We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

U23 Crafting Is Crazy Expensive And Needs To Be Fixed ASAP

What's up with this, SSG? 50 leathers, 3 dwarrowgleam shards, and a rare drop just for purple medium armor? This is absolutely ridiculous. These costs need to be scaled back to normal crafted gear material requirements: A handful of processed resources. The Doomfold version of what I want to make required 5 brushed leathers and a well-treated leather. The well-treated leather was unreasonable with requiring an 18-hour cooldown. One should be able to whip up a set of decent purple gear for landscape stuff and t1 instances just like we always used to be able to do. It is beyond the pale to require 50 processed leathers, not even to mention the shards and the rare drop item. Come on, folks. I love LOTRO; I want to support this game. But when you do things like this, I question why I am a subscriber.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    What's up with this, SSG? 50 leathers, 3 dwarrowgleam shards, and a rare drop just for purple medium armor? This is absolutely ridiculous. These costs need to be scaled back to normal crafted gear material requirements: A handful of processed resources. The Doomfold version of what I want to make required 5 brushed leathers and a well-treated leather. The well-treated leather was unreasonable with requiring an 18-hour cooldown. One should be able to whip up a set of decent purple gear for landscape stuff and t1 instances just like we always used to be able to do. It is beyond the pale to require 50 processed leathers, not even to mention the shards and the rare drop item. Come on, folks. I love LOTRO; I want to support this game. But when you do things like this, I question why I am a subscriber.
    If anything was able to be required in a reasonable way in-game, then why would anyone buy lootbox keys to gear up ???

Yes there is the motive behind current game design, along with trying to stretch out the life of every update with grind, so nothaving to design as much content, but keep adding new gear grinds with new ilvl on items all the time, bit by bit after an update. In hopes that people will eventually cave in and buy lootbox keys. So those that still claim lootboxes and micro-transactions does not affect others gameplay are in denial and wrong. It is very obvious that they do.

That is why You started seeing this change (among other changes) and it's getting worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    If anything was able to be required in a reasonable way in-game, then why would anyone buy lootbox keys to gear up ???

Yes there is the motive behind current game design, along with trying to stretch out the life of every update with grind, so nothaving to design as much content, but keep adding new gear grinds with new ilvl on items all the time, bit by bit after an update. In hopes that people will eventually cave in and buy lootbox keys. So those that still claim lootboxes and micro-transactions does not affect others gameplay are in denial and wrong. It is very obvious that they do.

That is why You started seeing this change (among other changes) and it's getting worse and worse.
    I hope Athlon games launch a great ME-MMO cause SSG need the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Litreb View Post
    So do I, but it really is no contest. Athlon has a full budget, staff and is starting from scratch. While SSG is understaffed and has a 12 year old game. If the new mmo isn't better than Lotro I would have to question everyone involved lol. The only thing SSG has going for it is how lore-friendly their game is. If Athlon goes awol on the lore, which they might if they base their game off of the Amazon series, they wont keep the loyal lotr fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Litreb View Post
    The Athlon announcement clearly states that it will have nothing to do with the LOTR universe. . .

"Today, Athlon Games, a global publisher of console and PC games, announced it has signed a long-term licensing agreement with Middle-earth Enterprises to develop and publish a video game based on The Lord of the Rings. Athlon Games is working with a partner developer to create an online game set in the world of Middle-earth™ at a time long before the events of The Lord of the Rings, exploring lands, people and creatures never seen before by fans of the Tolkien universe."

"at a time long before the events of The Lord of the Rings" says it all...

“We are extremely pleased to work with Athlon Games to create a new, immersive game experience, exploring epic regions in Middle-earth during the years leading to the events of The Lord of the Rings,” said Fredrica Drotos, Chief Brand & Licensing Officer at Middle-earth Enterprises.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post

Im surprised that this thread hasnt been locked by a blue name for calling out what is actually happening.
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

Just run the instances, they drop enough purple gear on the same level as crafted or better. I don't know why you would even consider crafting those.
    Ishlan R13 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Weaver, Lashin R6 Warg
    Blato (Mini), Shilan (Ward), Sahlin (Beorn), Grobnir (Guard), Hergis (RK), Ishlun (Capt)