We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,843

    Installing now....

    So its been a little over 9 years since I played, what are the more popular servers? From what a friend was telling me, Melandor is kapoot
    Last edited by buffalobob1; Oct 19 2018 at 02:40 AM.

  2. #2
    personally i like Landroval, even though i don't RP that much it just seems to be a lot more friendly. I have moved a lot of characters around to other servers. and most of my main characters are on other servers now so. i am just enjoying Farming in the shire at lvl 6ish haha. best thing about LOTOR is you make things Fun to what ever it is you enjoy. also i just came back about a week or so ago. Welcome Back!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windsor Locks, CT
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronstone View Post
    personally i like Landroval, even though i don't RP that much it just seems to be a lot more friendly. I have moved a lot of characters around to other servers. and most of my main characters are on other servers now so. i am just enjoying Farming in the shire at lvl 6ish haha. best thing about LOTOR is you make things Fun to what ever it is you enjoy. also i just came back about a week or so ago. Welcome Back!
    ^^^ THIS ^^^ I am on Landy and it IS a very enjoyable place with LOTS of player created fun experiences weekly!!!
    Luinmiriel [L120 Elf Hunter], Marisibelle [L120 Burglar], Rosilyn [L120 Captain], Carafindriel [L120 Elf Minstrel], Katellin [L120 Beorning], Vornmiriel [L120 Elf Hunter], Melissabelle [L90 Burglar], Lorindriel [L68 Elf Warden], Luinmirien [L120 High Elf Hunter], Silaeluin [L120 High Elf Runekeeper]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

  4. #4
    The number of servers was greatly reduced a few years ago. And yes, Meneldor is one of the servers that was closed. Toons on any of the closed servers can be moved at no cost to one of the remaining servers.

    I am on Gladden and very much enjoy the community. People are friendly and helpful (with a few exceptions, of course!). However, Gladden is not big on raiding and pvp. There is some of both on Gladden, but if that is your focus in playing the game, you would probably be happier on Arkenstone.

    You might want to roll a toon on a few servers and hang out during the time of day when you'll be playing. You can get a feel for the 'flavour' of the server community. You could also ask questions in world chat to see if the server would be a good match for your play style.

    And welcome back to the game - it's a wonderful journey playing this game!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,311
    I think Brandywine is still the most populated server. Lots of Russians moved there when the Russian server shut down, I'm told. Arkenstone is the unofficial raiding/PvP server if those are important to you. I play on Landroval, it seems pretty well populated and friendly. It leans toward role-playing but there's plenty of room for normal play as well.

    Welcome back!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,432

    Lightbulb

    Welcome back to LOTRO!

    Best way to know on what 1 you want to be, in is spy all servers 1st on a alt. My favorite is Gladden if you wish to know, for the same reasons that Aeroniel just numbered.

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,406
    Welcome back to Middle-Earth, buffalobob1!

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    29
    Welcome back, I'm in the same boat

  9. #9
    sheesh, it takes awhile to download this all again from scratch.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North East US
    Posts
    2,743
    Welcome back, OP. I just returned as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by xleatherneck View Post
    sheesh, it takes awhile to download this all again from scratch.
    Yeah, it's painful. The first download of the client is fine. But it's the patching that's a pain. I hope SSG rolls all of their patches into the main client download sooner rather than later. The patching was exponentially longer than the client download.


    PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl | Torval, Bornhald, Juilin

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    Welcome back, OP. I just returned as well.


    Yeah, it's painful. The first download of the client is fine. But it's the patching that's a pain. I hope SSG rolls all of their patches into the main client download sooner rather than later. The patching was exponentially longer than the client download.
    That would help alot. Finally all patched up. Going to try Gladden per suggestions from you guys. See you in middle earth.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North East US
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by xleatherneck View Post
    That would help alot. Finally all patched up. Going to try Gladden per suggestions from you guys. See you in middle earth.
    On a side note...

