We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Request: More furnishings like Sleeping Cat!

I won't claim to be a huge LOTRO spender, but I went on a tear this week and bought the crafting stations for my little Kin neighborhood. Then because I bought I a bunch of points, and because my kid who I play with is going through an intense cat phase, I extra-splurged on the Sleeping Cat.

Dang.

This is by far the most impressive housing "item" I have seen so far. Its name isn't even descriptive. It has so many charming animations. I have it set to roam and rest by the fireplace, and it transforms my house into a cosy place I could believe someone would live in.

There have got to be other housing items that could be done in this style. Other pets seem obvious, but there might be other things. Most housing items are stationary or have light, simple animations. A few items with more sophisticated animations has a huge effect on the atmosphere of the house.

What about taking a look at property guards? As designed, they don't really patrol much. With the more elaborate positioning that is now supported for yard items, perhaps the property guards could patrol off the boundaries of their hook.
    Lonely Mountain Meercats, On Crickhollow:
    Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter), Naniavas (Elf Loremaster), Chalcedonay (Hobbit Warden), Aradeith (Beorning), Gydis (Dwarf Runekeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    I won't claim to be a huge LOTRO spender, but I went on a tear this week and bought the crafting stations for my little Kin neighborhood. Then because I bought I a bunch of points, and because my kid who I play with is going through an intense cat phase, I extra-splurged on the Sleeping Cat.

Dang.

This is by far the most impressive housing "item" I have seen so far. Its name isn't even descriptive. It has so many charming animations. I have it set to roam and rest by the fireplace, and it transforms my house into a cosy place I could believe someone would live in.

There have got to be other housing items that could be done in this style. Other pets seem obvious, but there might be other things. Most housing items are stationary or have light, simple animations. A few items with more sophisticated animations has a huge effect on the atmosphere of the house.

What about taking a look at property guards? As designed, they don't really patrol much. With the more elaborate positioning that is now supported for yard items, perhaps the property guards could patrol off the boundaries of their hook.
    Property guards already walk around the slot area & look around. Other animated lifelike NPCs & criters you can get for the house are the barber, vendor & auctioner, little turtle, cave claw, chickens, cows, hedgehogs & fishing pond & on special note the dormmouse & singing bird. By the way, at least 2 property guards are animals instead people (dog & goat). But i agree, will be neat to have more animals in our house.

Also if your son like cats there is another house decoration with a cat but not as animated & there are also several cosmetic pet cats that follow you around.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~