We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Upcoming Instances - Keep this Trend Going?

One of my biggest peeves in this game has been that some of the story is locked up in raid and 3-6 mans. As a solo player this means I HAVE to raid to see the story or wait until the level cap raises high enough for me to solo. (I'm only JUST able to solo Barad Guldur now).

BUT with the most recent instances a solo option has been given. So I am officially begging: PLEASE DO NOT STOP! Keep this trend going! I don't care that the rewards are FAR less for these solo versions, I care about seeing the story, and without having to deal with a bunch of extraverts who derive energy from social interaction where I derive nothing but exhaustion and have literally 0 fun. Doing this means the devs are finally including us solo players in on what we care about: the game. Please let Thikil Gundu be the beginning: Not the end.

PS: I have nothing against extraverts, I just don't happen to be one. I meant no offense in what I've said here, please take none.
    120% of Americans are bad at math, that's like... almost a majority! -Brian Regean

Quote Originally Posted by Solumbra View Post
    One of my biggest peeves in this game has been that some of the story is locked up in raid and 3-6 mans. As a solo player this means I HAVE to raid to see the story or wait until the level cap raises high enough for me to solo. (I'm only JUST able to solo Barad Guldur now).

BUT with the most recent instances a solo option has been given. So I am officially begging: PLEASE DO NOT STOP! Keep this trend going! I don't care that the rewards are FAR less for these solo versions, I care about seeing the story, and without having to deal with a bunch of extraverts who derive energy from social interaction where I derive nothing but exhaustion and have literally 0 fun. Doing this means the devs are finally including us solo players in on what we care about: the game. Please let Thikil Gundu be the beginning: Not the end.

PS: I have nothing against extraverts, I just don't happen to be one. I meant no offense in what I've said here, please take none.
    Very much agreed - I’m a player with much less time than I used to have, and as such waiting for groups to be able to experience content like 6 mans and raids is often not feasible. Solo versions have allowed me to experience the story, and I really hope this continues with the raid too - I don’t mind if there are no rewards and if there are no mechanics in the solo version - I just want to experience the story. Perhaps when I do find the time, I’ll the run it as intended!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

You could always watch a Youtube video of the run if you just want to see the story unfold. But I do agree a solo version is nice. It may have been better to make it a skirmish since that was the whole point of introducing skirmishes... so you could go through important story moments in the group size of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    You could always watch a Youtube video of the run if you just want to see the story unfold. But I do agree a solo version is nice. It may have been better to make it a skirmish since that was the whole point of introducing skirmishes... so you could go through important story moments in the group size of your choice.
    I have done that in the past, although for Throne (for example), the person doing the video was more interested in the loot than turning towards the story events!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I have done that in the past, although for Throne (for example), the person doing the video was more interested in the loot than turning towards the story events!
    I was madly curious about that instance, until I found out that (contrary to what I'd thought) we do not see the end of Gothmog in that instance.

I want to see that poor [euphemism] defeated once and for all. Golodir having gone to his reward, it's possible now.

All in Eru's and MoL's good time, I guess.,
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Lightbulb

I agree that having some kind of soldier system that makes it possible to solo instances is a nice idea. Other MMO RPG's have had that for years.

I don't think rewards should be totally NERFed, nor some rewards different or totally removed. They should yield fewer, fine, but still yield rewards of the same currency. That way a solo player can still eventually barter for the same items as everyone else, albeit slower, but not totally locked out of those rewards.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Nov 11 2018 at 12:08 PM.

Also in agreement. I'm not a hardcore introvert, but my gaming time is not always exclusive gaming time. I end up having to step away from the machine to make sure dinner isn't burning, the laundry switches machines, the cat isn't destroying something, and so forth. Being able to enjoy the story at my own pace is a godsend, and I am usually good about parking my character safely out of the way... darnit, why is that elk beating the cr@p out of me?
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"