We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New slow levelling group

I recently returned to the game and I would like to join a slowtro style group however it seems the most active ones are quite a way into the game. I have noticed a few people mention in world chat about wanting to join a group, So I thought I would post this here to guage the interest (or perhaps there is a one already started that is no further along than say level 20 that has passed me by)

EDIT:
    We are Just about raise our level cap to 32 covering The Lone Lands and North Downs.

Join our discord to stay up to date https://discord.gg/eNm2aY8

Our journey together will begin on the 7th November (after the festival has finished) When we all meet up at the Prancing pony in bree, what actions led you there is your story, what follows will be our adventures.

To guide us through Middle Earth we will follow the Epic book quests starting with Book 1 Chapter 1 at the Prancing Pony in Bree (level 15) our first hard level cap will be level 20 (so don't worry if you are already there)
    Players can either quest together as a group following the Epic book quest line, completing side quests and deeds in the area as you go. Or Just join in for the culminating instances/raids at the end of each book/area.
    Progression - When all or the majority of players are ready to advance to the next season, the level caps will be increased by group consensus,

Group nights to be confirmed

Season 1 - Stirrings in the Darkness (Book 1)
    Starts: 7th November (TBC)
    Level cap: 20

Group Rules:
    1. Players should respect the stated level cap for each session
    2. Players should purchase a stone of the tortoise (experience disabler) from the lotro store (100 LP)
    3. There are no restrictions on weapons or armour as the game does this already. However, for legendary items from Moria players should wait till the point that the group moves on to that section.
    4. In game chat is geared towards role play (light) for OOC if necessary whilst in the chat channel please use brackets
    5. Players should join the discord channel and in game user chat channel
    6. Character stories encouraged
    7. Enjoy

If you are interested join us on discord, reply here or pm me here.
    Last edited by Kit_uk; Dec 01 2018 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Updating information

I'm definitely up for it. I have two low level toons ready!

Great well thats at least two of us
    I have a LM just out of the starting area, but I would be happy to start another class if needed.
    I mainly play as Finndan hit me up in game some time

I have a guardian and a hunter, but I still have to decide which one turn into my main. I'll definitely hit you up tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_uk View Post
    I recently returned to the game and I would like to join a slowtro style group however it seems the most active ones are quite a way into the game. I have noticed a few people mention in world chat about wanting to join a group, So I thought I would post this here to guage the interest (or perhaps there is a one already started that is no further along than say level 20 that has passed me by).

If you would be interested in starting, joining or help run such a group or kin leave a post (I say group because it doesn't specifically have to have everybody in one kin)
    As the founder of the first "stone of the tortoise" leveling group . . . Club Éclair on Landroval . . . I would like to say . . .

This is an EXCELLENT time to start a new group.

With the added difficulty at lower levels from Update 23, it is possible to have adventures again at lower levels. For my tastes, it is certainly better to have new content to adventure through every few weeks, as opposed to rushing to the level cap and doing the same things over and over again. Turbine put a lot of work into those earlier parts of the game, and it is a part of the purchase price. Might as well enjoy them as they were meant to be enjoyed. It is much better when leveling to have for such things as the Great Barrow, Garth Agarwen, Fornost, Dol Dinen, Annuminus, and the like.

I feel a pull to start such a group myself, but I do not have the time. My time is allotted to Club Éclair. We have been going for nearly 6 years. We are currently at level 51 and are 1 month into Moria. We have about 20 players (28 characters). We had enough people that we were able to complete raids like Helegrod and The Rift when we came to them.

I would like to suggest a couple of things.

(1) You may want to advertise this more widely. A good group can attract people from a number of servers - and the more the better. Club Éclair has transfers from a number of servers who created new characters.

(2) I would suggest at least two meeting times - one convenient to Europeans and a second convenient to Americans. You will get more players that way, and some will cross over (running players in both groups). More players is better.

(3) Accommodate a variety of play styles. Club Éclair is focused on role-playing. However, we have raiders who follow along, keeping to the group level cap, so that when we come to group content (e.g., Helegrod, The Rift), they show up to help fill up our numbers. They will magically appear when our group reaches The Vile Maw and Dar Narbugud.

All three of these suggestions have to do with attracting more people.

One more I would have is:

(4) Set the rules early. Let people know what they will be getting themselves into. This will help people decide if they would like to join. Otherwise, the uncertainty will keep many away who would have otherwise signed up. Or cause them to soon leave because what they found was not what they wanted.

I wish you the best of luck.[/I]
    Last edited by Tiempko; Oct 17 2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Thanks Tiempko, that is very much appreciated and valuable advice.

US player here - I'd be interested in joining such a group, sounds like fun!

I'd be interested. I have several low level characters, but could also start a new one if needs be

Quote Originally Posted by lokerola View Post
    US player here - I'd be interested in joining such a group, sounds like fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdBreakfast View Post
    I'd be interested. I have several low level characters, but could also start a new one if needs be
    Great, a few more. Well we can start planning and get some more advertising done to attract more people, I think we will aim to start after the festival has finished but more details to come later once a few things have been worked out.

What times would be best for you all to play at?

I will set up a discord server later and post details here, then people can join and stay up to date, in the mean time my discord id Kituk#4470

I'm mostly present in the evenings, 20.00/22.00 (CET+1). I'll add you on Discord!

I can usually be on around 8:00pm - 10:00pm, UK time (currently GMT+1 due to daylight savings, switching to GMT on the 28th Oct).

I am interested in joining. I plan on creating a Warden to tank or dps if needed.

I will say that I have a lvl cap character currently grinding through the endgame so my playtime with the group may be limited. But maybe after the festival things will be different.

Looking forward to many adventures!

Smile

Quick question - will it be an rp-based group as well as slow levelling? ie, a "slow-levelling roleplay adventure club" as the other groups bill themselves?

That idea has always appealed to me

Quick question - will it be an rp-based group as well as slow levelling? ie, a "slow-levelling roleplay adventure club" as the other groups bill themselves?

I'm just about to start the game for the first time and I was looking for a Kin and a way to get into rp easily, so if there's a way to do it like that...I sure as hell am in (Actually either way I'm in, I still need a group to lvl with xD)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf21x View Post
    I am interested in joining. I plan on creating a Warden to tank or dps if needed.

I will say that I have a lvl cap character currently grinding through the endgame so my playtime with the group may be limited. But maybe after the festival things will be different.

Looking forward to many adventures!
    I don't think anything will be starting before the festival is over, we are planning at the moment and getting numbers up. I too have level cap toons and also doing the same.

Yes light RP as I am new to RP myself but I am happy to go with the majority on this as I believe it will be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeTymothe View Post
    I'm just about to start the game for the first time and I was looking for a Kin and a way to get into rp easily, so if there's a way to do it like that...I sure as hell am in (Actually either way I'm in, I still need a group to lvl with xD)
    It would be great to have you along. One thing I have seen and heard from new players is that they miss out on the old/lower level content in the game. Which is a shame because I love the early game content. It will be slow leveling so one of the rules is you will not be able to progress past a certain point till a set time. I am currently working up some rules etc and will post them soon.

It would be great to get as many people as possible. In the mean time I have set up a temporary discord server (link below) to make it easier for people to stay intouch and discuss how we are going to run this. Please join and we can start to get things moving.

Discord https://discord.gg/eNm2aY8

First post edited with more information

If you are interested in joinging us on our adventures please get in touch.
    Either reply here, PM me here or join our discord.

Discord https://discord.gg/eNm2aY8

Kit . . . . I answered your post iffen you want to check your private messages.

Good luck on your adventures.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

As a long time player (coming close to 10 years now) I've never actually looked at group content. I'm one of those wanderers of the beautiful world that is Lotro . However that doesn't mean I'm not interested in the group content, I'm just not a big fan of randomly tagging along with people my character has no bond with .

The kin I was (am) in never took much of an interest in group stuff so if I can, after all these years, finally savour some of it coupled with some fun RP I'd say sign me up!

My main character I play these days is Althred, a stout Warden. However as I said before: when the kin was active (years ago) group content wasn't exactly top of the bill, these days I am online alone most of the time so, once again, RP and group content is off the table .

I joined the Discord channel (Alaunus) and will bugger you there if I got more questions .

We have just increased our level cap to 32 and we are covering the Lone Lands and The North Downs and all they have to offer.

We are still recruiting so if you are interested then contact us on discord or in game