We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Upcoming Guardian changes announced in +Cord of the Rings

Hammer Down:
    • Cooldown no longer affected by War-Chant
    • No longer grants Brutal Assault reset with "Tireless Blows"
    • No longer affected by Reactive Parry legacy

Personal thoughts
    While they are bug fixes, this kinda makes Hammer Down very weak and will essentially be downgraded to a CC skill. Reactive Parry damage was more than welcome on the skill, since Guardians struggled to get any high damage skills/bursty type of a skill.
    Consider buffing the damage or something, otherwise it might not really be worth it anymore.

Follow Through:
    • Max target issues fixed

Explanation
    Shield-smash will now affect 8 targets rather than 7 (bug fix from u22.2)

Take to Heart:
    • Seems like they fixed it's interaction with Mark of Permanence, will now grant the heal
    • Chance to trigger improved to 50% from 10%
    • Has an internal cooldown, 5 seconds

Personal thoughts:
    While this is more than a welcome change, I don't think it will affect the line as a whole. It will certainly make an impact on landscape and maybe in PVMP, but PVE, it's still rather lacklustre (unless you're kiting or something, I dunno)

Edit: Source and grammar
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

I'm glad to see they are still working on fixing guard bugs after first balance pass have been done, instead of forgetting guards for another few years.

Fixing and improving core yellow mechanic seems very interesting.

Too bad that Hammer down damage will come down and will become a filler skill. Let's hope they up it a bit to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post

Follow Through:
    • Max target issues fixed

Explanation
    Shield-smash will now affect 8 targets rather than 7 (bug fix from u22.2)
    Sadly i'm afraid you misunderstood this as Cordovan said: "Follow Through will now correctly list of number of targets for tier 3, which is SEVEN"!

Explanation: Vastin reduced Shield-Smash targets intentionally, but didn't fix tooltip of "Follow Through" of Rank 3. As i understand it, they are just going to fix the typo in Follow Through's Rank 3 from 8 to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    Sadly i'm afraid you misunderstood this as Cordovan said: "Follow Through will now correctly list of number of targets for tier 3, which is SEVEN"!

Explanation: Vastin reduced Shield-Smash targets intentionally, but didn't fix tooltip of "Follow Through" of Rank 3. As i understand it, they are just going to fix the typo in Follow Through's Rank 3 from 8 to 7.

Source that it's a bug

More specifically,

Known issues:

Guardian
    • Shield-smash is affecting 7 targets instead of 8 when rank 3 of Follow Through is traited.

"Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

LOL XD

Shield taunt also got reduced its targets from 5 to 4, maybe this can be reverted too?

Well. Nice to read but guards need at least one 10 target aggrobuildung skill which is no force for tanking against yellow champs.
    For this would shield taunt be nice as aggro pure.