We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Durin's Day Event 10/19/18@10am - 10/22/18@3am

Waiting for servers up again for to discover the new event!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

:)

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know about the event and now I am also looking fwd to it.

BTW.. did you really change servers in 1015? Like, did you have to go back in time to do it? Was it hard to find a computer? :P

Shush, don't embarrass him

Quote Originally Posted by epinephra View Post
    BTW.. did you really change servers in 1015? Like, did you have to go back in time to do it? Was it hard to find a computer? :P
    Easy, computer travelled back with me (and a power source for it too, lol).

I too have a "Flux Capacitor Magic Ring" and a "Steed of the DeLorean"....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I too have a "Flux Capacitor Magic Ring" and a "Steed of the DeLorean"....
    That just made my morning. ./Bravo
    Goingbigger | Landroval | Decedents of the Hildor | http://www.youtube.com/goingbigger

Entered Landroval a couple minutes ago, no auto bestowed quest for Durins Event, i think we need to check in Erebor...

Nice extra detail.

Durin's Day event is at the lonely mountain 31.8N,27.7W at old secret door where Bilbo and dwarves were.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Durin's Day event is at the lonely mountain 31.8N,27.7W at old secret door where Bilbo and dwarves were.
    Thanks Pontin!

I will visit the place after some Fall Festival quests.

Ah, so that's what that new door was for. Nice
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I can't play till later, what does the event entail?

"A new Title has been bestowed upon you, you may now be known as Olgomil, Observer of Durin's Day!"

How is the aggro path and mob density, for lowbie toons? Let's say if traveling from Erebor - how safe to go solo?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    How is the aggro path and mob density, for lowbie toons? Let's say if traveling from Erebor - how safe to go solo?
    Today is Durins Day! The Secret Door at Erebor will let show the runes & you can win 5 LP & a tittle for doing that 1 quest/deed/event. Just visit it at Dalelands, no quest pack required. Need to be level 90 to get summoned or you can port with the Daleland Empty Apples Barrel house decoration. If you are 40 levels under the area that is 115, it is likely that any nearby beast will attempt run to you & kill you. That if you are ridding from where the barrel lands you. Once at the mountain, by the door there are no enemies nearby.

I go up to this area every three days to do the Runestone Northern Strongholds Daily. I get into the defile where the stones are (and the back door) without aggroing any of the Mountain Lynx, Wolves, Bears, and Bats. Once you reach the defile there are no creatures at all.

Coming out of the Erebor stairs on the right side facing out, turn right, pass to the left of the falls and keep going until you must turn left to proceed. Stay close to the rocks on the right until you make that left turn then stick to the rocks on the right until you reach a small red flag on the right and then turn right into the defile. You may have to weave a bit to avoid the creatures. Make sure you have your 'N' key on for your journey.

When in the defile you will need to go up about two thirds of the way and turn right to find the secret back door. When you get to the spot you should get a flyover about the secret door.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Another small, but very cool part of LOTRO.

For those wondering what runes say myself and a Friend translated the runes

Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    For those wondering what runes say myself and a Friend translated the runes

Thanks!

This was pretty awesome!
    Thanks for the post on the forums or I would have missed it!

Thank you for that sweet quest / mini event!
    Last edited by Trendafil; Oct 20 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks for this quest! It was such a nice moment.

LOL, that's fantastic Trendafil.

Thanks OP, probably would have missed it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by middlediscworld View Post
    Thanks OP, probably would have missed it otherwise.
    You are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by middlediscworld View Post
    LOL, that's fantastic Trendafil.
    Thank you! - That's basically how I felt when I did that quest...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast