We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Undocumented changes that have happened in U23.1

Hammer-Down
    • Despite losing the benefit of the legacy, it's damage increased (tooltip yesterday was 30k, now it's 32k)

Flash of Light
    • Damage got increased CONSIDERABLY! We're talking 10-11k hits on heavy moors dummy

This damage dealt appears to be level scaled and is not affected by weapon damage, mastery or legacies.
      Previous damage was in around 1500-1800 range.
    Last edited by zipfile; Oct 17 2018 at 10:41 PM.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Hammer down damage change from patch notes:
    Reactive Parry Damage no longer incorrectly boosts Hammer Down damage. Hammer Down's base damage has been increased to compensate for the difference.
    Wouldn't call that one undocumented.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Hammer-Down
    • Despite losing the benefit of the legacy, it's damage increased (tooltip yesterday was 30k, now it's 32k)

Flash of Light
    • Damage got increased CONSIDERABLY! We're talking 10-11k hits on heavy moors dummy

This damage dealt appears to be level scaled and is not affected by weapon damage, mastery or legacies.
    Haven't had time to check the changes myself yet. So how's aoe dps in yellow with the change to flash of light, guess it has the potential to be quite good now (if i recall correctly flash of light could be radiated?).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Hammer down damage change from patch notes:

Wouldn't call that one undocumented.
    I could've sworn it wasn't in there when I made the thread...cause I was comparing notes and traits furiously after the parry response CD bugs.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    Haven't had time to check the changes myself yet. So how's aoe dps in yellow with the change to flash of light, guess it has the potential to be quite good now (if i recall correctly flash of light could be radiated?).
    Yes, I parsed 50k on a larger gimmerdeep pull before first boss, but I wasn't main tanking.

Now that core yellow heal and flash of light got worked on, I can start to see red line as single target and yellow as an aoe-oriented line.

I think it would be good if yellow line didn't have the threat passive bonus of tank lines. If yellow is NOT intended to be main tank by devs, then passive bonus is not needed, because to save healer from stray ads, engage/fray/challenge can get the job done. I say this because you could go dps (AoE) dps in yellow line, but with passive bonusthreat that can be a wipe, stealing aggro from main tank. So then yellow can be used as an off-tank and as an AoE dps. More useful debuffs could be the ice on the cake, but don't really needed.

Devs declaration of intentions with yellow line would be nice to know, but I think with this "simple" tweak, yellow line can be finally in an usable and logical role.

By the way, why Flash of Light is not affected by Light Damage legacy? It makes no sense. Bug or WAI?

Quote Originally Posted by Fermongu View Post
    By the way, why Flash of Light is not affected by Light Damage legacy? It makes no sense. Bug or WAI?
    I am not sure, to be honest, but I guess that it now deals enough damage so it doesn't even matter

Bumping in case Vastin notices and confirms if this is WAI or not.

Hammer-Down

Flash of Light

Prior to 23.1.1 I was also around 10-11k "High Light Damage" hits from yellow-line. Changing nothing, but now that 23.1.1 is out, it's 4-5k. Anyone noticing the same? I feel like it had some promise before this.

Flash of Light damage go reduced

Was fun while it lasted, back to red line.....

Never mind stats, there is a whole HILL missing in the Vale of Thain. I am glad I wasnt parked on top of it when the servers were taken down.

Also found a cluster of resources in a Lone Lands Eglain quest are now buried inside a rockface and a boulder, plus a huge lump of gold ore floating in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Never mind stats, there is a whole HILL missing in the Vale of Thain. I am glad I wasnt parked on top of it when the servers were taken down.

Also found a cluster of resources in a Lone Lands Eglain quest are now buried inside a rockface and a boulder, plus a huge lump of gold ore floating in the air.
    I am unsure if this is a joke, but this thread is for Guardian specific changes and I would like it to stay relevant to it.

I am unsure if this is a joke, but this thread is for Guardian specific changes and I would like it to stay relevant to it.
    Sorry, I missed that bit; the thread popped up under "New Posts"; one of a dozen+ talking about the new update - much of which is either stupid or broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Sorry, I missed that bit; the thread popped up under "New Posts"; one of a dozen+ talking about the new update - much of which is either stupid or broken.
    Not a problem, happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermongu View Post
    Now that core yellow heal and flash of light got worked on, I can start to see red line as single target and yellow as an aoe-oriented line.

I think it would be good if yellow line didn't have the threat passive bonus of tank lines. If yellow is NOT intended to be main tank by devs, then passive bonus is not needed, because to save healer from stray ads, engage/fray/challenge can get the job done. I say this because you could go dps (AoE) dps in yellow line, but with passive bonusthreat that can be a wipe, stealing aggro from main tank. So then yellow can be used as an off-tank and as an AoE dps. More useful debuffs could be the ice on the cake, but don't really needed.

Devs declaration of intentions with yellow line would be nice to know, but I think with this "simple" tweak, yellow line can be finally in an usable and logical role.
    How much have things changed for guardians in the time I was away if you can steal aggro from the main tank without using force taunts. Does this happen often now?
    Vundrak - Rank 12 Reaver / Corruptpresent - Rank 11 Warleader / Corruptmedicus - Rank 8 Defiler / Kolostomy - Rank 9 Blackarrow : Landroval
    Rognomli - Rank 8 Guardian / Synexia - LvL 115 Hunter / Raiker - LvL 100 Minstrel / Lacet - LvL 100 Warden : Arkenstone