We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbun View Post
    It sort of points to IP address (especially as Laurelinarien seemed to be ok via VPN) - I wonder if this is a glitch caused by the VIP check? But why would it only affect certain areas?
    The sub status is something I'm considering too. I paid for 3 months when the U23 came out, but as I always do, I cancel the renewal shortly after just so I dont get billed again when that runs out. I'm well within my 3 months paid time, it hasn't run out. But maybe the server thinks I'm not VIP?

Would love dev answers here for a change.....
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

I found a thread (link) earlier in the year where someone was having the exact same problem. They disabled the Alienware LFX (last box in UI settings) and the issue went away. Mine was ticked - so I shall untick it for each character. It's worth a try even though it's linked directly to Alienware (and I don't have an Alienware pc lol)

Edit: Didn't work, character 3 crashed whilst going through Haudh Lin this morning with the option disabled. Oh well, was worth a shot.
    Last edited by Chouxbun; Dec 04 2018 at 12:52 AM.

Fixed

After yesterday's patch I was contacted by SSG support again, asking me to log into the Legendary Servers and test for the connectivity issues I had been suffering.

I can say today after enough testing that there's no freezes, no crashes, no lock-outs. Whatever they fixed, worked, and game is performing better than before.
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

Not for me I'm afraid. Lost connection entering Haunted Barrow yesterday evening and this morning on entering Barrow Downs, both instances resulting in locked character. I'm just totally baffled by this

OK, so the advice I got from Support seemed to work (with DX9):

Options > Audio > Sound Features > Please uncheck 'Use EAX'
    Option > UI Settings > Alienware LFX > Please uncheck 'LFX Usage'

Everything seems to run OK, however, I tried to go back to DX11 and those settings got overwritten and the crashes are back. So I now have another ticket in to get my locked toon unlocked...after this is done, it looks like I'll be playing in DX9, with those setting changes made

{edit} hmm, maybe not so good...another character locked out, didn't even CTD, just a normal log out, but trying to get back in leads to a CTD.

PS - Thanks to all the other users with the suggestions - it seems that 'Customer Support' is actually to be taken to mean 'Support from other Customers' as it doesn't look like these threads are read, let alone replied to by anyone from the company, I guess we'll just go on trying to help each other!
    Last edited by Pilko; Dec 07 2018 at 12:15 PM.
    If you find yourself alone, stood in a stone circle with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Middle Earth and it will soon be time for 2nd breakfast!

i am having same issues with crashing

ever since new update my lotro file is totally unplayable now when i get on i crash swift horsing, going thru map areas, even crash if i am just sitting still ,

i have uninstalled, and fully deleted whole file and tried reinstalling and that didnt help at all,

this has all happened since new update this week,

I'm having a strange problem that sounds like it's similar, but a bit different: when I try to log in normally, it crashes back to desktop after I hit the "Log In" button, while if I log in as Administrator, I can play normally... BUT with a caveat:

If I have my voice-over-IP software going (we use Discord), LOTRO will fail to launch even in Admin mode. And further, I've seen Discord then pop an error message requesting that I restart it in admin mode as well.

This issue seems to have only started since the latest patch.

Makes me wonder if LOTRO is creating IRQ conflicts.

A lot of crashes for me too for a few weeks, maybe one every two hours, in every regions, in every situations, never had crashes before. Today 18/12/2018, 2 crashes in 30 minutes around Aldburg, different situations, can't see a pattern that would trigger crashes. Of all my applications and games on my PC, only LOTRO is crashing, without error message, just flying back to desktop.

I have a new powerful PC from one month ago with a clean installation of everything, windows 10, nvidia 1070 Ti, 16 Gb RAM, DX11, not installing or tweaking anything fancy on my rig, etc., so I can't see my PC being the problem.

Reluctant to play the game anymore untill this is solved to be honest :-(

Edit : clean uninstall and clean reinstall of whole LOTRO a week ago, nothing changed.

Edit 2 : every graphic options still on max, but I only unchecked (it's unchecked by default, so I reversed it actually) the box "Options/Advanced Graphics/Triple buffering", no crash after +- 10 hours of gameplay, maybe a coincidence or Yule miracle :-P
    Last edited by Tolumina; Dec 21 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolumina View Post
    A lot of crashes for me too for a few weeks, maybe one every two hours, in every regions, in every situations, never had crashes before. Today 18/12/2018, 2 crashes in 30 minutes around Aldburg, different situations, can't see a pattern that would trigger crashes. Of all my applications and games on my PC, only LOTRO is crashing, without error message, just flying back to desktop.

I have a new powerful PC from one month ago with a clean installation of everything, windows 10, nvidia 1070 Ti, 16 Gb RAM, DX11, not installing or tweaking anything fancy on my rig, etc., so I can't see my PC being the problem.

