We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed

    Hi, for the past two days, presumably since the latest patch, I cannot log in to the game any more. The launcher starts, then gives this error message:

    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data downloaded from the server.]

    What should I do? I have an exemption for LotRO in my virus scanner already; anyway, that hasn't been a problem for a long time.

    I use Windows10.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlimmli View Post
    Hi, for the past two days, presumably since the latest patch, I cannot log in to the game any more. The launcher starts, then gives this error message:

    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data downloaded from the server.]

    What should I do? I have an exemption for LotRO in my virus scanner already; anyway, that hasn't been a problem for a long time.

    I use Windows10.
    I have the exact same thing!
    (I use Windows 7 Ultimate)

  3. #3
    You might try this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have reverted a change that we believe caused this. People currently getting an error message when trying to launch the game launcher need to take a step to resolve this issue. There's a longer and shorter way to correct this issue for you. The longer way is to use the Repair option in the launcher, but that does mean a large download. The shorter way is to close the game client entirely (including task bar), go into your LOTRO install file (only do this if you are comfortable doing this) and delete client_highres_aux_2.datx. Then, re-launch the launcher.

    I do not have an english Windows Operation System so things might be called different.

    Close the Lotro Launcher and make sure it isn't just minimized to task bar!

    1. Right click on the shortcut to the LotroLauncher on your Desktop
    2. choose the option below OPEN in the context menu (should be something like Open file path)
    3. sort the content in the folder that should have opened by date or search the name of the file client_highres_aux_2.datx by name (should be the latest or one of the latest files, about 34 MB)
    4. right click on that file and choose Delete from the context menu or left click it once and press DEL-Key on your keyboard to move it to the waste bin
    5. Double click on shortcut to relaunch the game

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,407
    If you were impacted by an issue on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning that is causing the following error message when trying to launch the game client:

    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data downloaded from the server.]

    There are two things you can do:

    1. A full Repair using the Options in the game launcher. This will be a large download.

    2. You can go into your game's install directory and delete only the following: client_highres_aux_2.datx

    So, close the launcher and remove from task bar if applicable, go into directory, delete the .datx, re-launch the launcher. It'll redownload the .datx in a smaller update and you should be fixed.

    Further help can be found at help.standingstonegames.com.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  5. #5
    Thanks everyone, I had since found this thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...PatchClientDLL

    and followed the advice therein to use the repair function, which took forever, but I'm now able to log in again. Hopefully, that will keep.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you were impacted by an issue on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning that is causing the following error message when trying to launch the game client:

    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data downloaded from the server.]

    There are two things you can do:

    1. A full Repair using the Options in the game launcher. This will be a large download.

    2. You can go into your game's install directory and delete only the following: client_highres_aux_2.datx

    So, close the launcher and remove from task bar if applicable, go into directory, delete the .datx, re-launch the launcher. It'll redownload the .datx in a smaller update and you should be fixed.

    Further help can be found at help.standingstonegames.com.

    Just for feedback: Tried this today, because I got the same error message, but unfortunately that didn't fix it.


    EDIT: I then tried to use the repair function from the launcher options. It said it would download around 24 GB, I confirmed and the launcher closed. Nothing else happened. Tried it again, same outcome. I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by Milila; Feb 04 2020 at 04:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Milila View Post
    Just for feedback: Tried this today, because I got the same error message, but unfortunately that didn't fix it.


    EDIT: I then tried to use the repair function from the launcher options. It said it would download around 24 GB, I confirmed and the launcher closed. Nothing else happened. Tried it again, same outcome. I'm at a loss.
    I'm also having this exact issue and have tried both options listed above.

  8. #8

    same problems

    I also have the same problems even after trying the different solutions.
    The next try will be a complete uninstallation and reinstallation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiertoller View Post
    I also have the same problems even after trying the different solutions.
    The next try will be a complete uninstallation and reinstallation.
    I think u gonna get the same result. Already tried... not working... frust. Wanna play this game guys. My country in Movement Control Order (MCO), so i really wanna play this game badly ... ( T o T )

    Help me to kill this boredom ... anyone!

  10. #10

    Same issues

    Same issues here. Just started on Friday with the last update. The fixes Cord suggested previously don't work.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    3,254
    I had this issue last year, and gave up and uninstalled the game. A few weeks ago I tried a fresh install. Same issue. Error message, launcher tries to re-download a bunch of files, error message again.

    At some point after the second fail, I got a random pop-up asking me if I wanted hi-res textures, and I clicked no, sort of by accident.

    After that, it installed quickly and successfully.

    I'm honestly not sure if I'm playing with hi-res textures or not now, but I have them chosen in settings, and it seems fine. Cord's post above does suggest it is an issue with the hi-res dat files.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baker, FL
    Posts
    3

    UGH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel View Post
    I had this issue last year, and gave up and uninstalled the game. A few weeks ago I tried a fresh install. Same issue. Error message, launcher tries to re-download a bunch of files, error message again.

    At some point after the second fail, I got a random pop-up asking me if I wanted hi-res textures, and I clicked no, sort of by accident.

    After that, it installed quickly and successfully.

    I'm honestly not sure if I'm playing with hi-res textures or not now, but I have them chosen in settings, and it seems fine. Cord's post above does suggest it is an issue with the hi-res dat files.
    I have unchecked hi-res, I have swapped between the 32 and 64 clients, I have deleted the dat files, I ran the repair tool, and I am currently doing this all for the fourth time. I just want to play my game

    EDIT: Final swap to 32 bit Client, hi-res game data is checked, FOURTH repair run on the launcher, and I finally got past the 60% failure. Now the launcher is applying 3295 forward iterations.... FINGERS CROSSED!
    Last edited by penguinkaitfer; Mar 28 2020 at 11:06 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinkaitfer View Post
    I have unchecked hi-res, I have swapped between the 32 and 64 clients, I have deleted the dat files, I ran the repair tool, and I am currently doing this all for the fourth time. I just want to play my game

    EDIT: Final swap to 32 bit Client, hi-res game data is checked, FOURTH repair run on the launcher, and I finally got past the 60% failure. Now the launcher is applying 3295 forward iterations.... FINGERS CROSSED!
    Hey, having the same problem here while trying to reactivate my old installation. Which is unfortunate, because I also got my wife to play for the Corona Times, but now it doesn't work for us.
    Did it work for you finally, and what exactly did you do?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload