We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ironfold Hide: What happened to drop rate?

The hide per kill drop rate seems much lower than other regions. Other kinnies feel the same. Hallucinating or a real drop? Looks like leveling crafts is going to take far longer in the new area.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    The hide per kill drop rate seems much lower than other regions. Other kinnies feel the same. Hallucinating or a real drop? Looks like leveling crafts is going to take far longer in the new area.
    Well, you do get a lot of time to finish the stuff in. Only need to get up to critting halfway to begin with!

What irks me is there is no new guild tier despite guild suddenly being a requirement to do one mote and one ember quest.

Friend deals with lower droprates by bringing a second account on /follow. Maybe you can do something similar to increase the loot gain?

The issue is better hide droppers are either non aggro or tucked away in remote areas. Go hunt rams and cows in Iron Hills.

Checked tonight: cows around Jangovar town in Iron hills very easy to kill and almost always drop 2 hides.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    The issue is better hide droppers are either non aggro or tucked away in remote areas. Go hunt rams and cows in Iron Hills.
    Trust me, that's not a new concept, it's something we've been doing since the game game out. I kill 'em all and see what happens. The totals still seem very low compared to previous zones and to ore/branches.

However, it doesn't seem as terrible as people say finding scholar mats now is. I'm not starting my scholars for a while, this new area is so boring, so hopefully they'll fix that one before they head in.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Checked tonight: cows around Jangovar town in Iron hills very easy to kill and almost always drop 2 hides.
    Nope, not in my experience. I've been killing them and goats, checking drops. Get plenty of the non-task item drop, a good number of the task items, and far too rarely a hide. I've never seen a cow drop 2 hides. Maybe the RNG gods like you.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    Trust me, that's not a new concept, it's something we've been doing since the game game out. I kill 'em all and see what happens. The totals still seem very low compared to previous zones and to ore/branches.

However, it doesn't seem as terrible as people say finding scholar mats now is. I'm not starting my scholars for a while, this new area is so boring, so hopefully they'll fix that one before they head in.
    Scholar mats are everywhere in Ered Mithrin. Couple spots within a short ride of each other with 10-12 nodes apiece.

For hides, I'm finding that grinding out a level here and there in Warg Pens while we wait for instances to be fixed is not a bad place to get them.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

I have been through the Ironfold but have not completed it yet, however I have picked up about 94 hides so far. As an Explorer I have a lot of killing, mining and chopping to do.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Been around Iron hills today: aurorch cows almost always dtop 2x. In Withered Heath instance, worm and small drakes drop hides, and sig drakes almost always drop 2. In TG instance, same thing.

And if you run craft instances especially if you duo and kill scourges, you get 4 craft packs per instance, that is 16 total, 80 of whatever resource you need.

Scholar mats drop profusely off orcs in TG and GD craft instances. Also area in front of TG has tons of undead dorfs dropping scholar mats aplenty. Not to mention lots of scholar nodeas there.