We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Shelob

Shelob

It would seem that we haven't seen Shelob yet because she's been off filming at the BBC for an appearance in Dr Who.

The Doctor is going run into Shelob??????? He better stock up on Jelly Babies!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    The Doctor is going run into Shelob??????? He better stock up on Jelly Babies!!!!!!!!
    *Ahem* The Doctor's a she now

And talk about a blast from the past, the jelly-baby thing goes back to when Tom Baker played the part, thirty-seven years ago at the very least...

Just watched that episode - if you suffer greatly from arachnophobia, stay away from this one!!
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    *Ahem* The Doctor's a she now

And talk about a blast from the past, the jelly-baby thing goes back to when Tom Baker played the part, thirty-seven years ago at the very least...
    Uh, excuse me, but Tom Baker is "THE" Doctor, the genuine article if I might add.

You have to be a REAL Tom Baker fan to remember that line lol.

The Doctor is now a girl? Oh god, the PC culture is everywhere now. Reminds me of the current generation calling Tolkien racist because there were no black dwarves in the Hobbit. Ok, I better stop, having my man Tolkien called a racist gets my blood boiling.

But seriously, the Doctor is a girl?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Uh, excuse me, but Tom Baker is "THE" Doctor, the genuine article if I might add.

You have to be a REAL Tom Baker fan to remember that line lol.

The Doctor is now a girl? Oh god, the PC culture is everywhere now. Reminds me of the current generation calling Tolkien racist because there were no black dwarves in the Hobbit. Ok, I better stop, having my man Tolkien called a racist gets my blood boiling.

But seriously, the Doctor is a girl?
    Jodie Whitaker, pulls is off quite well (at least on the acting part), especially with the sub-par script. The new writer is still taking some getting used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QRnULIjv4

Decent spoiler-free clip from the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Jodie Whitaker, pulls is off quite well (at least on the acting part), especially with the sub-par script. The new writer is still taking some getting used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QRnULIjv4

Decent spoiler-free clip from the first episode.
    I would agree. She's striking a good balance between taking charge and not acting like an annoying know-it-all. Also it's nice to have a collection of traveling companions again rather than the one Doctor - one companion idea.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81