We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary server Crafting, best second choice after Explorer?

i am sincerely debating the duo box thing only for slower leveling while questing and crafting. I am thinking of rolling two burglars, because when i box i like to keep the classes the same, but to coincide with them i am currently thinking of Explorer and Weapon-smith. would this in fact cover all bases aside from jewelry? i am also looking at a light RP endeavor with the two burglars so the crafting is also or could be a background story too. Thanks for any info!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronstone View Post
    i am sincerely debating the duo box thing only for slower leveling while questing and crafting. I am thinking of rolling two burglars, because when i box i like to keep the classes the same, but to coincide with them i am currently thinking of Explorer and Weapon-smith. would this in fact cover all bases aside from jewelry? i am also looking at a light RP endeavor with the two burglars so the crafting is also or could be a background story too. Thanks for any info!!
    Let's look at this a bit. Explorer lets you collect and process hides, wood and metal and make medium armour. Armsman (I assume you mean this when you said Weaponsmith) would let you collect/process metal ore and craft metal and wood weapons. You have prospector twice here, and I don't think you need that.

Since clubs are the only wood weapons a burg can use, if you are prepared to give up being able to craft your own clubs, maybe Historian would be a better choice for the second toon. Historian has Farmer, Scholar and Weaponsmith (metal weapons). Farmer is a bit of a dead end unless you want to make clothing dyes (some Scholar dye recipes need ingredients from a Farmer). On the other hand, you gain Scholar which means you can craft potions, combat buffing scrolls, craft critting scrolls, and pocket items at higher levels. Weaponsmith in Historian still lets you craft daggers, maces and swords using metal collected/processed by your Explorer.

I'm not sure how well clothing dyes will sell on the AH these days, but in the past they were a steady seller, so you might be able to earn some income from dye crafting, plus crafting shards can drop while harvesting crops (similar rare drop rate as landscape resource nodes).

Explorer + Armsman gives you prospector twice, and woodworker in Armsman only offers you crafted clubs.
    Explorer + Historian drops crafted clubs but gains Scholar and still lets you make your own metal weapons. Farmer is a dead end in this combo unless you make dyes.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Explorer + Historian lets you pick up all the landscape nodes. Scholar products are certainly valuable and selling Scholar resources on AH will bring in gold, too.