We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Erebor instances deeds

I'm a completionist still lacking some Erebor instances (raids) deeds. Recently I've read in U23.1 patch notes:
    The deeds and vendors for Erebor cluster gear no longer require cap level completion of the instances to complete the deeds and unlock the vendors. The minimum level is still 85, however.

Now I'm not sure what that exactly means (I'm not native). Does that mean we can clear our deed log by doing Erebor raids t2 at lvl85 and fulfill challenge requirements (like using all 6 flags in BfE)?
    Or that means it only works for lvl85 (with cap at lvl95!) Erebor gear?
    I've noted that some deeds in that tab got reset on my main in deed log (like I did BfE t2 back at lvl85 and now it's not finished, whereas Smaug raid which I did t2c stays finished both t2 and t2c).
    These are oldest deeds still unfinished in my deed log and I was hoping they will be now at last doable. No way to convince 11 people from raiding kin to do these raids t2c at lvl cap (not to mention there is no raiding kin left on my server)...
    Anyone actually tried if any Erebor instance at lvl85 counts for unfinished deed in deed log?
    Of course best would be if Cordovan or dev who made that change could explain how it works...
    Last edited by marmi; Nov 04 2018 at 01:04 PM.

I'm pretty sure you only need to complete the raid on T1 to be able to barter those items. Or some might require T2. But until recently, you HAD to complete it at cap level. So no way for level 85 players to get access to them, unless you get carried by a raid full of 120s.

Now, I'm not sure if the situation is:

1) You can run the raid at 85 or higher and unlock the items.
    2) You can run the raid at any level (even 20) and unlock the items, but your character has to be level 85 to use them.

I would try running each one at 20 and see if you can barter them. Should be soloable for anyone, unless the scaling is all messed up, which is quite possible. The challenge only is available at level cap so you'd have to run 120 T2C to complete those deeds.

I don't really care for bartering gear since I don't have a character in this (85-95) level range. For the record Greater Erebor gear require completing T2 (at least it used to).
    I care about deed log. My question is will completing raids t2 at level 85 clear (complete) deed log or not. I know normally challenge is available only at cap, but due to wording of patch notes I'm curious if they allowed now to complete challenge (for deed log) at lvl 85, another example is to kill 80+ enemies in Flight T2. Again, I'm not native so maybe that sentence is clear and I just don't understand it correctly but I asked fellow Australian and he wasn't sure either.
    If someone could confirm it will I could start bribing some top level players to do it with me, otherwise not worth the effort...

People had complained about not being able to barter that gear at level 85 for a while now, mostly for cosmetic use but also there was a hunter set bonus folks wanted IIRC. That's what the fix was aimed at. As far as the deed goes, I don't know. I would guess T1 and T2 deeds can be completed at lower levels but challenge will require level cap as always. There have never been challenges in scaling instances below level cap before. But try opening the instance at level 85 on T2 and see if you get the challenge quest.

Yes, I know everything that. Thank you for trying to help, at least it keeps this thread near top of the list
    Challenge quest do not bestow in Erebor raids below lvl cap, but I'd imagine you could just fulfil it's requirements at lvl85 if it works now differently than every other instance cluster.
    In BfE you just take all 6 flags, in Flight you have to kill 80 mobs (therefore you trigger next wave more often than every 2 min) and Smaug I don't remember but don't care either since I did that one t2c at 85.
    Since no one from SSG answered sadly I'm asking if it's wording is clear to native speakers. Or it could be understand in two ways (that it works only for gear vendor or it clears your deed log too).
    In second case I insist on blue name for explanation.