We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Open World Housing

I would like to see some open world housing in the game, for example say you want to buy a house in the bree-field or in bree-town itself and many other areas etc, also maybe add house for rebuilding hytbold. basically idea is throughout the game world in places there will be doors on unknown buildings near farms, settlements, and in towns, so you can go to that, then click the door and option comes up to buy this or that house, each house would have many instances so more then one player can own the house, and you decorate the inside for living and have an extra house for storage or RP use and what not. i think it be a fun thing to add, also won't effect the game world much as its just door on a building to enter and tour a house, and maybe want to buy it? (also no yard, only inside as its open world). wonder what others thinks?
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Nov 08 2018 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Typos
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Black Desert Online has an interesting housing system that seems somewhat similar to what you describe - there you can invest investment points (don't know the english name to them) to a lot of houses in cities or at farms all around the map and choose how you want to use a special building. There is one option to use them for housing with many players sharing the same address.

Those points invested are gathered while doing quests and not some shop currency.

There are a lot of closed doors ingame in Lotro that could be used for housing like you described. But it would have to have an option to let other players into your house even if they own the same place.

I'd love to have Hytbold as housing instance though. Playing there with all the other players running back and forth destroys the immersion somewhat.

More options would be nice. But I wouldn't like all the open houses in the world so far to be used for something like that and therefore lose them.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    There are a lot of closed doors ingame in Lotro that could be used for housing like you described. But it would have to have an option to let other players into your house even if they own the same place.
    There could be options for that, cause some players like to show their house, but mainly was thinking you could only see who owns the house if they in your friends list and they have you as friend as well, but there would be option to open house to all, if you go to a door you would see a list of names of who owns the house and click one and enter, others who don't want this can simply make it anonymous and not show their house on the list.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I don't know if what you suggest could be implemented in the game now, but I would love it if they would implement seasons into the instanced neighborhoods we have now. They should correlate with the actual seasons in Europe (because Tolkien imagined Middle Earth as a prehistory of Europe). It would be so neat to be able to put the snowmen you can get at the Yule Fest into a snowy yard or the fall apple tree in a Fall yard. I think that SSG should only change the trees not on people's lots and the ground cover. Everything else should be the player's responsibility to change in their own yard, so if you want your snowmen to still be in your yard and SSG has the summer stuff in there, that's your business, I guess. Would also be neat to have a voting system for each neighborhood where people could leave 1! vote with the town crier in that neighborhood and whoever won would get an exclusive décor item from SSG to display in their yard or home.

The ancient, poorly coded servers can barely chug along as is, and you want to turn them into smoldering rubble by putting housing into the open world. Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    I don't know if what you suggest could be implemented in the game now,
    I'm sure it could, if they have many instances for housing neighborhoods (bree, shire etc) why not a smaller tiny instance that just only a house? Then again i don't know how that works to make an instance like this.