We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy PatchClientDLLCheck DatFile failed download from server

Cannot Patch and log on...

PatchClientDLLCheck DatFile failed download from server

Update error occured when checking files
    Patch Client DLL: Check Dat Files Failed unable to decrypt and deserialize the data download from the server

Same problem

Having the same problem. Just started not sure what the problem is.

same here
    I am NOT lost, I am exploring!

Now I'm stuck on

Installing Pre-reqs

Me too. Me and my band members are stuck on installing Pre-reqs...

That's a me too from me. Had just jumped on a horse to Evendim and bang. None of the buttons on the client work either...

Quote Originally Posted by Aringone View Post
    None of the buttons on the client work either...
    same here

same

Unhappy

Any word on a fix?

I have the same problem too. Is there any solution for it?

Same problem for me. Weirdly, login was possible about 3 hours ago.

There's a longer and shorter way to correct this issue for you. The longer way is to use the Repair option in the launcher, but that does mean a large download. The shorter way is to close the game client entirely (including task bar), go into your LOTRO install file (only do this if you are comfortable doing this) and delete client_highres_aux_2.datx. Then, re-launch the launcher.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There's a longer and shorter way to correct this issue for you. The longer way is to use the Repair option in the launcher, but that does mean a large download. The shorter way is to close the game client entirely (including task bar), go into your LOTRO install file (only do this if you are comfortable doing this) and delete client_highres_aux_2.datx. Then, re-launch the launcher.
    Tried the second shorter way, it works. Thank you!

Why dont you post this on the infobox?
    I started the repair because I did not know it!

Same problem here.

So why did this happen all of a sudden?

Looks like it is affecting quite a few people. I was hoping to start on the new
    Legendary Server today.

Is there another way to fix this?

8(

This happened to me last night. I couldn't figure out where to find the files to delete so I had to do the repair. Took a few hours but I was just glad it worked for me.

Is there a way to undo the repair?

The shorter method worked! Thanks!!!

Not working

Neither of the solutions, repair or delete the file mentioned works. Still getting the same error for the past 8 hours. Would appriciate any further help, already reinstalled twice, same deal.