We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    That's exactly why I came back and why I subbed as VIP to play on the Legendary server. And it's awesome. Even if LOTRO has issues at end-game, I can still enjoy it all the way up until end-game. Then I'll see what happens at that point with my enjoyment of LOTRO at that point.

So what's wrong with that? SSG gets more income from people like me to continue working on LOTRO and continue to offer it for everyone else who plays. Sure it's a money grab, no argument from me. Sure there are bugs here that have been around since launch. Sure balance sucks compared to a number of other games. But it's still fun, still nostalgia that I'm reliving, and still worth my time. All of those end-game vets preaching doom & gloom about LOTRO might be justified, but it doesn't change the fact that others are still enjoying the nostalgia revisit and SSG is making money (have you seen how heavily populated Anor is right now?).

Give us returning players until 2020 and perhaps then we can join you in the bitter end-game vet moaning party.
    And you completely missed the point. That is ok, continue to pay for them to force the store on you. The newest patch has already showed they are doing it and its only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    And you completely missed the point. That is ok, continue to pay for them to force the store on you. The newest patch has already showed they are doing it and its only going to get worse.
    And you missed my point. I don't have to buy anything in the store to play as VIP and do the progression of the game as one of the returning players who's enjoying the nostalgia. None of the complaints about P2W, lack of updates some people want, and overall displeasure with Legendary servers matter to my enjoyment of LOTRO.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl | Torval, Bornhald, Juilin

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    And you missed my point. I don't have to buy anything in the store to play as VIP and do the progression of the game as one of the returning players who's enjoying the nostalgia. None of the complaints about P2W, lack of updates some people want, and overall displeasure with Legendary servers matter to my enjoyment of LOTRO.

For me the game is fun up to the Black Gate. Why? Because I don't have to grind to be able to play the game. That changes with Mordor and as of then players are very much encouraged to use the store which I refuse to do. The problem isn't even being able to play end game but being able to just play the game due to ILI grind primarily but it also encompasses the other ever-growing systems. I'm not going to slog through tedious, frustrating, depressing Mordor with a free level ILI. But that is my opinion. 1-105 just playing the game is fun. So as long as you are happy just playing the game not worrying about BiS you will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    For me the game is fun up to the Black Gate. Why? Because I don't have to grind to be able to play the game. That changes with Mordor and as of then players are very much encouraged to use the store which I refuse to do. The problem isn't even being able to play end game but being able to just play the game due to ILI grind primarily but it also encompasses the other ever-growing systems. I'm not going to slog through tedious, frustrating, depressing Mordor with a free level ILI. But that is my opinion. 1-105 just playing the game is fun. So as long as you are happy just playing the game not worrying about BiS you will be happy.
    This. I always stop my characters at the end of Gondor because I can't handle the insane grind past that.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    1-105 just playing the game is fun. So as long as you are happy just playing the game not worrying about BiS you will be happy.
    Yeah, I never worry about the best gear. Just decent gear to enjoy the game, and good gear to enjoy raiding (which I hear is even easier now). Nostalgia for me is SoA, Moria, Lorien, Khazad-dum, Mirkwood, and then a little of Isengard when I returned in 2011. So anything past that is completely new to me. I'll get nostalgia plus some new-to-me content. I've read all of the lootbox, balance, grinding complaints and it hasn't really bothered me. I remember grinding for LIs before I left. I didn't leave because of the grinding (I didn't mind it), but rather for other games. I pretty much had all deeds done back in 2009.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl | Torval, Bornhald, Juilin

I played through Mordor and U23 and never worried about the grind. My main LI is no where near maxed, my secondary LI was just imbued a couple of weeks ago, and hardly any of my gear has essences in them. I'm not dying, though I probably am having a harder time than I would if my stuff was up, but still no danger of dying, and if an under geared LM can make it through, pretty much any other class can. Just play the game and don't worry about the grind if you don't want to. I only grind if I'm feeling up to it; most days I'm not, so I don't, lol.

So, you are talking about the level 120 grinding + minmax + store Keys in a thread about the "legendary server" because….

because…

because?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydir View Post
    So, you are talking about the level 120 grinding + minmax + store Keys in a thread about the "legendary server" because….

because…

because?
    Because. . . it's arguable true that the Legendary Servers were introduced to distract us all from the mess that the game has become at endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Because. . . it's arguable true that the Legendary Servers were introduced to distract us all from the mess that the game has become at endgame?
    yes!...(more words)
    dont worry the dev's are working on a fix that fixes the fix that fixed the fix that was fixing the fix....