    After patching you can save that folder with the 27.8 GB of files to another location on your system (or even a thumbdrive or whatever) and then re-use it if you wanted a clean install or to install on another system. To do that, just perform the base install from the live installer file, then interrupt the client download process and copy every thing over to that new install location. The next time the client launcher runs, it will sync up and patch anything that has changed since then.


    PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl | Torval, Bornhald, Juilin

  13. #13
    If I am given a chance I would also like to go with that but generally, I would like to choose PC to have this thing we do not need to do all the stuff required to setup it.

  14. #14

    127 files to go

    Hello
    Wish all of you a warm Happy New Year.

    I'm still downloading the game files and I shan't be done until tomorrow. Do to my slow nature in the online world. Could you advice me on a place were life is a snail place?

    I'm a grandfather DSL 1024kbps/768kbps copper wire. Very busy server isn't nice to me. I'm a very glitchy avatar when there are more than 200 players online. At lease I give you folk time to find my question.

    Regards Redscarelett

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,397
    If you are in Europe, there are 5 servers for Europe, they are Evernight and Laurelin (EN), Sirannon (FR), Gwaihir and Belegar (DE)

    You can make a character on each server, and ask in the World Chat of that server about the server. You can also ask in the Server Forum off of the Main Forum Listing page.

    You can do the same for the US and Canada Servers: Brandywin, Gladden, Landroval, Crickhollow and Arkenstone. Crickhollow and Arkenstone are busy servers.

    As for being a Grandfather; I'm a Great Grandfather (69) and there are quite a few older players, so age is not an issue.

    LOTRO is a low data rate game, so your internet service may not be as bad as you think, at least I hope so. Now, when you update the game, your pipe size (DSL) will be an issue in that it will take a long time to download and update.

    Welcome to LOTRO. I and many others wish you a good time and many friends...
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; Dec 30 2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  16. #16

    Thank You Gandolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    If you are in Europe, there are 5 servers for Europe, they are Evernight and Laurelin (EN), Sirannon (FR), Gwaihir and Belegar (DE)

    You can make a character on each server, and ask in the World Chat of that server about the server. You can also ask in the Server Forum off of the Main Forum Listing page.

    You can do the same for the US and Canada Servers: Brandywin, Gladden, Landroval, Crickhollow and Arkenstone. Crickhollow and Arkenstone are busy servers.

    As for being a Grandfather; I'm a Great Grandfather (69) and there are quite a few older players, so age is not an issue.

    LOTRO is a low data rate game, so your internet service may not be as bad as you think, at least I hope so. Now, when you update the game, your pipe size (DSL) will be an issue in that it will take a long time to download and update.

    Welcome to LOTRO. I and many others wish you a good time and many friends...
    Sir Gandolf. It an Honor to meet a young Great Grandfather (69). My dad is also like yourself (87), but I'm not even married yet.(60) Grandfather DSL is a notice from my ISP. That my account is old, it is Verizon circa 2004. Now Verizon did flew the coop and Frontier the new fox.

    Since you have honed knowledge in these matter in question. I sense that Landroval might be a snail place for me. Brandywin has a college frat place and Gladden scared place. I hope my choice isn't poor. May I ask for your opinion?
    Regards Redscarelett

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,397
    Make an alt on each server and read chat and ask around then make your pick.

    As for which race, gender, and class try them all. Make one raise it to level 20 or 30 or so do not like it delete it and try another.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Redscarelett View Post
    Sir Gandolf. It an Honor to meet a young Great Grandfather (69). My dad is also like yourself (87), but I'm not even married yet.(60) Grandfather DSL is a notice from my ISP. That my account is old, it is Verizon circa 2004. Now Verizon did flew the coop and Frontier the new fox.

    Since you have honed knowledge in these matter in question. I sense that Landroval might be a snail place for me. Brandywin has a college frat place and Gladden scared place. I hope my choice isn't poor. May I ask for your opinion?
    Regards Redscarelett
    Gladden a scared place?!!

    ~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload