We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lone Lands openings to out-of-map areas

Greetings

Today I was riding outside Ost Guruth heading for Agamaur while I noticed a sizeable opening (it was not there before) in the hills to the North of Ost Guruth leading to an out-of map area. The fact that the opening was in plain sight combined with the recent changes to the Bree landscape led me to believe that it was an intended change in the layout of the playable world that was just not shown in the game-map due to it not having been updated for a long time.

So I rode through the opening, continued riding for a few hundred meters deep into the open fields that were beyond the hills that were once the physical North frontier of the Lone-Lands until I got an error message that I was getting outside the playable area and that I should return back. I did the mistake of not making a 180 degree turn and instead a turned East and rode towards the Agamaur playable area hoping to get back to the playable world. In the meantime I was repeatedly changing areas between Bree and the Lone-Lands. Then my character froze, I lost connection and got a connection lost signal with the game closing itself.

It is just a heads-up both to players and developers. The former don't try to enter the area and in general be cautious with similar openings. Outside Bree it seems that the rest are not as intended. The latter should fix the issue as soon as possible. There is a real danger for players to cause unrepairable damage to their characters.
    My suggestion about an Ettenmoors and PvMP revamp.

The area there has always been there, but it was a lot more difficult to reach. I remember way way back a kinnie had found some way jumping up a rock somewhere a certain way that would lead us to the same area.... it just was almost impossible to get to. Of course back then (2011-ish or so) we all thought that THIS was a new area they were working on, and we were the first to see it! More likely, its been there since 2007, was never intended for public access, and just left that way....

There is a similar area north of Trollshaws. I think both basically connect to the bottom of the ettenmoors, and I have heard stories and myths over the years of people finding a way into the ettenmoors through these uncharted lands. ending up at the river point in the south of ettenmoors, but I haven't seen proof of that claim.

As to what happened here..... probably similar to the shire graphics changes, a few boulders probably got moved by accident, not creating a easier to access opening.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I think both basically connect to the bottom of the ettenmoors, and I have heard stories and myths over the years of people finding a way into the ettenmoors through these uncharted lands. ending up at the river point in the south of ettenmoors, but I haven't seen proof of that claim.
    It is true that these areas must be close to the Ettenmoors for they apply to you a no-outfit rule that only exists in that area. For example when I rode into that uncharted area I got forced to my equipment outfit with the rest getting locked.
    My suggestion about an Ettenmoors and PvMP revamp.

There is at least one intended extension of the map north of Naerost and stretching westwards to the old street leading north since it has mobs placed in it and can be reached without precision jumps.

I am pretty sure that we aren't supposed to be able to reach the areas south of the official zone borders (or even Trollshaws southern areas) as easily as it is possible now. Interestingly the devs have played there quite a lot since my last visit a few years ago, because then it was full of really strange unfilled landscape while now mostly the only thing throwing you off is the lack of mobs and sometimes sudden shifts in the flora.
    New Order, maggots: Eat more carrots! The Dark Lord isn't pleased that none of you can see further than the end of your sword.