We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah Mournar could be farmed but you'd get like one Shard per twenty or so Chests. Then you'd need a 20 Mule team to drag all those Resources out and had enough crops to feed a nation.

50 Ingots for a piece of jewelry. We must be real butterfingers to require a ton of Ironfold Ingots to produce a 4 oz. item.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

The last properly done crafting tier was Tier 9, although I admit I *do* find Tier 10 gear useful when bringing an alt through Gondor rather than grinding for better lvl 100 or 105 gear. I doubt I'll waste my time on any Tier 12 crafting beyond processing to get maxed out, especially since I'm not about to pay almost 2k LP for the new region just to get the crafting instances.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 111 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 120 | Bindore dwarf hunter 107

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 115 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 102

Quote Originally Posted by williamdud3 View Post
    churr my bruvs waiting for the update but it's taking ages ae get some better internets for us down here churr cuz fkn oath, duckies at 4 u inbred Maoris zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz
    Interesting vid in background... your favourite scene or do you regularly watch videos like that in full length? I mean... thats cinema-times... usually, people dont need so long...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Its crazy needing shards for the 'normal first level stuff'. These used to be used for special recps, and used to be exciting to get one, knowhing you could craft an updated piece of armour.

I have ran round collecting ores, wood, but in all this time have only obtained two of these shards. Just crazy.

The Kindred Rep requirement and then the material requirement for these items is INSANE. They should have auto-granted some decent recipes for each craft for those of us with alts that just want half way decent armour, but don't want to run group instances or buy keys to open boxes. This is a HUGE letdown. The only crafts worth using right now are Jeweller for Hope Tokens, Scholar for Lore and Potions, and Cook at this point. This needs a redo SSG!

Also, why is the damage types for weapons by weaponsmiths Common? That makes them useless.
    Last edited by Ark_Guard; Oct 19 2018 at 04:00 PM.
    “You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.” –Max Lucado

Eventually, unless they up the drop rate of dwarrowgleam fragments, they will be the prime limiting factor. Especially once instance gear (370s) goes on ember vendors, people will run the reclaiming grey quests mainly for embers. And using up the fragments for embers craft quests. Around that point, dwarrowmarks and dwarf-iron fragments will start getting real cheap on the AH.

Just a note to say that the "Reclaiming The Grey" meta-quest for the resource instances has three stages and no indication that it is repeatable, but after finishing the final version of it on Friday (I didn't run the resource instances on Saturday), I'm now back at the first version on Sunday. I'm guessing the meta-quest chain is repeatable but haven't had it repeat enough times to be sure of the pattern yet (weekly?). The final version of "Reclaiming the Grey" had a very disappointing "critting item" as it's special reward. It's not like Ironfold bits of pure ore, pieces of bark or candles are that hard to make from dropped mob loot or landscape resource nodes.

I have not picked up any of the special Dwarrowmark or Dwarf-Iron fragments as general loot from solo instance runs, so a way to get these items regularly while solo was a topic of concern, but if Reclaiming the Grey is regularly repeatable then soloists can get them. It will take time, but it looks like soloists don't have to spend an arm and a leg getting them from AH or trying to get into group instance runs.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    Just a note to say that the "Reclaiming The Grey" meta-quest for the resource instances has three stages and no indication that it is repeatable, but after finishing the final version of it on Friday (I didn't run the resource instances on Saturday), I'm now back at the first version on Sunday. I'm guessing the meta-quest chain is repeatable but haven't had it repeat enough times to be sure of the pattern yet (weekly?). The final version of "Reclaiming the Grey" had a very disappointing "critting item" as it's special reward. It's not like Ironfold bits of pure ore, pieces of bark or candles are that hard to make from dropped mob loot or landscape resource nodes.

I have not picked up any of the special Dwarrowmark or Dwarf-Iron fragments as general loot from solo instance runs, so a way to get these items regularly while solo was a topic of concern, but if Reclaiming the Grey is regularly repeatable then soloists can get them. It will take time, but it looks like soloists don't have to spend an arm and a leg getting them from AH or trying to get into group instance runs.
    To me, "Reclaiming The Grey" failed early on Sunday, looks like it's just reset somewhere between saturday and sunda

If Reclaiming the Grey resets again next weekend then it looks like it's a weekly repeatable quest chain. My first run through the chain gave me a shard on quest 1, a special ingredient (Dwarrowmark/Dwarf-iron frag) on quest 2 and a basic critting item on quest 3. I'm back at quest 1 with a shard indicated in the rewards. With the fourth resource instance available (Withered Heath which has ore, wood and scholar nodes all in the same instance), even without completing any of the optional bosses that's 12 objectives for Reclaiming the Grey that can be completed solo in a single day, and Reclaiming the Grey requires 20 completed objectives to advance the meta-quest chain.

The critting item rewarded in RtG-3 is a standard critting item (bit of pure ore, piece of bark, candle). Anyone collecting landscape resource nodes will have the mats to make this critting item, and the same mats do drop as mob loot, so to me this is a redundant reward. The rewards from quests 1 and 2 are far more valuable and will require completing 40 RtG objectives per week. With 12 - 16 RtG objectives available daily, you can complete RtG 1 & 2 for their rewards every week by doing 10 to 14 resource instances per week (10 instances per week if you complete the optional boss in every run, 14 instances per week if you don't).

This does assume that Reclaiming the Grey resets weekly.

