We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dead orcs and ungoledain near Rushgate

while looking for stealthed black-arrows for the quest near Rushgate I saw dead orcs and ungoledain behind a rock. their bodies can be selected but you cannot interact with them. is this a part of landscape quest and I need to find its starting location? if so, where does it start?

thank you in advace.

p.s. lotro-wiki has nothing on topic (thou U23 block of quests is in huge mess there).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorri_Hammerfist View Post
    while looking for stealthed black-arrows for the quest near Rushgate I saw dead orcs and ungoledain behind a rock. their bodies can be selected but you cannot interact with them. is this a part of landscape quest and I need to find its starting location? if so, where does it start?

p.s. lotro-wiki has nothing on topic (thou U23 block of quests is in huge mess there).
    So far, no one has found whatever might trigger those Orcs and Ungoledain. There does not appear to be any quest linking them to anything.
    And there are two groups of them. The other group being closer to Kér Bréin, the Ungoledain camp.

The quest rings have been there "forever" and apparently do not relate to the Beorning quest ilne in Thornholt, which is where you chase them out of the Thornhold.
    Hmmmm. I haven't checked those rings since I (apparently) completed that quest line.

The Ered Mithirn Quest lines appear to be "a mess" because they are not linear. . . . just almost . . . unlike those in the Iron Hills which are much more linear.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Hovering the mouse cursor over that pile of orcs will show they have a quest-kill 4 of them or something like that. It didn't activate for me either but surprisingly it completed when i killed 4 orcs in the Steel Keep instance.
    Radagast had the original questline sending me to the area. Thought i had completed all the quests he had but passing by him one day he had another quest ring that sent me there.

I just checked -- the quest rings are now gone.

At one time all of the dead had Quest rings. I suppose it is possible they were sources of Poision for Quest:Traces of Poison, but I did not check them with that quest active, as the quest directed you to Óinsbridge and there are plenty of poisoned spears there.
    Checking the two areas after completing the Beorning quest line; all of the quest rings are gone.

So either the quest rings were tied to the Poison quest, or they were removed in the last patch.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    The Ered Mithirn Quest lines appear to be "a mess" because they are not linear. . . . just almost . . . unlike those in the Iron Hills which are much more linear.
    yes, indeed. I stumbed by accident over a wolverine that starts the quest "The Bane of Hunulf's Existence" and totally missed it by other alts before.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    Hovering the mouse cursor over that pile of orcs will show they have a quest-kill 4 of them or something like that. It didn't activate for me either but surprisingly it completed when i killed 4 orcs in the Steel Keep instance.
    Radagast had the original questline sending me to the area. Thought i had completed all the quests he had but passing by him one day he had another quest ring that sent me there.
    thank you, I'll check Radagast again

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    I just checked -- the quest rings are now gone.

At one time all of the dead had Quest rings. I suppose it is possible they were sources of Poision for Quest:Traces of Poison, but I did not check them with that quest active, as the quest directed you to Óinsbridge and there are plenty of poisoned spears there.
    Checking the two areas after completing the Beorning quest line; all of the quest rings are gone.

So either the quest rings were tied to the Poison quest, or they were removed in the last patch.
    never saw there any quest rings, probably indeed we had to collect poison from the dead. still very intrigued

so I went to Radagast today on 2 characters. one had completed "The state of the expedition" and not completed "The bane of Hunulf's existence" and had a new quest from Radagast; the other character has not completed "The state" but completed "The Bane" and Radagast had nothing to offer.

The new quest from Radagast is called "Eyes to the West" and sends you towards Rushgate. At the first point you are sent there are orcs, that bestow "Expect the Unexpected" upon killing an orc (you might wait for them to respawn if someone already cleared the area). Also while visiting other places included in "Eyes to the West" there are autobestowed following quests: "Of unknown origin", "A minor squabble" (that involves dead orcs and ungoledain) and "A deadly threat".

Quest chain looks like:
    • Eyes to the West
      • Expect the Unexpected
      • Of Unknown Origin
      • A Minor Squabble
      • A Deadly Threat

Thank you very much for helpful inputs
    Last edited by Dorri_Hammerfist; Oct 30 2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added