We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting and Questing Levelling Guide

Hi Everyone,

I am a returning player with a Level 21 Ministrel and Level 19 Lorekeeper. I also want to try the Runekeeper. I have all the expansions up to Helm's Deep and apprentice lvl in Explorer, Tinker and Historian professions.

1. Are there any up to date levelling guides for the Explorer, Tinker and Historian professions ie I would like to know how and where to get mats for recipes and the best way to lvl up each profession.
    2. I am currently questing in Breelands and Northern Barren Downs. What are the best areas to level up in until I get to the Helm's deep expansion. I am a premium player and thinking of subbing for a month to unlock all the vip goodies.

Thanks for your help

Generally you want explorer to be your primary highest level character. He can harvest ore nodes and make ingots for metalsmith, weaponsmith and jeweler, harvest wood nodes for woodworker, killa animals for tailor pelts, and humanoids/undead for scholar stuff. Tier 1 materials drop from mobs below lvl12, and ore/wood nodes are in those areas.

Get universal toolkit from store. Best.tool option until lvl 55.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Generally you want explorer to be your primary highest level character. He can harvest ore nodes and make ingots for metalsmith, weaponsmith and jeweler, harvest wood nodes for woodworker, killa animals for tailor pelts, and humanoids/undead for scholar stuff. Tier 1 materials drop from mobs below lvl12, and ore/wood nodes are in those areas.

Get universal toolkit from store. Best.tool option until lvl 55.
    I agree. I made the mistake of starting with a Historian/Scholar and later decided that my primary should be an Explorer. Then he collects for my other characters but is still my #1 Tailor.

Tier 1: starter areas, transitions at levels 12 to 14
    Tier 2: Bree-land, transitions at levels 22 to 24
    Tier 3: Lone-lands, North-Downs, Evendim; transitions at levels 32 to 34
    Tier 4: Trollshaws, Misty Mountains; transitions at levels 42 to 44
    Tier 5: Angmar, Eregion, Forochel; transitions at level 52
    Tier 6: Moria, Enedwaith, Lothlorien, Southern Mirkwood; transitions at level 66 to 68
    Tier 7: Dunland, Great River
    Tier 8: Eastern Rohan, Wildermore
    Tier 9: Western Rohan, Fangorn, Western Gondor, Central Gondor; transitions at level 100
    Tier 10: Eastern Gondor, Old Anorien, Far Anorien; Ithilien and the Wastes have special ones that I call tier 10b
    Tier 11: Udun, Dor Amarth, Lhingris, Talath Urui, Agarnaith; with Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands having ones that I call tier 11b
    Tier 12: Iron Hills and Grey Mountains

In transition areas, you may get mats from adjoining tiers (1 and 2, 2 and 3, etc).
    Scholar mats drop from humanoid enemies, as well as from tier specific nodes. Treasure nodes may drop mats, too; so loot chests, corpses, back-packs; and in zones 100+, you may get the special Wastes ones from treasure nodes, too.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Adding to the previous post, you have "crafting instances" too at different levels, Moria, Hytbold, the Entwood, the Wastes, Mordor, Grey Mountains for example. Normally you unlock this crafting instances (good for to get resources) after playing a quest chain in the area.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...ting_Instances

Wiki have a lot of info about crafting:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Crafting

Sergio :-)
    Last edited by Olgomil; Oct 28 2018 at 12:29 PM.
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!