We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

VIP and expansoins - How do I have 100% full access to this game?

I just purchased a VIP subscription.

I want full 100% access to everything this game offers.

Do I need to buy this as well: Mordor™ Ultimate Fan Bundle

Or does VIP already give me everything.

If I do need to buy an expansion, do I need to buy every single expansion or do they have a badboy expansion with everything all in one?

Just need a little newbie guidance to get me started.

Thank you

If you want everything, you need:
    Quad pack (Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan)
    Helm's Deep
    Mordor. No need for Ultimate, a basic regular is fine.
    VIP opens all content that is not part of one of expacs. Plus a bunch of other perks. However, even with VIP, there are a lot of convenience/quality of life features that need to be bought at store.

FYI on Black Friday they often sell the expansion quad-pack for $10 in their cash store, and Helms Deep for $10 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    FYI on Black Friday they often sell the expansion quad-pack for $10 in their cash store, and Helms Deep for $10 as well.
    This. If you can wait about 2 weeks, you might be able to get a bunch of expansions for dirt cheap! Depending on what the sale is, I MIGHT even buy Mordor for my second account! I loaded it up with the Quad Pack and Helms Deep about 2 years ago or so on Black Friday, and I was out no more than $22.50 if I remember correctly, I think I even added Mirkwood.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    If you want everything, you need:
    Mordor. No need for Ultimate, a basic regular is fine.
    If he really wants "full 100% access to everything this game offers" he needs Ultimate to get the exclusive cosmetics, mount, title, etc.

"Basic regular" also won't give him High Elfs.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rimvor View Post

If I do need to buy an expansion, do I need to buy every single expansion or do they have a badboy expansion with everything all in one?

Thank you
    yes you need to buy everyexpansion the most expensive always, yes you need to buy the ultimate for mordor
    but beware ! you still you have not everything!
    you still have to buy keys for the lootboxes n many other things.........
    yes i know it sucks!
    i hope you have deep pockets coz those dwarves r really digging deep!
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Define "everything"?

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    yes you need to buy everyexpansion the most expensive always, yes you need to buy the ultimate for mordor
    but beware ! you still you have not everything!
    you still have to buy keys for the lootboxes n many other things.........
    yes i know it sucks!
    i hope you have deep pockets coz those dwarves r really digging deep!
    What? You don't need Ultimate and you don't need lockboxes. Still, I agree this game is very good at annoying you in to spending money.

If we define "everything" as "all quests/instances", then it's currently $120 + sub for all expansions + all non-expansion lands + all skirmishes.
    There should be a big sale on expansions this week.

It's long past time for a new quad pack, though. $120 + sub is ridiculous for new players. Not counting sales, let's compare the cost to get all content:
    FFXIV: $60 + sub
    WoW: $50 + sub
    GW2: $50 + $30 (for Living World 2 and 3)
    RIFT: $0 (for all content. $40 for all subclasses)
    Last edited by Nakiami; Nov 18 2018 at 10:58 AM.
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

Thank you
    Visit the WIKI: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Account_Types

All VIP players need to purchase the six expansions, no quest packs are necessary.

There are 4 in 1 -- the Quad Pack.
    The last 2 expansions are individual purchases - Helm's Deep and Mordor.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Hello guys,
    I tried LOTRO back on release but I didn't stay for more than 2 months because my friends were playing a different game.
    I wanted to come back for legendary servers and I looked at the LOTRO Market... It looks horrendous. It's impossible to understand what should I buy to have all of the content.
    Then I found this topic and I'm quite surprised that LOTRO requires you to pay like 3 times more compared to a game like Elder scrolls online(you need the last expansion+sub so you can have absolutely everything ig). I know that nobody is forcing me to play but...

Quote Originally Posted by Gipo View Post
    Hello guys,
    I tried LOTRO back on release but I didn't stay for more than 2 months because my friends were playing a different game.
    I wanted to come back for legendary servers and I looked at the LOTRO Market... It looks horrendous. It's impossible to understand what should I buy to have all of the content.
    Then I found this topic and I'm quite surprised that LOTRO requires you to pay like 3 times more compared to a game like Elder scrolls online(you need the last expansion+sub so you can have absolutely everything ig). I know that nobody is forcing me to play but...

Lotro has been around for a longer time than ESO so there are more expansions since 2007.

Before the transition to SSG there were more sales in the market (from my memory which might be wrong) so with a little patience you could get them all for far less than some expansions in other games.

The regular prices in the Market are out of proportion imho. The quad pack should be upgraded to include Helm's Deep at the least.

But I guess that SSG has to pay Digital River for the service.

If you just play on the legendary servers you don't need any expansion until Moria is opened - just a Sub.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Lotro has been around for a longer time than ESO so there are more expansions since 2007.
    Yeah but it's the same with WoW for example. And wow is older than LOTRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    If you just play on the legendary servers you don't need any expansion until Moria is opened - just a Sub.
    Thank you, this sounds good

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Gipo View Post
    ... Thank you, this sounds good
    LOL beware! There is a catch. You want everything but at the new "legendary" servers you don't need other that subscription now, because you will not be able to do anything pass level 50. So you will not be able to unlock everything for months while at the original servers, all that is already available to unlock, use & play all the way to level 120.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~