Edit : clean uninstall and clean reinstall of whole LOTRO a week ago, nothing changed.
    Gondor you will crash no matter how beefy the machine is as a Hunter travelling. I am pretty sure the same is true for other classes if you are in the areas too long.

My original issue was crashing in any region very often, but that seems to have stopped. Now it is just when I am in Minas Tirith and Gondorian areas.

We are investigating this. It appears there may be a memory leak at fault.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Thanks to the folks who are looking into the errors. There also appears to be a consistent problem with the "One Drink Too Few" Ale Association quest. The client has crashed and auto-failed the quest three times within 24 hours.

I too am having trouble...I crash to desktop about 2-3 times per hour.

It appears random...someone just running around, sometimes on horse, sometimes when zoning.

Please help fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolumina View Post

Edit 2 : every graphic options still on max, but I only unchecked (it's unchecked by default, so I reversed it actually) the box "Options/Advanced Graphics/Triple buffering", no crash after +- 10 hours of gameplay, maybe a coincidence or Yule miracle :-P
    Well, in one aspect I think I'm relieved that I'm not the only one having issues with the game going to desktop with no warning. I, too, have a new gaming system only 4 days old. I hope they resolve the issue soon, but I expect it will be after the 1st of the year due to holidays.

I never had a problem before the latest Update, even in Minas Tirith, but now the game crashes my computer two or three times an hour, no matter what I'm doing. It's so frustrating! I hope they find a fix for it soon.
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

I had 2 weird crashes today. Both when my cappy was fishing in a small lake near Gloin camp in Misty Mountain. Never had anything like this before. After I logged him back after second crash(with no problem) ported him to Shire Homestead and tried to fish in the river there. Was fishing for some time (like 10 min maybe) without crashing. Freezes when I'm unable to move for like a min or so after which I can move again happen from time to time after last patch.
    Last edited by Sealana; Dec 26 2018 at 08:11 AM.

Memory leak

Any update, or have you forgotten about it?
    Arkenstone - Styro (120 Mini)

If a graphics card is mentioned in this thread, it is an NVidia. Does it happen with AMD cards as well?

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    If a graphics card is mentioned in this thread, it is an NVidia. Does it happen with AMD cards as well?
    AFAIK, 1 or 2 AMD users have reported crashes, but the vast majority are NV users.

It may be a clash with 3rd party hardware/software; there was a memory leak caused by an XBox controller driver year before last, and last year I experienced one with a Logitec C270 Webcam when used with AMD ReLive on my daughters system, an AMD update fixed the issue. LOTRO and either was fine, but use both and 20 minutes later the PC crashed, regardless of how long any of the 3 were in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealana View Post
    I had 2 weird crashes today. Both when my cappy was fishing in a small lake near Gloin camp in Misty Mountain. Never had anything like this before. After I logged him back after second crash(with no problem) ported him to Shire Homestead and tried to fish in the river there. Was fishing for some time (like 10 min maybe) without crashing. Freezes when I'm unable to move for like a min or so after which I can move again happen from time to time after last patch.

before this weeks patch i was only haveing the occasional drop to desktop... now its withen minutes of logging in, i give up i'll try after the next patch :/ seems they don't want my money lol

Just as an update... wife and I have both been crashing to desktop during every play session. Happens at random times but especially when porting or swift traveling. The bit of additional info here is the fact that she uses a mac and i use a PC. Neither of us had any trouble earlier in 2018 but the last couple of months have been constant. We even run on different internet connections while testing. Landline and DSL... the connection type makes no difference.

After being able to run multiple instances and film concerts, with no issue, today my instances disappeared with no notice after a short interval of maybe ten minutes, while running FRAPS, my filming software. When I only ran my filmer instance, it happened again, with no warning. I have been operating successfully for a number of years with this scenario. Any ideas? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBeary View Post
    After being able to run multiple instances and film concerts, with no issue, today my instances disappeared with no notice after a short interval of maybe ten minutes, while running FRAPS, my filming software. When I only ran my filmer instance, it happened again, with no warning. I have been operating successfully for a number of years with this scenario. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Cordo reported that they had found a bad memory leak in the last big update, so hopefully they are going to plug it at some point; however I still havent had any crashes other than the corrupted install on the works machine a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Cordo reported that they had found a bad memory leak in the last big update, so hopefully they are going to plug it at some point; however I still havent had any crashes other than the corrupted install on the works machine a couple of weeks ago.
    Thank you Yarbro.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBeary View Post
    Thank you Yarbro.
    I suspect, as with several other LOTRO leaks, that more than 2 software conflicts have to occur to cause the leak; that is why a large group suffers, but others dont get anything going wrong.

Really?

Any update, its been 6 weeks since you said you were "investigating".

Oh, and by the way, the memory leak is not "at fault". The memory leak is doing exactly what you would expect it to do. Your devs on the other hand............
    Arkenstone - Styro (120 Mini)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast