the first chance we've had to go back to the feel of playing at launch,
    with lots of other players all starting at lvl 1.
    Sure, we would have all prefered actual vanilla, but it's the next best thing,
    and the only thing we're going to get.
    I was just really lucky to have come back to lotro just a few weeks ago,
    after not having played since Moria expansion,
    or I would have never even known about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    As a long time VIP, I feel I have the right to say I LOVE the LEGENDARY servers.
    Pay to play, ofc you numbnuts, I have done that since day one, because unlike some of you, I understand that players need to put money into a game to keep it alive.
    Its not that hard to understand.

as a VIP and paying cutomer, Im very pleased that the Standing Stones have been given me something extra to enjoy myself with.
    And Im pleased to register that the players with the bad attitude are stuck in the ordinary servers, meaning most of those who cannot behave are f2p. You are no loss to the community, but I see you cry a lot in the forums these days.. your tears are salty and taste nice
    I agree with you and the population is great ! I leave the game with even more than 1600 players online only on Anor ...

Good night

It's nice to have the semi-feeling of a relaunch that the legendary servers give. I've hit 20 already and have yet to 'ignore' anyone. Fact of the matter is, if someone consistently pays for something, they tend to have an attachment and care for the product past the normal F2P player. That's just a human trait. Not saying all free players are jerk wads, but there is a lot of toxicity that comes with the F2P crowd. It's almost saltier than the PvP groupies these days. Been kind of nice not encountering it. Now if we could just keep the US politics out of world chat it may just be perfect...lol.

Give them credit for a clever cash-grab that involves hardly any new investment of resources.

And expect to see a lot more of the same.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

The Black Appendage of Sauron

$15 one time??

Your not talkimg about life timers only paying $15 it was $150? Also yes they do make money from life time accounts. We buy points so they still make Money from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Some people get Premium status by paying $15 one time, and never again. Not saying you did this, but some do. Compare that to people who are current subscribers, choosing to spend their money and support the game-- they should get something extra!

Also "pay to win" - nonsense. The "boosts and treats" enjoyed by VIPs do NOT make a game-winning difference over what Premium players get. Throw around terms that actually apply to this situation, not just terms you think will pack a punch when people read them.

"Now Pay to play" - also wrong. You can still play, you still have access to everything you had before. The only difference is now there's a new service restricted to current paying customers. You aren't losing anything, you just don't want others to have access to something that you don't. Entitlement.

Then don't be upset about it! You don't even want to play on the Legendary Servers, and yet you're upset that other people get to use them and you don't. Again, entitlement.

I am at a loss that the level of ignorance and hate you show towards things that you clearly know zero about otherwise you wouldn't use them in some kind of childish manner to try and vent your frustrations. You realise that your comments are bordering on a crime in civilised countries?

What I find more worrying is the fact that everyone in this thread has overlooked this because it helps to further their agenda when it comes to making a point.
    Shame on you all... seriously.

To the OP - I hope you enjoy your ban. Here is hoping that it is permanent and in real life I hope you never have to deal with the things that you so easily use to ridicule.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    I am at a loss that the level of ignorance and hate you show towards things that you clearly know zero about otherwise you wouldn't use them in some kind of childish manner to try and vent your frustrations. You realise that your comments are bordering on a crime in civilised countries?

What I find more worrying is the fact that everyone in this thread has overlooked this because it helps to further their agenda when it comes to making a point.
    Shame on you all... seriously.

To the OP - I hope you enjoy your ban. Here is hoping that it is permanent and in real life I hope you never have to deal with the things that you so easily use to ridicule.
    Well said!

I like it. So much so that I decided to reactivate my VIP subscription to buy entry.

Shocking indeed that anyone should have to pay for a service these days.

Don't like it, don't play. Simple. Some people enjoy it. Different people can like different things.

And honestly if you want LotRO to die then why do you even care? What does it matter to you what people on LotRO enjoy? Clearly, this is not the game for you. Go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    It's fairly simple: If you don't like the legendary server...... don't play on it.

But don't go complaining that there are players - such as myself - that DO like the server, and are thoroughly enjoying it!

Count of non-anon people on Anor at writing of this post: 1585

This server is working out just fine, and it has been very popular. Ered Luin is FILLED with people, and i have been here for 3 days!
    Couldn't agree more!

The amount of people that are on these 2 servers is crazy and a boon to Lotro game fans and the Devs. These are people actively paying to play a game. That supports the Devs financially and any additions they want to do to the game.

This might support a push to get that 64 bit client out faster.
    This might support being able to get people to work out bugs.
    This might support future content.

So many things an influx of capital does for a game community. If you enjoy the game you should try to support them financially for the time you play.
    Otik - Guardian
    Anor
    BraxKedren - Twitter

Lightbulb

To OP !!!

The name Legendary is only a chosen label. It is not a description per se. They certainly are not "legacy" or "vanilla". SSG never claimed they would be. The choice "Legendary" was probably taken out of marketing decision as it kind of sends out the signal that it is something like "vanilla" or "legacy" and that is probably why they chose that specific name/label. Easier to market it then and draw people in to check it out and hope they stay. Not a bad marketing plan/ploy acctually, as far as that label goes. Yes, it can lead to some feeling dissepointed when they thought it meant "legacy" or "vanilla", but at the same time SSG can not be accused of lying in any way. Very clever way to walk the line, from a purely marketing standpoint.

As for Your choice of words and the way You express Yourself I have to agree with others here. You only make Yourself look bad in my opinion anyway.

Here's my opinion on this:

*DISCLAIMER: I'm a lifer...I paid $200 8 years ago for the pleasure of never having to pay anything else for the life of the game. Totally worth it. I also quit exclusively playing about 5 years ago (right around after F2P launched) b/c 1) I wasn't happy with the changes WB forced into the game, and 2) Kin drama & dissatisfaction. Being a Lifer I can come and go as I please, when I please...and over the years I have done just that. I am fairly up-to-date on what's on Live now. OKAY...on to my take on these servers...

I couldn't really see the point...at least not when it comes to people who have to pay actual monies. As far as I can tell it is NO different than playing on Live, with one exception...the starting zones aren't completely barren and that's a welcome difference to Live....of course that means fighting for people over quest mobs again, but...psh whatevs...
    However, to ask people (non-lifers) to pay monthly to play on a nearly identical server to Live...there is NOT enough here to make that worth it. There just isn't. Doesn't affect me, but it does bother me. I am currently playing on Anor for exactly one reason...my friends, who I originally met in this game, and my husband are playing and we get to play together. As I don't have to pay any money, that is enough for me to stick with it, but for those who need to continue investing...yeah this is a pile of pointless IMO.

Just my 2 cents for anyone who cares.