We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Glowy Minstrel Hands - A Suggestiwish!

Can we please have the OPTION to turn them on and off as we please? I know some people like it and some people don't that's why I think this should be an optional effect. Maybe a cheap tome we can buy as soon as were able to get to a trainer.
    Last edited by KitsuneGirl; Nov 06 2018 at 02:19 PM.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneGirl View Post
    Can we please have the OPTION to them on and off as we please? I know some people like it and some people don't that's why I think this should be an optional effect. Maybe a cheap tome we can buy as soon as were able to get to a trainer.
    The original reason for the glowy hands in Dissonance stance (formerly War-speech) was to warn the Minstrel's opponents in PvMP that s/he was in full battle mode.

I never could see the point of it myself; but then I don't PvP, and if I ever did, I would not play one of the bad guys.

What's silly is when the Minstrel in Dissonance is fishing. The glow goes onto the fish until you get it into the creel.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

I second this suggestion. I have never liked the glowie hands, and would very much welcome the option to not see them.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    What's silly is when the Minstrel in Dissonance is fishing. The glow goes onto the fish until you get it into the creel.
    But that's my favorite part.
    Don't tell me hobbits can't use Ceaseless Argument. I've met Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    The original reason for the glowy hands in Dissonance stance (formerly War-speech) was to warn the Minstrel's opponents in PvMP that s/he was in full battle mode.
    I've never heard such a reason and I doubt it's true. Hands were glowing long time before PvMP was added to the game. Besides, why Minstrel should be special and warn his oponents while other classes do not? Why do you need it in the first place? My guess it's a just a visual effect that developers believed to be cool. And many people liked and still like it. Glowing was removed once (my happy time!), but the outrage of community was tremendous and they brought it back.

I agree with Kitsune- give us options.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    I've never heard such a reason and I doubt it's true. Hands were glowing long time before PvMP was added to the game.
    Uh, no. PvMP was part of the game at launch, although I don't suppose there was much of it until enough players reached level 10, which *used* to be the minimum level to do it.

There used to be a portal to the Moors in the scungy part of Bree. You still had to be level 10 to use it. ... I just took an alt down to investigate; it isn't there any more. Whether the level-10 limit still holds, I have no idea.

Besides, why Minstrel should be special and warn his opponents while other classes do not?
    Damned if I know. That was the reason given: that creep players wanted to know what they were up against.

Why do you need it in the first place?
    Another thing I don't know. Apparently creep players had complained that they couldn't tell if a Minstrel was in War-speech or not, so the glowy-hands signal was added.

I think it's silly, but as I said upthread, I don't PvMP, and if I did I wouldn't play a creep. I am firmly on the side of Order, Law, and Virtue. Yeah, dull and boring; I know.

My guess it's a just a visual effect that developers believed to be cool. And many people liked and still like it. Glowing was removed once (my happy time!), but the outrage of community was tremendous and they brought it back.

I agree with Kitsune- give us options.
    I too would be happy to turn the glowiness off. I have three Minstrels, and they spend their time crafting, or soloing, or sometimes duoing with one of my husband's Hunters, who don't need heals from me; so they're essentially in Dissonance all the time, and it does look silly.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

I love the glowy hands! But I would welcome an easy-to-reach button to turn it ON and OFF once in a while for screenshot-while-adventuring-reasons It would help when taking screenshots while fighting bosses without risking my character's life while switching stances
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

I think they're cool, and set minis apart from other classes. Not hard to change stances really fast for screenshots or rp or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Pelind View Post
    I think they're cool, and set minis apart from other classes. Not hard to change stances really fast for screenshots or rp or w/e
    That's why I suggested it as an option, that way you can have it on, and I can have it off. And you don't have to be with out your glowy hands.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

I agree I find them incredibly distracting and they don't really... go with the feel of the game, to me.
    || Winterlok ||
    || Cloverlily - Minstrel | Cyrsi - Rune-Keeper | Nyin - Lore-Master | Pippadora - Burglar ||

/signed from me. I like to play as realistically as possible and having my little Hobbit lass running around with glowy hands kinda ruins it for me. and yes, I know I could change her Stance, but who wants to be doing that all the time?

being new to the minstrel, i like the glow hands. i do see the other side however. it would be nice to be able to switch that feature of the stance off.

either way, i'm good.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.