Assuming 1 shard and 1 special item per week from RtG, let's see how long it takes to craft gear.
    All types of armour need 3 shards and 1 special item. 2 shards per week from some other source to make 1 armour piece per week.
    Six armour pieces, plus a cloak, plus a shield for some classes. 7 - 8 weeks for a full set of crafted armour.

Jewellery needs 2 shards and 1 special item, so 1 shard per week from another source to make 1 jewellery piece per week.
    Seven jewellery pieces, plus a pocket item. 8 weeks for a full set.

Instruments only need 1 shard and wood, no special item required.
    1 instrument per week.

Offhand weapons only need 1 special item and ingots, no shards, but the damage type is Common.
    1 weapon per week.

In the case of a minstrel (because they use a shield AND an instrument), a complete set of crafted gear will take 17 weeks if you rely on getting all your Dwarrowmarks/Dwarf-Iron fragments from repeating Reclaiming the Grey as a soloist. This assumes no ember bartered gear. For a class that uses a non-LI bow, you'll have to barter embers for that, there are no level 120 crafted bows.

A full set of crafted gear only has 5 essence slots. If you want more slots, you'll have to barter embers for gear with more slots or run group instances for loot gear with more slots.
    Last edited by GarethB; Oct 21 2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

This is a bit incorrect. RtG 1 and 2 both award dwarrowmarks. Which means 2 crafts per week possible.

You also want to do the third quest for 500 embers.

Fragments needed for some crafts (tailor chest, shoulders, head; jeweler neck and some rings/earrings; scholar pocket) drop in 3/6 man instances. And since gear dropping in those is generally better than crafted, people are going to sell them. Also, people who gear in instances will still run RtG for embers, generating dwarrowmarks they will not need. Most shards will be used for embers weekly quest as well.

Shortly after U23 launch, Crickhollow AH had dwarrowmarks for 600g, fragments for 1000g. Yesterday, it was 200g for marks, 350g for fragments. I suspect before long, you will see both dip into sub-50 price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    Yeah Mournar could be farmed but you'd get like one Shard per twenty or so Chests. Then you'd need a 20 Mule team to drag all those Resources out and had enough crops to feed a nation.

50 Ingots for a piece of jewelry. We must be real butterfingers to require a ton of Ironfold Ingots to produce a 4 oz. item.
    you really dont know why?
    its the dwarf update dude!
    they dig deep.....in our pockets!
    they want their treasure of old taken by the dragons
    someone has to pay their expencees!
    you dont really expect the dwarves to spend a coin from their vaults?
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Dwarrowgleam shards is scholar nodes?

My main is an historian, and I have mined over 400 scholar nodes without a single shard dropping. It is hard not to feel that SSG is once again punishing scholars. I realize that I can loot corpses, backpacks, and wooden chests, but I have only gotten a single shard out of the chests. (The few other shards I have received have come from the crafting boxes I have received in the resources instances and used for my weapon smith.) How is a scholar supposed to acquire the insane number of shards required if they aren't dropping in the scholar nodes?

Ironfold Crafting recipes are ridiculous. I thought Doomfold was bad with their dumb 18-hour cooldown item, but this is for the birds. We need a set of craftable purple gear that doesn't require you to endlessly grind dailies. Like all the other tiers before had.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by MolagBal View Post
    Hello,
    Now EVERY single piece of purple item (jewels & armor) is asking for "2 Dwarrowgleam Shards" + "Dwarrowmark / Dwarf-iron Fragment" + Lot of comp like 50 ingots....
    Moreover, you need to buy the recipe.
    Right? What I'd like to know is, who in their right minds believes that 50 ingots, at a total of about 1/2 ton (iron ingots weigh approximately 20 lbs each) make a ring?! That is one HEAVY ring! I don't believe even Mr. T. could wear that ring & expect to not lose a finger or three! The same weight issue goes for all other armor & weaponry made in T12.
    It's beyond fantasy.

Signing this up. The new craft is made with the intention of pushing you towards keys. As the new essence grind is.

And where, I am sorry to ask, ARE NEW EDHELHARN TOKENS?? We do we have to return to 95lvl lsndscape for a stack of currently needed consumables?? Why is rating increase on battle/warding lore scrolls@120lvl is so meager? Why is morale bonus on 120lvl captain banners LOWER than on previous tier??
    Kelewon, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by renlisiegfried View Post
    My main is an historian, and I have mined over 400 scholar nodes without a single shard dropping. It is hard not to feel that SSG is once again punishing scholars. I realize that I can loot corpses, backpacks, and wooden chests, but I have only gotten a single shard out of the chests. (The few other shards I have received have come from the crafting boxes I have received in the resources instances and used for my weapon smith.) How is a scholar supposed to acquire the insane number of shards required if they aren't dropping in the scholar nodes?
    I did the embers craft quest 3x (21 shards), got about 7 pieces crafted (another 16) and got 8 shards on my now. Aside from the 6 shards I got from RtG quests, nearly all shards came from corpses/backpacks/chests. My Explorer main probably cleared out 600+ wood and ore nodes, and got at most 3 shards from these. However, when doing the Ungoladan slayer deed and just running around their camp, there is a single backpack respawning every few minutes. By the time I finished the slayer deed, I got 4 shards just from that backpack.

For the record, I don't recall getting a single shard from those regular RtG craft boxes. (except the rares you get for finishing RtG 1 and 2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2