We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bind to account bug

Since I don't see it posted on here, and it is the single most frustrating part of the new instances:
    Currently when you get loot from any of the new instances it is bound to fellowship for the first hour. Then, for absolutely no reason but to drive people crazy - the behavior is variable.
    If you are still logged into the character (or have logged back into the character) the equipment becomes bound to account.
    If you are NOT logged in, or are logged into another character at the end of the hour - the equipment becomes bound to character!
    Note that selling to a vendor and repurchasing also binds to character - unlike the behavior from the 115 instance cluster.

This is not acceptable. Either make all loot bind to character (and increase the loot chance to compensate) or make all loot bind to account. The fact that well over half of my kin raiding group is resorting to setting timers, pausing whatever they are doing, just to alt over to the character with a ticking timer for 5 minutes so that the equipment can be transferred...

This is not acceptable user experience. It also means that I can't risk doing instances that would be completed in the last hour before I head to bed, because it will either force me to stay up later and lose sleep or it will force me to miss out on any drops that would be useful on any other character. If I figure I rarely get more than 4 hours to play at any one time, and the average instance is going to be an hour, maybe more... that means half of my time I cant start an instance.

I don't know if the user experience matters to SSG given the absolute tedium of the TG trash pulls (at least on t2 you can do SOMETHING about the spirits), but this really should be addressed. Hopefully just revert the binding code to how it functioned in Abyss?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikerin View Post
    If you are still logged into the character (or have logged back into the character) the equipment becomes bound to account.
    If you are NOT logged in, or are logged into another character at the end of the hour - the equipment becomes bound to character!

Thanks for this, it was driving me crazy, now I get it.
    Time to put timer on your loot guys if your want account bound....