We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Unable to find Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle in LOTRO Store

For some reason, I have been unable to figure out the location of the Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle in the LOTRO Store.

It did not appear when I typed "quest" into the search box in the LOTRO Store, unlike in the video clip entitled "LOTRO EXCLUSIVE Grey Mountains Bundle 1495LP Update 23." Furthermore, it was not listed under "Cosmetic Bundles" in the Cosmetics category, either.

I wish to purchase this bundle; however, I cannot purchase it if I cannot locate it in the LOTRO Store. Where can I find it?

It shows for me under Featured Items, Limited Time and is named "Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle".

Cosmetics

——> Cosmetic Bundles

Question Re: Unable to find Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle in LOTRO Store

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    It shows for me under Featured Items, Limited Time and is named "Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle".
    I have already checked there, and under "Cosmetics ——> Cosmetic Bundles," but it was not listed.

My character was recently newly created, and has not completed any quests yet. Is there any requirement that my character must meet?

The item does not appear when I search in the LOTRO Store in-game.

Just a guess but has your new character achieved Novice rank yet? that might be the requirement for the bundle.

Question Re: Unable to find Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle in LOTRO Store

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    Just a guess but has your new character achieved Novice rank yet? that might be the requirement for the bundle.
    Not yet; I have been rather busy recently, and have only progressed to a later tier of the first quest, whereupon my character was returned to starting position after logging off and back on.

What is needed to achieve Novice rank, and approximately how much time might that require on average?
    Last edited by Forsteel; Oct 22 2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: "so far" -> "recently"

Novice is awarded automatically after completing the introduction. apx 10-15 minutes or so depending on your class.
    A lot of things require Novice rank so that might be your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    Novice is awarded automatically after completing the introduction. apx 10-15 minutes or so depending on your class.
    A lot of things require Novice rank so that might be your problem.
    Eventually, I was able to purchase the Keepsakes of the Grey Mountains Bundle in the LOTRO Store; however, the Novice rank, by itself, was insufficient.

The item only displayed there after entering Celondim and receiving the tutorial hint for the LOTRO Store.

Getting there took so much time (approximately 5 hours, including the time to read out-loud every dialog box and every new item description, as well as take a ScreenShot of every such dialog box, item description, and interaction with any NPC or item, and take 2 short recesses for various needs) that I wound up getting rather tired by the time that I reached there, and accidentally hovered my mouse cursor over some of the new items from one of the quests along the way before I could take sequential ScreenShots as intended.

This action caused the new-item indication frame for some of the new items to disappear before desired. Now I need to find a way to reset the new-item indicator for the items for that quest; unfortunately, I do not know if this is possible.

Do you know how to reset the new-item indicator for a given item? There does not seem to be an option to do this in the options for the UI, and the profile file apparently does not contain per-item new-item-indicator-displayed flags, either.

If this data is stored on the server-side, then I do not know what to do. Do you?

I'll probably re-post this question separately in another thread as well.