We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Grey Wrack - how to progress?

I'm not able to progress the quest, The Grey Wrack. The instructions are to "Scale the ruins of Stanbalk, the Stone Wall", and there is a "look" emote. I've never found where to stand for the look emote to progress the quest, and have been all over the Grey Wrack (including the instance).

Suggestions?

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola

You need to be at the gate. From the outside, go inside the gate, take a right and climb the stairs to get on top of the gate, follow until you get the quest text to look.

Hey

I did this quest the other day and from what I remember the quest sequence is
    - meet Dori on the road and he sends you to climb the wall. You climb the steps to the right of the entrance inside the wall - head along to the end of the wall and use the 'look' emote. You are now sent back to Dori outside the wall and after you speak to him you will auto-travel back up to the top of the wall, where Dori and his company have now set up camp.

Dori sends you to find a missing dwarf in the Grey wrack and after you locate him, you must fight all the way to the very top where you will find Nori's axe outside the entrance to Thikil-Gundu. You return to Dori on the wall and then he asks you to complete the Thiki instance.

You mention that you have been in the instance already? I am pretty sure this only becomes available to you after you complete the quest chain so something is wrong there.

Thank you all. I am still stuck on this quest.

When I reach the stairs, using "/look" does not advance the quest, and the quest arrow points back behind me. I'm trying this more, without sucess.

Fantastic! So the trick is to be ON the wall. Which includes finding a Frozen Page. Nice.

I attempted this tonight. The first time I had not turned in 'Beneath Watchful Eyes' and decided to go exploring. I ended up fighting my way through Dwarfs and Fell Spirits until I found the entrance to Thikil-Gundu. The Instance was unlocked and it brought up the Instance Finder and wanted to let me start the Instance Solo. I went back to turn in 'Beneath...' and picked up 'The Grey Wrack'. I got to the wall and got the text stating it was Stanbalk. I went left and tried to scale the wall, no luck. I never went right. I marched up again, this time avoiding as many of the Dwarfs as possible. Got to the top, saw the Axe, but it obviously was untouchable. Ported back to Skarnald to turn in Tasks and sell off a ton of drops. Tomorrow I will proceed right.

Note that the same thing occurred with Glimmerdeep. I initially just ran up to the entrance and it unlocked the Instance without being on the Quest.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Yeah once you pass under that arch, there are stairs to your right which are kinda easy to miss, they lead to the top of the wall.