The only sad thing here is the people 'hating' the legendary servers but still paying a sub to play it.
    I will wait 1 more month and then come back and laugh at how dead LS will be.
    My first thought when they announced and sort of 'explained' it , was something like 'a 2-3 month cash grab' - can't wait to see if i got that one right ^^
    Anyway , SSG should still be credited a succesful cashgrab , either it fails in the end or not , it doesn't really matter since they spent MINIMUM resources and practically no dev time , to launch the servers. ( LS is 99% a content locked live server )

I don't even play the game anymore , it's propably one of the worst MMOs on the market right now - in all terms , gameplay , balance , bugs , pvp , pay to win etc.

But i do have to admit , the forums are still highly entertaining.
    If SSG ever tries to 'patch' lotro.com , they will find a way to make them pay to win too though , so i enjoy it while it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    The only sad thing here is the people 'hating' the legendary servers but still paying a sub to play it.
    My first thought when they announced and sort of 'explained' it , was something like 'a 2-3 month cash grab' - can't wait to see if i got that one right ^^
    Anyway , SSG should still be credited a succesful cashgrab , either it fails in the end or not , it doesn't really matter since they spent MINIMUM resources and practically no dev time , to launch the servers. ( LS is 99% a content locked live server )

I don't even play the game anymore , it's propably one of the worst MMOs on the market right now - in all terms , gameplay , balance , bugs , pvp , pay to win etc.

If SSG ever tries to 'patch' lotro.com , they will find a way to make them pay to win too though , so i enjoy it while it lasts
    Who hates the LS but is paying a sub to play them?

In fact, forget the sub. Why would someone waste the time to play a game (server) they hate? That's warped.

Quote Originally Posted by Happybudgy View Post
    ..when hobbit gifts give more purple armour than teal, and when both kinds have also had their stats lowered?
    I didn't even know there was purple Mathom armor until lvl 120, I used to trash teals because they were so common and only bothered hoarding the gold.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    I didn't even know there was purple Mathom armor until lvl 120, I used to trash teals because they were so common and only bothered hoarding the gold.
    Purple mathon gear was introduced with the last update, previously only teal and gold exist...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

You know I had the same thoughts when they announced it. But having played it, it is great. You not having played it means you have an opinion but an ill informed one.

Which is great for the future of the game. More resources to sort the current end game mess.

We also didn't miss you

The forums are awesome. I love to scan through whilst I'm having my morning coffee before work. And folks like yourself make them all that special. Lets face it if we all thought the same this would be a boring place. Even in trolling like yourself, we get a great laugh at what you write and the banter that comes from it. I can't resist the dangled bait of a wannabe master troll
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    Which is great for the future of the game. More resources to sort the current end game mess.
    You honestly believe that ?

History ever since Mordor preorder ( 2 years ago ) has proven that 'indie' SSG's cashgrabs don't improve the game one bit , they just bring more cashgrabs.
    I literally mean the word 100% , it's not trolling , it's the truth.

The last time this game developed anything remotely innovative was over 5 years ago.
    And when they attempt to act like they do that , like with Allegiances ( which is basically a rep-gated questline , nothing innovative ) they just dumb it with 0 patching.
    In the end , this is exactly why its all about cashgrabs , they don't even support their own systems , skirmishes , mounted combat , epic battles and more , are simply dumbed and left to rot.

What makes you believe Legendary Server will be any different , other than auto content unlocking every 4 months ?
    If you count of the sub money incentive , DON'T , many pvmp players did the same mistake years ago.

Also, every new content they develop like instances , simply launches broken and filled with bugs - in a beta stage.

You are playing a sloppy WoW clone with pay to win and cashgrab motivations.

Example 1:
    SSG : ' t1,t2,t2c - hmmmm , that sounds outdated , let's see what WoW does - ok , they do normal , heroic , mythic , Let's fix that : t1 , t2 , t3 , done! '

Not long from now , they'll also add t4-t5 etc to mimic mythic+ for people that ' like challenge '.

The problem with being a clone though , is that WoW launched their expansion with 10 dungeons , 1 multi boss raid , and another launches in around a month.
    All of them playable - not broken. ( this is important )
    Lotro launched Mordor with 0 group content and added 2 dungeons and 1 raid later on , filled with bugs.
    1 of them ( Naerband ) was the worst dungeon in Lotro history , having a broken last boss that randomly one shotted people if not kited , randomly resetted for no reason and more , and it remained like that for the entirety of 115 cap , even after patching !!! ( patching actually made it worse )

So yeah , in order to be a proper clone , you need to at least compete somehow , if not , you simply look funny.
    And it's not like WoW's newest expansion is one their best one , far from it , people call it 'beta of azeroth'.
    Even so , it launches with 32792442307 times more content that Lotro did , far more polished and they both asked similar money for expansion purchase -_-

Example 2:
    SSG exec 3 months ago in a meeting : ' What's our next cashgrab boys and girls? '
    SSG random employee : ' Guys , not long ago WoW announced a vanilla server ! '
    Cordovan : ' Nice , i've seen plenty of people on the stream asking for that'.
    SSG exec : ' Alright , start working on it , let's move on with our weekly lootbox update ...............'

All in all , GL with the game getting better , not gonna happen with this mentality , ever.
    Instead of worrying and debate on the content they develop , they spend months debating on lootboxes , they even throw out exec letters on the matter.
    Hope is a funny thing when it comes to SSG , it seems to work the opposite way.
    'Don't worry , always remember , it can get worse.'
    Last edited by BotLike; Dec 08 2018 at 07:28 AM.

You honestly believe that ?

History ever since Mordor preorder ( 2 years ago ) has proven that 'indie' SSG's cashgrabs don't improve the game one bit , they just bring more cashgrabs.
    I literally mean the word 100% , it's not trolling , it's the truth.

The last time this game developed anything remotely innovative was over 5 years ago.
    And when they attempt to act like they do that , like with Allegiances ( which is basically a rep-gated questline , nothing innovative ) they just dumb it with 0 patching.
    In the end , this is exactly why its all about cashgrabs , they don't even support their own systems , skirmishes , mounted combat , epic battles and more , are simply dumbed and left to rot.

What makes you believe Legendary Server will be any different , other than auto content unlocking every 4 months ?
    If you count of the sub money incentive , DON'T , many pvmp players did the same mistake years ago.

Also, every new content they develop like instances , simply launches broken and filled with bugs - in a beta stage.

You are playing a sloppy WoW clone with pay to win and cashgrab motivations.

Example 1:
    SSG : ' t1,t2,t2c - hmmmm , that sounds outdated , let's see what WoW does - ok , they do normal , heroic , mythic , Let's fix that : t1 , t2 , t3 , done! '

Not long from now , they'll also add t4-t5 etc to mimic mythic+ for people that ' like challenge '.

The problem with being a clone though , is that WoW launched their expansion with 10 dungeons , 1 multi boss raid , and another launches in around a month.
    All of them playable - not broken. ( this is important )
    Lotro launched Mordor with 0 group content and added 2 dungeons and 1 raid later on , filled with bugs.
    1 of them ( Naerband ) was the worst dungeon in Lotro history , having a broken last boss that randomly one shotted people if not kited , randomly resetted for no reason and more , and it remained like that for the entirety of 115 cap , even after patching !!! ( patching actually made it worse )

So yeah , in order to be a proper clone , you need to at least compete somehow , if not , you simply look funny.
    And it's not like WoW's newest expansion is one their best one , far from it , people call it 'beta of azeroth'.
    Even so , it launches with 32792442307 times more content that Lotro did , far more polished and they both asked similar money for expansion purchase -_-

Example 2:
    SSG exec 3 months ago in a meeting : ' What's our next cashgrab boys and girls? '
    SSG random employee : ' Guys , not long ago WoW announced a vanilla server ! '
    Cordovan : ' Nice , i've seen plenty of people on the stream asking for that'.
    SSG exec : ' Alright , start working on it , let's move on with our weekly lootbox update ...............'

All in all , GL with the game getting better , not gonna happen with this mentality , ever.
    Instead of worrying and debate on the content they develop , they spend months debating on lootboxes , they even throw out exec letters on the matter.
    Hope is a funny thing when it comes to SSG , it seems to work the opposite way.
    'Don't worry , always remember , it can get worse.'

So what if they try and clone good, working aspects from other successful games. I find it funny you point out something is a clone, when said games all borrow heavily. They should most certainly outright steal the public quest system from Warhammer Online and tweak it to make it a better fit. Random difficult landscape mobs that appear with a clutch of their minions and send out a warning to people in that region. We already have layers, why not make "difficulty layers" where, instead of making the game more difficult across the board, players can choose the challenge. "The Long Peace". The easiest, we currently have. "The Ring is Found." A moderate jump & "The War of the Ring". More difficult than we've seen. That way players can, if they've bought off more than they can chew, down "layer" to keep their momentum going to finish content or react to people dropping from group or link lost.

I would love if the LegServer was used as an experimental server to test out difficulty increases on a large scale. I personally don't think it needs a mass change. SOA content might need a bit of a tweak for end game content. SOA content could be the intro to the game. Getting people to learn things. Moria should kick the training wheels out from under the players. Same with Mirkwood. Both these areas are seriously unhealthy places for the Free People and show a serious sign of Saurons and other dark minions return. After Mirkwood, ramp it back down a bit in the landscape and then rev it back up for Helms Deep. This is how I see a game as massive as LOTRO operating. Like a roller coaster. I would say that most people get drawn into the game due to landscape interaction and not instances.

Even Fallout 76 and their nukes creating an area where different and rare monsters spawn in the fallout. "The Eye of Sauron" could be used like this at random times, perhaps even when players trigger his attention from certain quests. Making monsters more difficult under his presence, different drops/rewards.

Bring the action back to the landscape.

There is no rush to destroy the ring now. The content is mostly there and there is only so much to be done after. I can think of Morgoths ruined fortress North of Forochel. Thangoradrim? East and South of Gondor?(maybe) Pursuing the last of the Black Numenoreans and Corsairs to their home ports? I think a dev pass to improve and develop existing content sideways is needed before any more motion forward.
    Last edited by PANZERBUNNY; Dec 08 2018 at 09:12 AM.

STUFF
    If you hadn't qualified in an earlier post that you were only here to troll then I would engage and teach you the error of your thinking but as it is ther eis no point as you won't listen to anyone's viewpoint other than your own.

WoW is lucky to have such a devotee
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    If you hadn't qualified in an earlier post that you were only here to troll then I would engage and teach you the error of your thinking but as it is ther eis no point as you won't listen to anyone's viewpoint other than your own.

WoW is lucky to have such a devotee
    So, you were presented with a valid argument and instead of having an active intelligent debate, you choose to personally attack the other poster because you are a SSG supporter. I would expect your post will also go without any moderation or infractions as well. But, just simply pointing out how this has occured over and over in this thread whenever a supporter is presented with valid arguments the claws come out and they attack. It is sad, it is weak and it shows you are just on a bandwagon.

population remains consistent through the week and now the weekend 4 weeks after launch on the smaller, lower pop and less popular Ithil server.

still waiting for it to "fail"

Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    population remains consistent through the week and now the weekend 4 weeks after launch on the smaller, lower pop and less popular Ithil server.

still waiting for it to "fail"
    It's just best ignore the doomsayers, personally I never understood people who hate/dislike/don't approve the direction a game take, still hang around and still apply to post in the forums here. The adult method would just leave and play something else. I left WOW early on, disliking the game and the lore behind it, I just left and never spent an ounce of sweat complaining about it.... I really, really don't understand those people, they can't have it well with themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    It's just best ignore the doomsayers, personally I never understood people who hate/dislike/don't approve the direction a game take, still hang around and still apply to post in the forums here. The adult method would just leave and play something else. I left WOW early on, disliking the game and the lore behind it, I just left and never spent an ounce of sweat complaining about it.... I really, really don't understand those people, they can't have it well with themself.
    The dude clearly has serious mental issues. No normal , mature, healthy adult would spend as much time as he does on a video game forum they dont even play. I'm not sure why he hasnt been banned I'm assuming the moderators are afraid for his well being if they took this away as it's clearly one of the only places in his life where he can get some attention.

Every post of his he attacks people who play the game, cries and whines about moderation and accuses the developers of everything from fraud to illigal business activities. I think it's time this community stands up and demands those in charge ban kickman. The game just launched these LS servers that clearly have not failed and they are bringing in a lot of new players. Its detrimental to the game to allow his mental issues, trolling and desperate attempts to drive people away. Its time they sent him over to sto for good.

Now my comment are not be sugar coated, they are not snowflake approved, they are 100% honest and direct I'm writing this for everyone who feels the same but is too nice to layout the truth about kickman. I would bet everyone here who supports this game is sick and tired of coming here and having to read his attempts to bash the game, supporters, developers and his attempt to single handedly take down lotro.

Ban kickman! Let someone else deal with his issues. There is no other hobby where a dude like him would be allowed to stay in. The community and those in charge would throw his pathetic ### out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveonpal View Post
    The dude clearly has serious mental issues. No normal , mature, healthy adult would spend as much time as he does on a video game forum they dont even play. I'm not sure why he hasnt been banned I'm assuming the moderators are afraid for his well being if they took this away as it's clearly one of the only places in his life where he can get some attention.

Every post of his he attacks people who play the game, cries and whines about moderation and accuses the developers of everything from fraud to illigal business activities. I think it's time this community stands up and demands those in charge ban kickman. The game just launched these LS servers that clearly have not failed and they are bringing in a lot of new players. Its detrimental to the game to allow his mental issues, trolling and desperate attempts to drive people away. Its time they sent him over to sto for good.

Now my comment are not be sugar coated, they are not snowflake approved, they are 100% honest and direct I'm writing this for everyone who feels the same but is too nice to layout the truth about kickman. I would bet everyone here who supports this game is sick and tired of coming here and having to read his attempts to bash the game, supporters, developers and his attempt to single handedly take down lotro.

Ban kickman! Let someone else deal with his issues. There is no other hobby where a dude like him would be allowed to stay in. The community and those in charge would throw his pathetic ### out.
    One could just as easily speculate about the maturity of those who need to react to differing opinions in such a way.

Meanwhile, those who understand the issues facing the gaming industry also understand where he's coming from and why he and others still bother to contradict the "everything-is-fine-as-long-as-I'm-personally-enjoying-myself-and-you-should-leave-if-you-aren't" brigade.

--H

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    One could just as easily speculate about the maturity of those who need to react to differing opinions in such a way.

Meanwhile, those who understand the issues facing the gaming industry also understand where he's coming from and why he and others still bother to contradict the "everything-is-fine-as-long-as-I'm-personally-enjoying-myself-and-you-should-leave-if-you-aren't" brigade.

--H
    90% of his post are attacks against supporters, moderation, developer and a desperate attempt to push people away from the game.

My maturity isnt an issue I'm not a afraid to speak my mind to what I find to be a cancer in my hobby. I dont care if it offends someone like you. People like him are a cancer in video games and are a huge issue in video gaming today plain and simple. People like him cause far more damage to our hobby than any developer could dream of. Like I said there is no other hobby who would allow those like him to act the way he does, especially if he doesnt even participate in that hobby. He is like an anti-gun nutjob and a shooting range.

My maturity is fine pal, thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by Moveonpal; Dec 08 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Since we are taking the sugar coating off of the subject.
    Is there a reason you can feel free to say this on your brand new forum account and 1st post about someone who you can't even brave up to actually quote directly?

Btw didn't you already state you weren't going to post in this thread anymore?

Just the very act of you posting this with this particular forum username, for this particular purpose, you yourself should be banned on all your forum accounts. The lengths some people will go even when it moves well past any common sense astounds me.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

90% of his post are attacks against supporters, moderation, developer and a desperate attempt to push people away from the game.

My maturity isnt an issue I'm not a afraid to speak my mind to what I find to be a cancer in my hobby. I dont care if it offends someone like you. People like him are a cancer in video games and are a huge issue in video gaming today plain and simple. People like him cause far more damage to our hobby than any developer could dream of. Like I said there is no other hobby who would allow those like him to act the way he does, especially if he doesnt even participate in that hobby.

My maturity is fine pal, thanks for your concern.

Your maturity is definitely Not fine, especially to people that have lost family or friends to a terrible disease or are personally affected, shame on you.

If you have nothing of real value to add to this thread I would suggest a dignified silence and let the moderators do their jobs.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast