We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
  1. Pleasant breeze, still kind of sucky?

I was excited when pleasant breeze was said to be buffed. Certainly another heal in yellow line would be welcome. Sadly, it still doesn't seem worth the 5 trait points:

1. Clunky usage: ground target AoE instead of fellowship-wide or similar effect.
    2. Gated behind dps skill. Granted GoW is now part of a rotation, but it may not be a priority or even desired in some fights. If it needs to be gated at all, it would make more sense to gate it behind wind lore.
    3. Gated behind a crit. Really? For such a minor benefit, I'm not sure this needs to be gated at all, but gating it behind a crit makes it doubly fluff.
    4. Very minor heal, considerably less than beacon of hope.

Conclusions: in an ideal world, this would be fellowship wide, but that is relatively minor. Its current gating or magnitude should be changed to make it more useful.

Best solution: leave heal magnitude as is, but either have skill on cooldown of 30 seconds or so or gate it behind wind lore.

Second best solution: leave gating as is, but radically increase magnitude of heal.

Third best solution: leave it entirely as is, but give full effect for one trait point.

Current work-around: not worth traiting.
    Last edited by seyahat; Oct 22 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Well, it is enough to invest only 1 point instead of 5 and you have some random bonus heal.

Taking it for something else is unsuitable because as you said, it is gated behind crit of damage skill.

There is one but - if you are fghting group of enemies.

GoW of wind can hit up to 5 targets. If your crit chance is 15%, suddenly you have a 55,63% chance to cause crit at least at one target and thus to procs the breeze. If your crit is 20%, then it is 67,23% and with 25% crit it is 76,7%.

So in general, you can procs the breeze with every second GoW or better if you are fighting a group of 5 enemies.
    Last edited by Estelrandir; Oct 22 2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

I simpl put it into the rotation as a minor dps effect that might give extra value. Perosnally I quite like the targeted area allowing quite a long range which I've found useful in Abyss and the Thrang runs, but the heal itself is a bit too trivial at the levels where you expect to use it. Its a bonus, not a banker when there is 3 man content that calls for bankers, not bonuses.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Pleasant Breeze is a pretty useless skill at the moment, especially considering it's not a reliable heal. Estelrandir is right about only putting 1/5 points into it, if any, because the later points don't serve to make it more reliable or much more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    1. Clunky usage: ground target AoE instead of fellowship-wide or similar effect.
    2. Gated behind dps skill. Granted GoW is now part of a rotation, but it may not be a priority or even desired in some fights. If it needs to be gated at all, it would make more sense to gate it behind wind lore.
    3. Gated behind a crit. Really? For such a minor benefit, I'm not sure this needs to be gated at all, but gating it behind a crit makes it doubly fluff.
    4. Very minor heal, considerably less than beacon of hope.

Conclusions: in an ideal world, this would be fellowship wide, but that is relatively minor. Its current gating or magnitude should be changed to make it more useful.

Best solution: leave heal magnitude as is, but either have skill on cooldown of 30 seconds or so or gate it behind wind lore.

Second best solution: leave gating as is, but radically increase magnitude of heal.

Third best solution: leave it entirely as is, but give full effect for one trait point.

Current work-around: not worth traiting.
    I'd agree that the best way to fix it would be to gate the skill behind Wind-Lore. I would rather it be more reliable at a higher potency (x10 or so) with a ~45s cooldown personally, that way it's kind of an "oh snap" heal. I do like the ground-targeted aspect of it though, as it does have a lot of range, and it is a good AoE. If they made it fellowship-wide, I feel like they would nerf it to not be a 40m range/radius.

Ideally for me, Pleasant Breeze would be a 40m range, ground-targeted AoE heal for 30-50k or so tooltip-value, with ~45s cooldown. The trait should increases the proc chance on Wind-Lore usage by 20% per tier, so at 5/5 points, it unlocked 100% of the time when you use Wind-Lore.

And while we are discussing LM heals, Water-Lore still does not have an initial tick; the first heal from it occurs 4s after its application to a target. Also, Beacon of Hope really needs its AoE radius increased. Who ever heard of a 4m radius beacon?... I would say it should be anywhere from 10-25m radius for the HoT.