We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Overwhelm and Whirling Retaliation cooldowns are broken

Congratulations, you broke the cooldowns of skills you didn't even work on!

When you use Whirling Retaliation, it puts both itself and Overwhelm on cooldown.
    When you use Overwhelm, it puts itself and Whirling on cooldown.

Can you address this as soon as possible because it breaks the gameplay of the parry responses completely, which are a paramount to a good rotation?
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Yeah, it might have been cool to fix these bugs when the Guardian was undergoing its changes, but to do it in a hotfix with no testing and no feedback... We have a history of receiving "fixes" that only further break the class.
    Landroval: Tolvat (120 Guardian), Gelldir (115 Warden), Gloravon (115 Captain), Curwe (115 Champion), Glamdir (115 Rune-keeper)

hotfix for a hotfix for a hotfix for a hotfix incoming
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post
    Can we please get a +BLUE to chime in?
    I hope for tonight, but it's getting late.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

Guess what...After the hotfix of the hotfix, the bug is still here today. They did not fix anything. And we can think of other things too, like, still if you get stunned immediately after you use thrill of danger, bring on the pain heal does not work (which I never saw to be in known issues). And if I remember correctly, when they raised the cd of challenge, they said that they will do that with all aoe aggro cds in game, which ofc they did not, they only "fixed" challenge.

After all these facts and many more, even if I would like to beleive that they just are clueless of how to fix guardian's bugs and not create more, I cannot anymore. I strongly beleive that they do all those things on purpose. I just do not know which is that purpose. Maybe a blue name can tell us. Cause it is either incompetence or intention, there is not a third option.

But ofc, how can we protest, when there is still the beorning, which was promised that it would have been "fixed" by now.....And the story goes on and on....

Overall, ...well....I don't know. I guess...congratualations SSG for u23??

Still no response

During today's stream (5h40m) I probably felt the whirling / overwhelm cooldown bug 3-5 times, or at most once per hour.

The bug is definitely most expected to occur when you are fighting 2-3 enemies with decent morale pools. I would say at least half to two-thirds of the time I screwed up my rotation because of this bug.

You have to think really hard while fighting 2-3 enemies to adjust your rotation in order to not screw up your bleeds.

Most notably;

Retaliation into Thrust
    --> parry response opens from parrying an attack...
    Since Retaliation is on cooldown I instinctively use Whirling and then go to use Overwhelm but BAM!! it's on cooldown now because of using Whirling.

It is definitely annoying but it's not game breaking either.
    A workaround is Retaliation > Thrust > War-chant > Retaliation > Overwhelm.

It's not a perfect solution but it does work when fighting a few enemies.

Obviously this is a bug that needs to get fixed, and honestly shouldn't be that difficult to fix, it was likely just a side effect of editing Guardian code in the latest patches. Hopefully a +DEV or community manager will take notice of this thread soon.

*edit: I would also like to note that in today's stream I experienced the Catch a Breath cooldown bug twice as much as this bug and unlike this bug, the CaB cooldown bug nearly caused me to die every single time if not for my quick thinking to save my bacon from burning.

No mention of the fixes in the patch notes...

Still not fixed....

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Still not fixed....
    But they fixed the game breaking pet issue. Makes me want to play the new LS....not