We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

U23 Mastery or Outgoing Healing

With the stat changes with U23, is it better to slot Mastery or Outgoing Healing Essences for a healing build?

For healing the essence with the higher value. 1 point of both give the same win for outgoing healing.
    If both are as high as the other I would take mastery cause your dmg would be increased too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    With the stat changes with U23, is it better to slot Mastery or Outgoing Healing Essences for a healing build?
    Currently my mini is using a mix of TM & OHR but mostly in the gear stats, not the essences.. I've gone for Crit Rat essences, trying to cap that seems to be better than focusing on mastery/OHR. With a mix of teal & purple gear from instances + some crit essences you can easily get decent % in both aspects.
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    Since the last patch (U23.1.3) you can slot outgoing healing essences as they get fixed and now are comparable (or even slightly better) than same tier tactical mastery.

Capping outgoing healing IMO is very easy no matter which route you go. On my RK I always go with mastery. Why would I create more work for myself by making my healing and dps gear so incompatible with each other? My mastery still has a little ways to go before I have it where I want it and I've already capped outgoing healing a while ago. That and my crit is also high were I want it for both builds. If your gear is sub par you'll find more benefit to going another route if you want to heal or if you ONLY want to heal. Same goes for me for my minstrel though. As I still want to solo and be capable of dpsing from time to time. Not that I would normally dps as a minstrel in groups.
    Brandywine: [Warden] Elochai, [Burglar] Aelochai, [Hunter] Daeskirlo, [Minstrel] Tychonir, [Beorning] Maelikar, [Champion] Daekhar, [Rune-Keeper] Elokhai
    Creepside: [Stalker] Dawgystyle, [Weaver] Tyreth

There seem to have been no large change in the way OHR and mastery works on the Minstrels heals. We have always been heavily reliant on critical heals, while flat outgoing healing rating has little impact on the actual amount of healing. The amount of OHR you get from the stats on gear will be quite sufficient, and no essences needs to be slottet to that effect.

You are much better off getting your critical rating as close to cap as possible. Right now I am on around 210K and that seems to work fine. The rest of the essences can well be put into vitality essences. You could of course also opt for mitigations, but they have not scaled well with the current cap values, so my best guess is that going for morale is the better option.
    Banion, leader of The Riddles in the Dark

On my RK i gone this route: i bought 2nd cloak (book reward) (for 1 dwarf coin) and slotted it with 2 outgoing healing essences, the 1st one is with finesse for dmg.

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Banionn View Post
    There seem to have been no large change in the way OHR and mastery works on the Minstrels heals. We have always been heavily reliant on critical heals, while flat outgoing healing rating has little impact on the actual amount of healing. The amount of OHR you get from the stats on gear will be quite sufficient, and no essences needs to be slottet to that effect.

You are much better off getting your critical rating as close to cap as possible. Right now I am on around 210K and that seems to work fine. The rest of the essences can well be put into vitality essences. You could of course also opt for mitigations, but they have not scaled well with the current cap values, so my best guess is that going for morale is the better option.
    Exactly this.

The tactical outgoing healing on my minstrel is currently 66.6%.
    The tooltip of bolster courage says it heals 7100 - 10143 morale.

When I unequip ALL my gear (except legendary items) the tactical outgoing healing drops down to 28.3%
    The tooltip of bolster courage now says it heals 6019 - 8598 morale.

So even when the tactical outgoing healing is reduced by more than half it barely affects the amount of actual outgoing healing.

On the other hand if I only unequip my healing book the tactical outgoing healing is 66.4%. But Bolster Courage now only heals 663 - 947 points of morale.
    This shows that the actual outgoing healing is in fact much more influenced by the "tactical healing rating" on the legendary book.

So for a healing build the much more interesting question is not "tactical mastery or outgoing healing?" but rather "vitality or mitigations?". And since a lot of damage a minstrel takes is morale based I'm not sure if going full vitality is the best option. I went full mitigations and currently I'm having unbuffed 150k physical and 144k tactical mitigations while having 80k morale and I'm not sure that's the way to go either.