We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Installing now....

So its been a little over 9 years since I played, what are the more popular servers? From what a friend was telling me, Melandor is kapoot
    Last edited by buffalobob1; Oct 19 2018 at 03:40 AM.

personally i like Landroval, even though i don't RP that much it just seems to be a lot more friendly. I have moved a lot of characters around to other servers. and most of my main characters are on other servers now so. i am just enjoying Farming in the shire at lvl 6ish haha. best thing about LOTOR is you make things Fun to what ever it is you enjoy. also i just came back about a week or so ago. Welcome Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronstone View Post
    personally i like Landroval, even though i don't RP that much it just seems to be a lot more friendly. I have moved a lot of characters around to other servers. and most of my main characters are on other servers now so. i am just enjoying Farming in the shire at lvl 6ish haha. best thing about LOTOR is you make things Fun to what ever it is you enjoy. also i just came back about a week or so ago. Welcome Back!
    ^^^ THIS ^^^ I am on Landy and it IS a very enjoyable place with LOTS of player created fun experiences weekly!!!
    Luinmiriel [L115 Elf Hunter], Marisibelle [L115 Burglar], Rosilyn [L106 Captain], Carafindriel [L106 Elf Minstrel], Katellin [L115 Beorning], Vornmiriel [L107 Elf Hunter], Melissabelle [L90 Burglar], Lorindriel [L46 Elf Warden], Luinmirien [L115 High Elf Hunter], Silaeluin [115 High Elf Runekeeper]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

The number of servers was greatly reduced a few years ago. And yes, Meneldor is one of the servers that was closed. Toons on any of the closed servers can be moved at no cost to one of the remaining servers.

I am on Gladden and very much enjoy the community. People are friendly and helpful (with a few exceptions, of course!). However, Gladden is not big on raiding and pvp. There is some of both on Gladden, but if that is your focus in playing the game, you would probably be happier on Arkenstone.

You might want to roll a toon on a few servers and hang out during the time of day when you'll be playing. You can get a feel for the 'flavour' of the server community. You could also ask questions in world chat to see if the server would be a good match for your play style.

And welcome back to the game - it's a wonderful journey playing this game!

I think Brandywine is still the most populated server. Lots of Russians moved there when the Russian server shut down, I'm told. Arkenstone is the unofficial raiding/PvP server if those are important to you. I play on Landroval, it seems pretty well populated and friendly. It leans toward role-playing but there's plenty of room for normal play as well.

Welcome back!

Lightbulb

Welcome back to LOTRO!

Best way to know on what 1 you want to be, in is spy all servers 1st on a alt. My favorite is Gladden if you wish to know, for the same reasons that Aeroniel just numbered.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Welcome back to Middle-Earth, buffalobob1!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Welcome back, I'm in the same boat

sheesh, it takes awhile to download this all again from scratch.

Welcome back, OP. I just returned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xleatherneck View Post
    sheesh, it takes awhile to download this all again from scratch.
    Yeah, it's painful. The first download of the client is fine. But it's the patching that's a pain. I hope SSG rolls all of their patches into the main client download sooner rather than later. The patching was exponentially longer than the client download.

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    Welcome back, OP. I just returned as well.

Yeah, it's painful. The first download of the client is fine. But it's the patching that's a pain. I hope SSG rolls all of their patches into the main client download sooner rather than later. The patching was exponentially longer than the client download.
    That would help alot. Finally all patched up. Going to try Gladden per suggestions from you guys. See you in middle earth.

Quote Originally Posted by xleatherneck View Post
    That would help alot. Finally all patched up. Going to try Gladden per suggestions from you guys. See you in middle earth.
    On a side note...

After patching you can save that folder with the 27.8 GB of files to another location on your system (or even a thumbdrive or whatever) and then re-use it if you wanted a clean install or to install on another system. To do that, just perform the base install from the live installer file, then interrupt the client download process and copy every thing over to that new install location. The next time the client launcher runs, it will sync up and patch anything that has changed since then.

If I am given a chance I would also like to go with that but generally, I would like to choose PC to have this thing we do not need to do all the stuff required to setup it.