We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New player asks for information

Hi,

I'd like to begin the game, and i really want to do all the content, including old instances for low levels.
    I don't know if the best solution is to wait for the legendary server to begin ?
    I think people are going to rush the end game, so for a beginneer like me, maybe an old server is better to take my time in leveling with a solid kin to learn the game ?

I read that Evernight is the most populated server in EU (i'm french),
    but is it possible to find a Kin (french or english, even if my english is not perfect) which allow to clean all the content of the game, region by region ?

PS : is the bundle "Eriador" include all the instance before lvl 50 ?
    I already have the quadPack for the extensions until Helm's deep

Thanks for help to choose the good server for a begineer, to find the kin which is for me.

Hi,

I'd like to begin the game, and i really want to do all the content, including old instances for low levels.
    I don't know if the best solution is to wait for the legendary server to begin ?
    Good idea, I agree it seems like the best alternative
    You can download and play the game's start bits in advance before paying anything at all. Get some feel for what class suits you.

I think people are going to rush the end game, so for a beginneer like me, maybe an old server is better to take my time in leveling with a solid kin to learn the game ?

but is it possible to find a Kin (french or english, even if my english is not perfect) which allow to clean all the content of the game, region by region ?
    I'm sure many will be slow pace, given that they get four month or so until the next cap to proceed in the game.
    A solid kin is always recommended though, pop on Sirannon and have a chat, see who else is going. Check Evernight also.

99% certain eriador bundle will only be missing a couple of instances, Halls of Night was separate and also some skirmishes.
    Not sure they will be in the legendary server but I think so.
    Skirmishes were added later as the game progressed but I understand this content will be the same as on a regular server and so will be available.

Thanks for help to choose the good server for a begineer, to find the kin which is for me.

Hope that was legible, tried for a separate colour that was not too annoying.

If you want to play on the legendary server, which should allow you to play most instances on level instead of just being carried through by highlevelers, then you dont need to buy any packs like eriador bundle, because you'll need to be VIP for the whole time anyway and VIP includes everything thats not an expansion.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Thanks for your answers.

So you think it's not possible to begin and discover the content with a kin a an old server lke Sirannon or Evernight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengald View Post
    Thanks for your answers.

So you think it's not possible to begin and discover the content with a kin a an old server lke Sirannon or Evernight.
    its possible, but usually, the activity is quite low in lower levels. there are kins who sometimes start new characters or stop at certain levels with some of their chars, but clearly most kins simply go for levelcap.
    So in most cases, kins will only be able to carry you through instances, which isnt really discovering content, if you dont even have to fight and everything dies within seconds.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Thanks for your answers.

Evernight has a level-capped kin that might be of interest for you:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...14th-September
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Thanks for your answers.

If Sirannon does not have a levelling capped kinship that you can join you can create one yourself and recruit players to join you. In order to start a kinship, you must finish the intro area for your race, find a Kinship Clerk (in one of the major beginner towns), and buy a charter for a few silver. Minimum number of members is 1 and there's no ongoing cost until you purchase a kinhouse (after 3 months).

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Lightbulb

Hi,

Welcome to LOTRO!

Take a look at Gladden. It is a very nice & tolerant, new player friendly server, with lot of people that like to help others. We have people from all around the globe.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Hi,

I'm a new player, and look for the best server for me (i'm french).

Do you think the legendary server is a good solution for a casual player like me (i play just 5-6 hours each week) ?
    Will i be alone in low level area in few weeks/months ?

Really want To discover old content but i'm afraid of the speed of my progression compared To other players.

Thanks for your advice !

Hello, I am new and would love some answers whilst waiting for download!

Hello all,

I was on the website MMORPG.com and read the article about "legend servers". I read alot of good feedback from these forums, and other online post's so thought I would give it a go!

I just have a few questions to feel a little comfortable :

When did legends servers come out? Which one should I choose?

Is it possible to have a breakdown on the current meta of the game, as in, best classe's for each role? (I know alot will say, play what you enjoy, but if I am going to invest the time I'm thinking of investing I like to get my 1st pick spot on) I am used to playing range burst damage dealer...I also do NOT wanna be the one no ones invites to raids, dungeons etc because I play "that" class. I would like to be "wanted" because I play "that" class - and it's a bonus if theres a "ranged damage dealer" that is "that class"

As I have never played LOTRO, any starting advice to get me going on the right step?
    I know cash shops sometimes would like you to use their valuable ressources for you to then buy them, is there anything I should hold on to during the level progression?
    If I was planning on putting in 100$ on the game, what would be the best and wisest way of spending it to help me with my game?

Thanks in advance on the read and hopefully some replys, will also be streaming this new experience if everything ticks the boxes!

Legendary servers came out about a week ago, so everything rather new there.

Note that you need to be VIP (subscribed) to play there. Most cost effective is annual sub. At some point, you will also need to get game's expansion packs. Though you may wish to wait for those to go on sale.

The class you probably will fit most is hunter. That is precisely ranged burst damage. From what I can see, hunters are pretty much THE class to play these days. Most current endgame content favors ranged classes to the extreme. Seems like raids today are tank, healer, fill in rest with hunters. Of course, nerf hammer swings both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Legendary servers came out about a week ago, so everything rather new there.

Note that you need to be VIP (subscribed) to play there. Most cost effective is annual sub. At some point, you will also need to get game's expansion packs. Though you may wish to wait for those to go on sale.

The class you probably will fit most is hunter. That is precisely ranged burst damage. From what I can see, hunters are pretty much THE class to play these days. Most current endgame content favors ranged classes to the extreme. Seems like raids today are tank, healer, fill in rest with hunters. Of course, nerf hammer swings both ways.
    Thanks for the reply! How many legendary servers are there?

I know quite a few games where alot of german would go to "that" server, french to "that" server, Russian to "that" server...I do not know if this game is popular enough to have this many servers, but which one(s) should I pick for healthy population and guilds whilst being "mostly" English spoken?

Quote Originally Posted by Odinnswill View Post
    Thanks for the reply! How many legendary servers are there?

I know quite a few games where alot of german would go to "that" server, french to "that" server, Russian to "that" server...I do not know if this game is popular enough to have this many servers, but which one(s) should I pick for healthy population and guilds whilst being "mostly" English spoken?
    There are only 2 Legendary Servers.
    I've been on both of them and they are both mainly English speaking, but there are other languages being spoken also from what I've seen in World Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    There are only 2 Legendary Servers.
    I've been on both of them and they are both mainly English speaking, but there are other languages being spoken also from what I've seen in World Chat.
    Thanks again for the reply, any reason I should/shouldn't choose one or the other server?

Do we have any numbers on population for each server?

4 hour download so far!

Thanks again for the reply, any reason I should/shouldn't choose one or the other server?

Do we have any numbers on population for each server?

4 hour download so far!
    Anor came first and everyone jumped on it. People cried about being queued alot.
    Thats why Ithil was created.
    So you'll find higher population on anor.

Hi,

I'm a new player, and look for the best server for me (i'm french).

Do you think the legendary server is a good solution for a casual player like me (i play just 5-6 hours each week) ?
    Will i be alone in low level area in few weeks/months ?

Really want To discover old content but i'm afraid of the speed of my progression compared To other players.

Thanks for your advice !
    Hey, welcome to Lotro!

The Legendary servers are good, but you do need to have a sub to play on them as they are VIP only. You have at least 4 months to lvl your character on the Legendary server before a new lvl cap opens up and people continue on. Until then, the lvl cap is at 50, so should still have people to play with for quite a while yet. If you don't want to sub, I would recommend playing on a Classic server (we have a French one or you can choose any other that you would like), and finding a Kin that you can lvl and play with. Some Kins are specifically designed to lvl lower content; just ask about it on World Chat.

Glad to see you here; hope you enjoy the game!

Hello all,

I was on the website MMORPG.com and read the article about "legend servers". I read alot of good feedback from these forums, and other online post's so thought I would give it a go!

I just have a few questions to feel a little comfortable :

When did legends servers come out? Which one should I choose?

Is it possible to have a breakdown on the current meta of the game, as in, best classe's for each role? (I know alot will say, play what you enjoy, but if I am going to invest the time I'm thinking of investing I like to get my 1st pick spot on) I am used to playing range burst damage dealer...I also do NOT wanna be the one no ones invites to raids, dungeons etc because I play "that" class. I would like to be "wanted" because I play "that" class - and it's a bonus if theres a "ranged damage dealer" that is "that class"

As I have never played LOTRO, any starting advice to get me going on the right step?
    I know cash shops sometimes would like you to use their valuable ressources for you to then buy them, is there anything I should hold on to during the level progression?
    If I was planning on putting in 100$ on the game, what would be the best and wisest way of spending it to help me with my game?

Thanks in advance on the read and hopefully some replys, will also be streaming this new experience if everything ticks the boxes!
    Welcome to Lotro!! Always glad to see new players!

I agree, if you want ranged dps class, hunter is the best one.

A good time to buy xpacs is almost here, actually! The Web site store (not the in game store) has REALLY good deals on their xpacs around the US holiday of Thanksgiving, so they should be on ANY time now. I would start checking the Market on the web site store. Last year, you could buy the first 5 xpacs for only $16 USD total. Mordor was not on sale last year, since it had just come out. Not sure if it will be on sale this year or not.

I think at least one month of VIP is a great investment; you unlock quite a few things permanently on any character logged DURING the VIP time. Currency cap, Swift Travel from Stablemasters, Virtue slots, and a few other things I can't think of right at this moment, lol. But you can start for free and just see if you like the game first; no need to spend any money at all for at least the first 30 or so lvls. Also, if you decide to stay, Premium Wallet in the store is a GREAT thing; it will really free up a lot of bag and vault space for you. Easily one of the first things I recommend buying to new players.

So glad you found us! I personally love this game and it's community so much; I've played other MMOs, but this will always be my home.

I think a multiplayer game can also be played on the console like PS, Xbox. I know it is easy to play on the PC rather than on the console as we do not need to collects all the stuff required to set up.
    Well, Currently, I am playing the role play game called call of duty on the PC.