We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Make Empowerments and Crystals barterable with Motes of Enchantment - Make Metadeeds and Mordor relevant

Easy solution for the Mordor cluster nerf. You can add them for the price they have in BBs merits:

90 Motes for 1 empowerment scroll
    300 Motes for 1 crystal

Although I think it should be reduced (both Motes and Merits), maybe to this:
    50 Motes for 1 empowerment scroll (90 is just too much if you compare with the CoS drops - having in mind you get 300 Motes for 1 Mordor dailies day, it would be 6 empowerments if 50 Motes each, comparable to a lucky day at CoS or even the Minas Tirith dailies)
    200 Motes for 1 crystal (you don't need as many as empowerments but it's still a huge grind)

This way you don't only make running Mordor cluster useful, but also you make useful to do Metadeeds and to continue running the Mordor dailies
    And also, seriously, why is the reward for a metadeed that can take a few days the same than Mordor dailies that can be done in less than 1 hour? - this is for another topic but metadeed reward should be at least 1000 Motes

Quote Originally Posted by fegefeuer View Post
    easy solution for the mordor cluster nerf. You can add them for the price they have in bbs merits:

90 motes for 1 empowerment scroll
    300 motes for 1 crystal

although i think it should be reduced (both motes and merits), maybe to this:
    50 motes for 1 empowerment scroll (90 is just too much if you compare with the cos drops - having in mind you get 300 motes for 1 mordor dailies day, it would be 6 empowerments if 50 motes each, comparable to a lucky day at cos or even the minas tirith dailies)
    200 motes for 1 crystal (you don't need as many as empowerments but it's still a huge grind)

this way you don't only make running mordor cluster useful, but also you make useful to do metadeeds and to continue running the mordor dailies
    and also, seriously, why is the reward for a metadeed that can take a few days the same than mordor dailies that can be done in less than 1 hour? - this is for another topic but metadeed reward should be at least 1000 motes
    ^^^ this ^^^
    Luinmiriel [L115 Elf Hunter], Marisibelle [L115 Burglar], Rosilyn [L106 Captain], Carafindriel [L106 Elf Minstrel], Katellin [L115 Beorning], Vornmiriel [L107 Elf Hunter], Melissabelle [L90 Burglar], Lorindriel [L46 Elf Warden], Luinmirien [L115 High Elf Hunter], Silaeluin [115 High Elf Runekeeper]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

Don't you see? They made crystals a requirement for casuals, without providing any decent means of earning them. CoS 105 was one venue of getting them. And instead of providing MORE options for getting crystals (as you are asking), they instead are taking options away.
    If casuals can earn much-needed crystals in-game, they will not be spending Mithril coins. Can't have that.

Get that wallet back out, put it where SSG can easily reach it, and nobody gets hurt.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Don't you see? They made crystals a requirement for casuals, without providing any decent means of earning them. CoS 105 was one venue of getting them. And instead of providing MORE options for getting crystals (as you are asking), they instead are taking options away.
    If casuals can earn much-needed crystals in-game, they will not be spending Mithril coins. Can't have that.

Get that wallet back out, put it where SSG can easily reach it, and nobody gets hurt.
    Crystals can be earned via festivals fort casuals. If also do the Inn League and the other Thorins Hall League every day, all the repeatables, then barter those tokens for festival tokens You get a decent number each day. Emp Scroll are alot worse now. Especially since it requires 400 or something. Only avalable by doing boring MT dailes. You can get 6 per character per day doing that though. It's just so numbingly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Crystals can be earned via festivals fort casuals. If also do the Inn League and the other Thorins Hall League every day, all the repeatables, then barter those tokens for festival tokens You get a decent number each day. Emp Scroll are alot worse now. Especially since it requires 400 or something. Only avalable by doing boring MT dailes. You can get 6 per character per day doing that though. It's just so numbingly boring.

I used festivals for years to get the crystals. I just want to play them for the fluff right now. So burned out.

As wispsong said, I prefer to use festivals for fun and cosmetics, not for another grind. I still prefer the motes option. I spent mithril years ago to max Lis of 2 alts (crystals only), when cap was 100. I have more characters now, I won't do it again, nor I'll bother to farm the items. But I like Mordor dailies and I like to do deeds, so, I'll have plenty of (currently useless) motes.