We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Support wanted: Research work MMORPG

Dear players,
    my name is Eva Krebs, alias Researchia and I study social work and research at the FH Münster, Germany. As part of my master's thesis, I explore the motivation to play MMORPGs and their appeal to players. This research is not contract research and is unrelated to the operators of the games or forums. You would be very helpful, if you would take a few minutes and answer a questionnaire. The questionnaire is anonymous and answering the questions does not allow any conclusions about your person.

You can take part in the survey until 20.11.2018.

Here is the link to the survey: https://www.soscisurvey.de/MMORPG2018/

Thank you very much for your help!

Your Researchia

Quote Originally Posted by KrabbyVanyar View Post
    Dear players,
    my name is Eva Krebs, alias Researchia and I study social work and research at the FH Münster, Germany. As part of my master's thesis, I explore the motivation to play MMORPGs and their appeal to players. This research is not contract research and is unrelated to the operators of the games or forums. You would be very helpful, if you would take a few minutes and answer a questionnaire. The questionnaire is anonymous and answering the questions does not allow any conclusions about your person.

You can take part in the survey until 20.11.2018.

Here is the link to the survey: https://www.soscisurvey.de/MMORPG2018/

Thank you very much for your help!

Your Researchia
    Hi

I wanted to help you but question 12 (I think) had an error. Paraphrased it was about how many people in my household apart from me played the game. "0" was not an acceptable answer.(The question was also very badly phrased).

Additionally, I think you forgot an option in quite a few places: "Does not wish to say". Questions of a very personal nature shouldn't be mandatory if you want answers.

Hello,
    Question 12 should now also be answered correctly with 0.
    Questions that you do not want to answer can be skipped.
    This is only not possible for the first question.

Hello,
    Question 12 should now also be answered correctly with 0.
    Questions that you do not want to answer can be skipped.
    This is only not possible for the first question.
    And done. Hope you get lots of completed questionares for your thesis!

Will you post the results here? I just took part in the survey and am curious about the results
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Thank you for helping me! Anyone who would like to have an evaluation after grading (early next year) can tell me at studium@eva-krebs.de and then I will sent it separately. The work is initially written in German, for the English-speaking interested parties, there may be a, hopefully reasonably good, translated version.

Thank you for helping me! Anyone who would like to have an evaluation after grading (early next year) can tell me at studium@eva-krebs.de and then I will sent it separately. The work is initially written in German, for the English-speaking interested parties, there may be a, hopefully reasonably good, translated version.
    I suggest also trying on Reddit if you didn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I suggest also trying on Reddit if you didn't already.

Unfortunately, I do not know exactly what Reddit is. You mean to ask for support for my research? Or to get a good translation?

Unfortunately, I do not know exactly what Reddit is. You mean to ask for support for my research? Or to get a good translation?
    I suspect he meant to reach a wider audience.

Reddit is a huge community with message boards for all sorts of topics, one of which is https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/ with over 17.000 subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorietta View Post
    I suspect he meant to reach a wider audience.

Reddit is a huge community with message boards for all sorts of topics, one of which is https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/ with over 17.000 subscribers.
    Thank you, I'll take a look and maybe will try it this way.

Took the survey - left question 24 blank...

My characters are a mix of genders that are not a reflection of myself at all, I create them to be their own entity.

Done! I chose different gender, but I actually have different characters, some male and some female.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Umpbear View Post
    Took the survey - left question 24 blank...

My characters are a mix of genders that are not a reflection of myself at all, I create them to be their own entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Done! I chose different gender, but I actually have different characters, some male and some female.
    This is not a problem, not every question is asked in such a way that it can always be answered appropriately. Thank you for your support!