We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Grey Mountain resource instances appreciation post

Kudos to the developer team for the new resource instances, these dailies I actually appreciate. They are very straightforward, put you right in the middle of the action and are somewhat challenging with the scourges.

What I'm trying to say is, when designing daily quests in the future these should be the gold standard. Let me tell you, these are WAY MORE enjoyable than the daily quests we had at the lvl 115 cap.

Yes I agree - really enjoying these too. I enjoying fighting the bosses.

I have no objection to them and agree they're pretty well done, but I wish they were mixed in with more landscape dailies. I find treading the exact same path in the instances quite tedious, day after day. The landscape quests tend to give you a bit more breadth to meander around.

Quote Originally Posted by mosselyn View Post
    I have no objection to them and agree they're pretty well done, but I wish they were mixed in with more landscape dailies. I find treading the exact same path in the instances quite tedious, day after day. The landscape quests tend to give you a bit more breadth to meander around.
    Same here - for the first week or two after unlocking the resource instances I did them whenever I could and was looking forward to unlocking them on my second char. But now I simply cannot bring myself to do them anymore because I don't want to do the same 4 instances over and over again with 1 hour per char every day.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Whatever you do - don't do these for the crafting resource boxes, they are a complete joke.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Whatever you do - don't do these for the crafting resource boxes, they are a complete joke.
    I don't agree. Sure, you only get a small number of basic crafting mats per box, but you can pick a box for almost any craft no matter what craft your toon actually has. That's actually very convenient. The cost of that convenience IS the limited number of mats per box.

TANSTAAFL - There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Everything has a cost/price, even if you can't see what that cost/price is.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

I found the crafting mats useful for an alt that is not high enough to gather.

Quote Originally Posted by mosselyn View Post

Would like to see more landscape dailies, too. There is only ONE (collecting honey).