We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    4, Fairwood Lane - Nan-E-Faer (Falathlorn Laurelin)

An Update Error Occurred (Patch 23.1.3)

Hello,
    this morning I started the launcher to play the game, knowing it should patch for the latest 23.1.3.
    Launcher patched previous releases with no problems.

After some try, i used the "repair button" to re-download whole dat files, but the problem is still here.
    My installation is a very old one, since 2007, and, from codemaster to ssg, I never had any problems with the game (apart from some old game crash with previous gfx cards)

Here is what happens:

My rig specs:
    Windows 7
    Core I7
    16 GB RAM
    512 GB SSD Samsung 860 PRO
    Radeon RX 580 8 GB VRAM

I don't know how to send tickets outside of the game.

I hope someone can help me.

I'm having a very similar issue, and it's always on parts of client_sound.dat. Last night I deleted the client_sound.dat file, tried to repair the installation, and ran the launcher again. This got me through the first piece of it I was having problems with, but now it's dying on the part client_sound.dat-39944 and I really don't want to try the same process again. Deleting client_sound.dat would mean having to start over with the various parts, and it took forever to get to the 39944 part where it's crapping out. Not really sure that I want to keep bothering to try and update...

After a whole day trying to go over this problem, following the suggestions from this (now stycky) old thread:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?558443-Update-15-An-update-error-occurred-Unknown-error-0xffffffff80043012

I also tried to do a clean installation, downloading lotrolive.exe from the official site and installing into a new folder, but nothing changed: after downloading everything, it stops at the same point.
    So much wasted time.

And there is no way to open a ticket...

Well, maybe it's time for me to cancel my yearly subscription, after so many years...

For help requests out of game you need to go here - https://help.standingstonegames.com/...ntact-support- - and hit that Contact Support button.

Thank you very much for this info, I'll check it out.

After last update, with the announcement from ssg that launcher error should have been resolved, the game, after re-downloading whole game, patched with no errors.

Just a side note: the new installation (that I removed after the successful patch) still got the error, while my original installation went thru the process with no problems.

Thanks SSG.