We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Man or High Elf for min-maxing?

I know race choice has a pretty small impact overall, but I'm a minmaxer and I like both Men and High Elves equally. Which of these two races benefits a Lore-master most?

It looks like both races have the same Will bonus and bonus to sword damage.

Men receive 5% more healing and a buff to their fellowship's morale with a 33% uptime.

High Elves do 5% more Light type damage and a 5% buff to their fellowship's damage for 10 seconds every 10 minutes.

At first they looked about equal to me but I read that Lore-masters have only one or two skills that deal Light type damage.

If that's the case, I find myself leaning toward Man. It seems like they provide a tiny bit more group utility and they may be a tiny bit more survivable than High Elves for tougher solo content.

Am I missing anything? Is the High Elf run speed boost so good it wins by default? :P

Thanks!

At end game it does not matter Man or Elf, so play which ever you wish.

LMs primary damage type is Tactical, primarily Fire with Lightening coming in second. Our biggest boom is a lightening skill that can affect up to 8 targets if traited else a max of 5. While our fire skills are DoT type damage causing the largest total damage amounts. We have only one skill for on the move Wizards Fire; everything else we have to stand still to cast. We depend on our pets for additional damage, special buffs and support, tanking and pulling.

Oh, one last thing, LMs are the squishiest of the squishy.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone87 View Post
    I read that Lore-masters have only one or two skills that deal Light type damage.
    Lm has 4 light skill + 1 while traited yellow:

• flank bonus damage on staff strike
    • staff damage on staff sweeo
    • light of rising dawn
    • reflect on Wisdom of the Council
    • test of will (granted when choosing yellow tree)

While you can use staff strikes quite offen, their damage is minimal. Reflect on WofC is way too low. Damage on other two is ok, but they are stun skills, thus they have long cd (30s, 1min).

To your question, I would look at it this way: Do you want to be more aggressive -> more damage? Then high elf. Do you want to be more defensive? Then man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    At end game it does not matter Man or Elf, so play which ever you wish.

Our biggest boom is a lightening skill that can affect up to 8 targets if traited else a max of 5.

Never heard of and never saw possbility to hit 8 targets. I am pretty sure there is no trait for it, but there might be a set for it? Can you, please, fill me in?
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.