We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Difficulty on Legendary Server?

Thinking about coming back after many years away to check out the new server. I played for a little bit early this year but didn't stay long at all just a couple of days. The game just seemed so easy when I last played it, it seemed like you could solo about 5 mobs at low levels without a problem.

I am wondering if the difficulty will be ratcheted up a bit or how it will work with so many people in the same zone being able to tear through mobs so fast.

I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how that part is going to work. If everyone is a solo monster, how will there be enough mobs for everyone?

Thanks much.

Well it's suppose to be the same game as now, just with the level cap's and content being spread out in 4? month chuck's, so if you've found it easy on your low level character you probably still will.

As to pop vs mob numbers, I'd say that just as at the start; way back when, you'll either have to group up to take out targets / bosses or wait in line for your turn.

There's been no talk of it being made harder, although that has been suggested in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke68 View Post
    Thinking about coming back after many years away to check out the new server. I played for a little bit early this year but didn't stay long at all just a couple of days. The game just seemed so easy when I last played it, it seemed like you could solo about 5 mobs at low levels without a problem.

I am wondering if the difficulty will be ratcheted up a bit or how it will work with so many people in the same zone being able to tear through mobs so fast.

I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how that part is going to work. If everyone is a solo monster, how will there be enough mobs for everyone?

Thanks much.

Much of the work that Standing Stone has been doing this year seems to have been geared to making the low-level content more challenging in a way that would appeal to the new players on the legendary server.

Update 23.0 came with changes that increased the difficulty from levels 1 through 30. (My guardian was actually defeated by three goblins. I was shocked.)

The most recent update looked to add some challenge in the Level 40 to 50 range (e.g., Angmar).

Vestin has said that he will be making further adjustments to the Level 50 to 80 range, as they are still very easy.

There have been indications that, while Standing Stone does not want the landscape to be too dangerous (they need casual players as well as serious players), they will be working to increase the difficulty of elite and higher ranking mobs, as well as making the instances more difficult.

It is my guess that the Legendary Server update will come with changes that will turn the Level 50 instances into proper end-game style content.

Nebless is right that this is supposed to be the same game on all servers - except that the legendary server will have a level cap. Consequently, making the Level 50 instances into proper end-game style content (for level 50 characters) should carry over onto the existing servers - the way the other lower-level changes have done. Unfortunately, attempts to balance play in one level range has produced unforeseen effects at other level ranges. There have been rough patches as they have tried to smooth out the progression across all levels.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group just starting Volume II, as we begin our adventures in Moria to help the dwarfs reclaim the mine from the orcs (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

I hope end-game dungeon difficulty is bumped up a bit. The leveling stuff would be nice, but I know resources are limited so I'd rather focus on a couple changes rather than wishing for everything.

I am the OP accidentally logged in under what must have been an ancient DDO account. Downloaded the game yesterday and got some optimization done. Need to pick a class and all that good stuff now. Was looking at kins etc. Unfortunately for the timing, I am going out of town next weekend for a long weekend lol.

Wondering if there are any kins in the works that want to try to make this experience more challenging or authentic. I have read that there are kins on the other servers that use a stone to slow their progression. On P99 a private EQ server, there is a guild that doesn't allow any twinking which is rampant on that server. All members only use items that they could realistically obtain at their level, making the game much more challenging.

I'm not familiar enough with the game mechanics, having been away for so long, but is there a way to do something like that in this game? And if so would there be enough interest in something like that to actually form a kin? Could anyone suggest self-imposed limitations to achieve that goal? (Things like only using items of a certain quality or lower, not investing in trait tree etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimegamer View Post
    Wondering if there are any kins in the works that want to try to make this experience more challenging or authentic. I have read that there are kins on the other servers that use a stone to slow their progression. On P99 a private EQ server, there is a guild that doesn't allow any twinking which is rampant on that server. All members only use items that they could realistically obtain at their level, making the game much more challenging.

I'm not familiar enough with the game mechanics, having been away for so long, but is there a way to do something like that in this game? And if so would there be enough interest in something like that to actually form a kin? Could anyone suggest self-imposed limitations to achieve that goal? (Things like only using items of a certain quality or lower, not investing in trait tree etc.)
    Sounds like the Legendary server will be the right place to start since these won't be same server alt's, but will be new fresh characters without access to anything passed down from older characters. They will have access to items from the store so once it's up and running I'm sure it will get a server forum here with the others so I'd post your request / question their in either their general or guild section and see what the interest is.

I would like to have this game but unfortunately, do not have this. I am looking forward to having. It is more interesting to have a certain level or task that need to be analytically solved in the video game which makes it more enjoyable. I would like to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyBrooks View Post
    I would like to have this game but unfortunately, do not have this. I am looking forward to having. It is more interesting to have a certain level or task that need to be analytically solved in the video game which makes it more enjoyable. I would like to play this game.
    Then you should download the game and play.
    It has a free option.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes