We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    45

    Anfalas Star-lit crystal

    Hey guys,

    Is there any new way to get the Anfalas starlit crystal in a Short Time? I‘ve three Alts which i want to Max out and a damage RK which i want to play as a heal RK but than i Need now 60+ crystals which is completly impossible since they nerfed the Loot of seregost.

    Any Ideas?
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasatir View Post
    Hey guys,

    Is there any new way to get the Anfalas starlit crystal in a Short Time? I‘ve three Alts which i want to Max out and a damage RK which i want to play as a heal RK but than i Need now 60+ crystals which is completly impossible since they nerfed the Loot of seregost.

    Any Ideas?
    As I understand it, the only way to grind them is to do ALL the festivals, and use the tokens to barter for them.

  3. #3
    Or Minas Tirith dailies. Last time I saw, they dropped in FI's as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    Or Minas Tirith dailies. Last time I saw, they dropped in FI's as well.
    As far as I know, the only thing you can get for LIs by doing Minas Tirith dailies is Anfalas Scroll of Empowerment, not crystals.

    Other ways to get crystals are shown here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ar-lit_Crystal (though the Wiki always holds the risk that info there may be outdated).

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    As far as I know, the only thing you can get for LIs by doing Minas Tirith dailies is Anfalas Scroll of Empowerment, not crystals.

    Other ways to get crystals are shown here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ar-lit_Crystal (though the Wiki always holds the risk that info there may be outdated).
    You are correct about the dailies: just scrolls. You'll need a pile of them, so still may be worth it. Crystals from FI's certainly has been true but I'm not sure if it still is. Haven't played much recently.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    You are correct about the dailies: just scrolls. You'll need a pile of them, so still may be worth it. Crystals from FI's certainly has been true but I'm not sure if it still is. Haven't played much recently.
    The only crystal I had whilst camping out in MT last year was a hobbit gift, never got one for anything else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    432
    If you have Mithril Coins they can be used the same as crystals on your LI's. 10MC is the equivalent of 1 crystal. I'm not advocating this method, just presenting it as an option.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

  8. #8

    Stars of Merit

    Epic Battles

    You can barter SoM for star-lits

    I've also acquired some on occasion from running skirms - though I've not done many recently so not sure if any drops were adjusted to exclude those.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpbear View Post
    Epic Battles

    You can barter SoM for star-lits

    I've also acquired some on occasion from running skirms - though I've not done many recently so not sure if any drops were adjusted to exclude those.

    Star-lits still sometimes drop in skirms.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    45
    Thanks to all the replys.

    I will go further with big battles and pay 300 merits for it. I think thats the easiest and fastes way now. There is no guaranteed drops anywhere. So it will take some time partly because i need scrolls of empowerment too.... i hate the legendary grind. :-)
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    994
    With recent changes, big battles got toughened considerably. Even pulling full platinum, you get about 50-60 SoM per battle, so this can be a rather lengthy method. A whole nights worth of running battles for a single crystal. You are looking at about 50 days of heavy grind here.

    Deeding for LP is actually likely to be the most time efficient option now. IIRC, it is 2kLP for 250 Mith Coins, which is about how much you need to max one LI.

  12. #12

    discouraging

    The replies are so discouraging. I probably will never ever get my many toons to level cap simply because of this horrible LI grind.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Curhadbor View Post
    The replies are so discouraging. I probably will never ever get my many toons to level cap simply because of this horrible LI grind.
    Some of mine will probably get to level cap grinding out Anfalas Scrolls for other alts.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Curhadbor View Post
    The replies are so discouraging. I probably will never ever get my many toons to level cap simply because of this horrible LI grind.
    I'm right there with you. Considering some toons have 3 or 4 or 6 legendary items that need maxing out it's just not going to happen for people like us who haven't played every week for the last 4 years. (at least not without dropping a ton of money into lotro coins)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,145
    for me the best method seems to be festivals..
    once a day doing 11 or so daily quests, plus the daily completion of festival spirit, plus the treasure chests amounts to about 45 fall coins.
    One anfalas start lit crystal costs 90 coins = 2 days, 30 minutes each.
    no risk, you do get xp, and its mildly meditative

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel666 View Post
    for me the best method seems to be festivals..
    once a day doing 11 or so daily quests, plus the daily completion of festival spirit, plus the treasure chests amounts to about 45 fall coins.
    One anfalas start lit crystal costs 90 coins = 2 days, 30 minutes each.
    no risk, you do get xp, and its mildly meditative
    If you add in Inn League and/or Ale Association it's even faster, as 2 Inn/Ale tokens gets you 10 Fall festival tokens. I've been getting one crystal per day.

  17. #17
    By far the fastest way to get these is to run Throne of the Dread Terror T2 and exchange the ancient ithil coins for crystals.
    Duruleth - 115 RK, Durindor - 115 Grd, Durabow - 115 Hunter, Durselm - 115 LM, Henckel - 115 Champ, Durbear - 115 Beorning, Dursong - 115 Mins, Durscap - 105 Cpt

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasatir View Post
    Thanks to all the replys.

    I will go further with big battles and pay 300 merits for it. I think thats the easiest and fastes way now. There is no guaranteed drops anywhere. So it will take some time partly because i need scrolls of empowerment too.... i hate the legendary grind. :-)
    Don't buy crystals from big battles - buy essence removal scrolls. They cost far less, and you should be able to trade for Crystals 1:1

    Like someone else mentioned - do Throne of the Dread Terror and trade ithil coins. Incoming damage is a bit of a pain right now due to the current bug, but you should be able to put together a group for the first boss pretty easily. Mumaks is a bit harder to put together if you dont have any raiding group, but it still happens regularly. A full t2 clear (challenge except for boss 4) give something like 57 ithil coins - that is 9.5 crystals worth.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    78
    I'm in a small kin and it's killing our ability to do instances at endgame because of a lack of starlits/scrolls on our LIs. In order to make the game fun for people who have (near) maxed out LIs, instances need to be balanced around them. But that leaves those of us without maxed out LIs doing ~50% the DPS/heals of what instances are balanced around. So it's a chicken and egg issue; how does one farm instances to get them when one doesn't have the gear to farm them? At least with CoS, we could run them at 10 levels under at 105 and reliably get some crystals and scrolls; but now we're pretty much forced to spend ages on epic battles or holiday stuff. The system is broken and grindy right now; until the LI system is overhauled there needs to be a reliable way to get them quickly at cap. Currently quests hand one all the gear needed to do T1 instances at cap; LIs should be a same way with the last few tiers linked to T3/raid upgrades on them but that's probably a ways down the road for being redone.

  20. #20
    Shortly, nope :/ No new way and old ways got nerfed, as you have noticed. In new instances (only done t1 and t2) I ever got maximum of 2 scrolls and saw no crystal drop so far. Check if you have some Ancient Ithil-coins or Morgul Crests leftovers.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload