We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbun View Post
    It sort of points to IP address (especially as Laurelinarien seemed to be ok via VPN) - I wonder if this is a glitch caused by the VIP check? But why would it only affect certain areas?
    The sub status is something I'm considering too. I paid for 3 months when the U23 came out, but as I always do, I cancel the renewal shortly after just so I dont get billed again when that runs out. I'm well within my 3 months paid time, it hasn't run out. But maybe the server thinks I'm not VIP?

Would love dev answers here for a change.....
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

I found a thread (link) earlier in the year where someone was having the exact same problem. They disabled the Alienware LFX (last box in UI settings) and the issue went away. Mine was ticked - so I shall untick it for each character. It's worth a try even though it's linked directly to Alienware (and I don't have an Alienware pc lol)

Edit: Didn't work, character 3 crashed whilst going through Haudh Lin this morning with the option disabled. Oh well, was worth a shot.
    Last edited by Chouxbun; Dec 04 2018 at 01:52 AM.

Fixed

After yesterday's patch I was contacted by SSG support again, asking me to log into the Legendary Servers and test for the connectivity issues I had been suffering.

I can say today after enough testing that there's no freezes, no crashes, no lock-outs. Whatever they fixed, worked, and game is performing better than before.
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

Not for me I'm afraid. Lost connection entering Haunted Barrow yesterday evening and this morning on entering Barrow Downs, both instances resulting in locked character. I'm just totally baffled by this

OK, so the advice I got from Support seemed to work (with DX9):

Options > Audio > Sound Features > Please uncheck 'Use EAX'
    Option > UI Settings > Alienware LFX > Please uncheck 'LFX Usage'

Everything seems to run OK, however, I tried to go back to DX11 and those settings got overwritten and the crashes are back. So I now have another ticket in to get my locked toon unlocked...after this is done, it looks like I'll be playing in DX9, with those setting changes made

{edit} hmm, maybe not so good...another character locked out, didn't even CTD, just a normal log out, but trying to get back in leads to a CTD.

PS - Thanks to all the other users with the suggestions - it seems that 'Customer Support' is actually to be taken to mean 'Support from other Customers' as it doesn't look like these threads are read, let alone replied to by anyone from the company, I guess we'll just go on trying to help each other!
    Last edited by Pilko; Dec 07 2018 at 01:15 PM.
    If you find yourself alone, stood in a stone circle with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Middle Earth and it will soon be time for 2nd breakfast!

i am having same issues with crashing

ever since new update my lotro file is totally unplayable now when i get on i crash swift horsing, going thru map areas, even crash if i am just sitting still ,

i have uninstalled, and fully deleted whole file and tried reinstalling and that didnt help at all,

this has all happened since new update this week,

I'm having a strange problem that sounds like it's similar, but a bit different: when I try to log in normally, it crashes back to desktop after I hit the "Log In" button, while if I log in as Administrator, I can play normally... BUT with a caveat:

If I have my voice-over-IP software going (we use Discord), LOTRO will fail to launch even in Admin mode. And further, I've seen Discord then pop an error message requesting that I restart it in admin mode as well.

This issue seems to have only started since the latest patch.

Makes me wonder if LOTRO is creating IRQ conflicts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2