We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

We cannot get out - need HELP

This is a epic quest in Moria ( Vol. II. Book 3 ) which is so frustrating. I just cant pass this quest.
    It's just so difficult to kill Mazog , i've tried so many times and it doesn't work.

I just can't skip this quest so i need to complete this , because I'm gonna miss so much content and story in Moria. I really need HELP.

Can someone tell me how to do is ?
    I really want to pass this quest. I never had such a issue in this game.

My problem is at the last chamber, I kill all the orcs. Then mazog comes with his 2 orcs, I go to the hallway to only attract the 2 orcs.
    This goes well , I always kill them. Then I confront Mazog , but he is so strong I just can't defeat him.

Any help is really appreciated, I'm so disappointed that I can't continue.
    I HATE THIS QUEST

I can't help you with the quest, don't remember how to kill the guy or doing it :-) But maybe if you list your server someone from there will be able to help you? Just an idea

No. Because it's a solo instanced thing^^ Noone can go with him. And curiously, someone on our server was complaining about that a day ago...He said he's bein trying like hours, and no way...Also, no one recalled,beside it was a bit tricky, that it was un do able.Looks like mobs in epic lines have gotten a big halloween boost

BUT!: It's in the senario, you CANT kill Mazog, you just have to HOLD ON, as long as y can, than in a little time, as the dwarf is dying, it will grant you with succes.

Quote Originally Posted by sinan_bjk28 View Post
    My problem is at the last chamber, I kill all the orcs. Then mazog comes with his 2 orcs, I go to the hallway to only attract the 2 orcs.
    This goes well , I always kill them. Then I confront Mazog , but he is so strong I just can't defeat him.

Any help is really appreciated, I'm so disappointed that I can't continue.
    I HATE THIS QUEST
    As far as I recall the quest ends - by design - in ignominious defeat inside the chamber. You just have to survive long enough.
    Possibly by going into the hallway the ending doesn't trigger properly? Worth a try at least to sty in the chamber.

As was stated you cant kill Mazog. The secret is to run around the chamber when its just you and him. All you need to do is stay alive for a certain time. If he cant catch you he cant kill you

It was a lot harder a year or two ago when some bug meant you could not heal yourself.

As above.

Just be aware there are several other instances where this happens; you just have to stay alive long enough. As far as I can recall, they are all in Moria as well; either as you quest your way through, or when you get sent back from Lothlorien to complete some quest chains.

There is/was one instance down in the deeps where you could win an early encounter either way - by killing the extremely powerful demon tag-team, or by living long enough - just dont fall into one of the holes that open in the floor.

I think it was only my RK and LM who were able to kill them, and the Hunter was the one I had the most issues surviving with. Guardian and Minstrel heals made survival quite easy.

My strategy for the end of this session play is to just stay at the tomb after you're sent there to finish the book. Only move forward if attacked by ranged mobs before all the dwarves die and then move back. When Mazog appears attack him, pop your buffs and just keep swinging until the session concludes. You may have to switch targets as at some point Mazog goes green if I remember correctly. The knock-back horn skill is handy for a little respite. This worked the last time I did this a few weeks ago.

No idea if recent changes to stats, etc. have changed this though, which is possible. Strange things are afoot.

Thanks for all the responses.

I know that I need to survive , but first Mazog's morale must go lower than 15k. This is my problem , that I just can't lower his morale below 15k.
    He is just so strong that if I fight him his morale is nearly 25k and then I just can't hold him and die.
    I tried so many times, I even found a trick to lure the 2 orcs. So at the end there is only me and Mazog just 1vs1. But I always die.
    This is just really frustrating , I am stuck at the epic quests. I need to complete this quest

is your level (damage) to high?
    so you do more damage as planed and skip some moralpoints of the enemy?
    That happen in the shire in some quests (frog mother e.g.)