We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Premium to 120 with just landscape?

It had always been possible to get to the next cap just doing the landscape quests. However, I've finished my first toon's quests except for the Weathered Heath. He's not yet 119. It doesn't look like just doing landscape works anymore.

Any other Premiums/F2P do it? Don't want to hear from lifers and subscriptions talking about blue bar and accelerators, I'm talking about just questing.

This is a known problem with the last quest pack ('expansion'). It's either dailies or festivals. The latter give a lot of xp per quest.

I am a premium player. Didn't start with Felegoth quests until cap went from 115 to 120. Got almost a level from Harvestmath quests.
    Early in 118 now, doing Erebor quests.
    Farm as if there is no tomorrow, cook as if there is no health inspection!

When in game, no thoughts of the forums, when on the forums, the game fades. The former is preferable.

I would suggest a run or two of Thikil-Guldul. It gives ~2.2 million XP per run. You can run it on L120 and the NPCs still do most of the work.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Happybudgy View Post
    This is a known problem with the last quest pack ('expansion'). It's either dailies or festivals. The latter give a lot of xp per quest.

I am a premium player. Didn't start with Felegoth quests until cap went from 115 to 120. Got almost a level from Harvestmath quests.
    Early in 118 now, doing Erebor quests.
    Thanks for the info. I hate Harvestmath. Did enough this year to finally finish the map collection for the easy LP on my toons. I'll wait for Frostbluff to worry about that stuff.

In the meantime, I guess it's Glimmerdeep and some of the newer instance, maybe some, gasp!, skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I hate Harvestmath. Did enough this year to finally finish the map collection for the easy LP on my toons. I'll wait for Frostbluff to worry about that stuff.

In the meantime, I guess it's Glimmerdeep and some of the newer instance, maybe some, gasp!, skirmishes.
    Enjoy! There is almost always a solution to a problem.
    Farm as if there is no tomorrow, cook as if there is no health inspection!

When in game, no thoughts of the forums, when on the forums, the game fades. The former is preferable.

It has happened before (I recall it in Dol Amroth when the cap went from 95 to 100).

A contributing factor relates to my pet peeve that the level cap stops your XP at the beginning of the level instead of at the end. If you were previously capped at 115.0, you would need almost 5 million more XP to reach 120 than if you had been stopped at 115.999. A player who hadn't reached 115 before the cap was raised to 120 would have no trouble reaching 120 because of the amount of 115 content. Most players end up over level when not constrained by the cap.

When the cap goes up by only 5, that whole level of XP that wasn't counted is significant. I assume the quest XP is calculated for the long run, not just for the first days.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval www.shadowbanekinship.com

Yup, so finally got up to Wuthering Heights (sorry, can't call it anything else...) and finished the quests there. Almost got me to 119 and the task items for the day put me over.

Sheesh...

Thanks for all the info folks.